World of Warcraft

kingofsquid

KingofSquid, On the late game content (Outlands and Northrend (60+)) you are going to experience slow downs due to graphical overloads. For the end game, if you are willing you might be able to wing it with a cleaned and optimised system on 1gig. ram and 8600 or better card (Sorry don't know the Ati equvalents) and a free connection of 1Mbit. The better your system is, the better the game will look and play (As you will be able to open magic and envirolment effects :p)

If you are a student on a low budget, WoW is one of the cheapest entertainment avenues out there but other than that it is becoming a lot boring for the long time players.

So I do not need high speed to play, and 256 will work?I have an ATI mobility 128 AGP 2X (Dell). Processor is Intel Pentium III, ~850 Mhz. Page file says i have 405mb available. Sooooooooo?

Edited by kingofsquid

You might get it to work on your dad's rig, King, but it's going to be murder in the cities and you're going to take up what's left of his hard drive which will screw over the virtual memory for anyone who uses the machine. At a little over 3 gigs, you don't have much there for installing newer games. Is a new computer out of the question? If so, there are other games out there that will cause considerably less grief. Not a lot of the newer games, but some of them and some really good older games too.

WoW like we've said takes up HUGE amounts of space. And if your system specs are what you posted then you probably can't play anything made after 2004. 256 mb of ram is TINY in this day and age. My computer wheezes during raids and I've got 1 gig.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So I do not need high speed to play, and 256 will work?I have an ATI mobility 128 AGP 2X (Dell). Processor is Intel Pentium III, ~850 Mhz. Page file says i have 405mb available. Sooooooooo?

Just forget it.

With that computer you have no chance in hell of playing anything more recent than 5-6 years and certainly wont be able to play WoW.

KoS, the below spec are for Burning Crusade so WotLK will be similar or even more intensive:

Technology

What are the system requirements?

OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista (with latest Service Packs)

Processor:

Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2

Memory:

Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)

Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)

Video:

Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better

Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better

Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

Also, despite what everyone has told you:

All Platforms

Controls: A keyboard and mouse are required. Input devices other than a mouse and keyboard are not supported.

Connectivity: You must have an active broadband Internet connection to play.

Mouse: Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended.

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB free hard drive space

All of this is available here.

Edited by Gfted1

WoW like we've said takes up HUGE amounts of space. And if your system specs are what you posted then you probably can't play anything made after 2004. 256 mb of ram is TINY in this day and age. My computer wheezes during raids and I've got 1 gig.

All MMO's do, Galaxies takes up 4.5 gigs.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Vaguely related, but I present to you Blizzard's Art Philosophy

1:Less is NEVER more

2:Bigger is ALWAYS better

3:All one-handed weapons should be (at least) as big as two-handed weapons

4:If all else fails, add skulls and spikes and paint it red

:lol:

WoW's art style is just there to compensate for having to support older computers. Say all you want, the game is not pretty.

One quick look at Orgrimmar makes me cringe.

33167742.jpg

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Can you suggest a REALLY good game for either PC or PS2, then? Or Wii.

You can instead shoot heroin into your bloodstream, it would be better then WoW.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

You can instead shoot heroin into your bloodstream, it would be better then WoW.

This is true, your better off not spending any time with it.

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

This is true, your better off not spending any time with it.

It might be healthier, but $15 a month won't get you much heroin.

WoW's art style is just there to compensate for having to support older computers. Say all you want, the game is not pretty.

One quick look at Orgrimmar makes me cringe.

33167742.jpg

I quite like WoW's art style, but yeah it's not very high tech. But I have to say it never takes me out of the game because it's at least consistent.

Or will be again, anyway, as the new areas are getting updated.