World of Warcraft

kingofsquid

????????? Yes they take all games back.

Problem with WoW is that they won't be able to resell your game because the account you create with the game will be linked to the game you purchased by the serial number of the game. It's a trick they did to make people buy new games.

As to Lich King and BC? Well, you'll still have to get the updates for those ANYWAY because the lowe level characters will still have to deal with the newer content (inscription, jewelcrafting etc) from the expansions. Also if you install them right off the bat you save yourself several HOURS of updating.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, if you're gonna come in and troll/curse about something that the thread is about and never post constructivly? Go put your hand in a fire then try typing. Contribute, don't mindlessly scream.

I don't think Wallyworld will let you bring back the game, and I'd suggest against it with dial up given that as is, it takes my broadband connection several hours to put in a content patch, for dialup you'll probably spend a day and a half just updating from 1.0 via downloads, and probably 8 hours just going from 3.0-3.2

56k dial-up is ~7KB/S, according to my calculations it will take about 40h to download a GB of data, assuming maximum speed.

ouch... and your standard content patch runs about about 1 gig... (fortunatly they allow you to start downloading early)

But only buying 1.0 and patching up to 3.2? you'd probably save more money from power bills buying BC and Wrath anyway.

You aren't going to be able to return it, Walmart does not take back opened software, it is in their return policy.

I believe it is about 1.5 gigs to patch from Wrath of the Lich King. Unfortunately I just checked and you do need to buy the original WoW and the Burning Crusade to play WotLK. You can get the Battlechest, which has the first expansion, for about $40. Then WotLK is another $40. But you might just want to wait, I imagine they'll release another Battle Chest with both expansions eventually.

How come you are on dial-up anyways? Unless you are in the country, like me, DSL and cable are just a few bucks more a month.

in the country

And I have to have BC? I was planning to buy WotLK anyway, but......crap.

Gilneas? Velen? Who? And what about EBay? Anyway, I want to be a blood elf, or whatever those guys are that have Pillar of Fire (best dang power ever).

Hey, um, BTW:

Isn't Arthas the Lich King? Wait, yeah, from the cool ending of Frozen Throne!

Edited by kingofsquid

I'd rather eat dog food than play WoW.
Dog food isn't that bad, actually. Much better than horse food, that's for sure. Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The names he mentioned are server names.

*shrugs* You should probably look at WoWwiki for some info on the lore.

And yes you have to have BC in order to play Wrath, it's just how it goes.

And I've never heard of a "pillar of fire" spell... Combustion Bast wave? sure (mage) but nothing that popped out a pillar... well maybe something from a shaman but *shruggles*

In warcraft 3, Frozen Throne, one of the Blood Elf heroes can cast Pillar of Fire, a spell that causes a red circle to appear on the ground and shoot up a massive blast of fire, and even after the spell ends, flames burn the area for a short time.

And what was wrong with that link anyway (Purkake's)?

Hey can I get a link to WoW wiki?

Edited by kingofsquid

I think he might be talking about flamestrike or whatever it's called. Mage spell, but it all sort of swims together after a while.

Anyhow, like Calax said, I was talking about Realms. I have folks on Gilneas and Velen. I think I've deleted the rest. Not sure.

clicked on link and watched the preview. What does Joker have to do with WoW?

That Arkham Asylum thing is just a preview. It's supposed to loop right into the main trailer at 16 seconds. I've noticed that sometimes this doesn't work on Gametrailers.

Try it a couple more times and it should eventually work.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.