World of Warcraft

kingofsquid

The ever infamous Onyxia (of the particular youtube video) has returned with re-tuned loot and fighting. Overall an easy fight but still it's fun to see her actually do damage this time.

How do you play the game with so much stuff on the screen? I can barely even see the game world. Is there a stripped-down combat HUD or something?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The ever infamous Onyxia (of the particular youtube video) has returned with re-tuned loot and fighting. Overall an easy fight but still it's fun to see her actually do damage this time.

How do you play the game with so much stuff on the screen? I can barely even see the game world. Is there a stripped-down combat HUD or something?

Actually, he is using a TON of UI mods to make it look like that. Normally there's much less clutter.

EVE has a much better integrated interface system.

Are you active in EVE currently, Purk?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yep, EVE's UI is pretty nice - I don't get why people hate it and say it's un-intuitive or confusing. Anyone try the new Ony encounter?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Never been, why?

Thought I remember you mentioing Eve sometimes before.

Surprised I found a game you haven't played. :p

Yep, EVE's UI is pretty nice - I don't get why people hate it and say it's un-intuitive or confusing. Anyone try the new Ony encounter?

People don't hate EVE, it just has a (somewhat justifiable) reputation of being complicated and requiring a lot of time to get anywhere, which is also pretty true.

WoW is the bang bang MMO while EVE is the one you play forever and eventually get to be someone. You have to put more in to get more out of it.

Never been, why?

Thought I remember you mentioing Eve sometimes before.

Surprised I found a game you haven't played. :p

I have played the free trial a few times. I don't really do MMOs.

Also, sometimes I tend to comment on games that I haven't played. For example, Shadow of the Colossus.

Edited by Purkake

Actually, he is using a TON of UI mods to make it look like that. Normally there's much less clutter.

EVE has a much better integrated interface system.

sorta kinda, the standard ui is fairly uncluttered until you need to start using more than 10 abilities at any given time.I think I've got five extra combat bars popped out so I can see everything I need on a regular basis, in the standard ui interface (which I have somewhere else in here) there's bars on the bottom and right side, your left side is taken up by party and then there's the buffs in the upper right corner with your minimap.

Honestly I actually cut down on a lot of clutter (and those bars in that screenie are at 80% standard size).

the clutter on the left in my screen shot is recount (a mod I usually don't even use) and Omen which monitors peoples threat in relation to the tank.

... you know what, I'm just gonna edit it to write out everything

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

[so I can see everything I need on a regular basis, .

:o

That's a lot of stuff in regular use. I think my head would explode.

Well, I'm unusual in that I put almost everything I think about on the screen. The first 12 buttons on the bottom left are hotkeyed to my number keys, but beyond that I don't really have anything bound (which is fairly unusual). That said, the rows on the left are the ones I mainly use for raiding, the ones on the right are used for misc stuff (for a weapon swap, mounts, a few macros, first aid, professions, things like that)

post-13853-1253662468_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm unusual in that I put almost everything I think about on the screen. The first 12 buttons on the bottom left are hotkeyed to my number keys, but beyond that I don't really have anything bound (which is fairly unusual). That said, the rows on the left are the ones I mainly use for raiding, the ones on the right are used for misc stuff (for a weapon swap, mounts, a few macros, first aid, professions, things like that)

That's awesome.

Using 2 swords and 1 spell in The Witcher is about my limit for realtime fantasy multitasking. ANything more and I'd just be drooling on myself.

:lol:

That's awesome.

Using 2 swords and 1 spell in The Witcher is about my limit for realtime fantasy multitasking. ANything more and I'd just be drooling on myself.

Doing dps rotation is lot simpler than tanking or healing, I think.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

:lol:

That's awesome.

Doing dps rotation is lot simpler than tanking or healing, I think.

Depends on the tank, as a warrior I use by FAR the most abilities in any given fight. Paladins really only hit three buttons. Druids and DK's are somewhere in between.

Healing is a whole other beast that to me is frightening and makes me want to hide under a rock.

I always found it fun that warrior is actually one of the complex classes to play with stances and rage management, where usually in RPGs warriors are "me smash!" type of characters.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underd...p3/icecrown.xml

For lore nerds, Icecrown Citadel is coming out in 3.3. That's explaining the 5 mans.

Basics:

Three wings, the raids will be smashing down the front door, the 5 mans will be sneaking in the back door to sabotage the Lich Kings defenses (and attack him in his chambers).

Gives out NICE gear.

Lich King will be defeated in the last 5 man (not killed, that's saved for the 25 man).

From the sound of it the raids will have you charging in on either the Skybreaker or Ogrims Hammer (which are airships in icecrown) to get into the Citadel proper. Then you'll fight through the wings of Icecrown to break open the way to Arthas to finally defeat him.

In other news, Cataclysm had more details pop up.

Southshore is being wiped out by a tidal wave.

STV is gonna be the MOST changed zone in the place.

New Orgrimmer lead by Garrosh Hellscream who is slightly racist (orcs and taurens only allowed).

Undercity revamped so you can get in from above.

The ashenvale outpost the horde have is going to be changed to look like Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra.

Raids will be based more around the Naxx model (lots of bosses, wings, etc) than the Sarth model (on big boss in the entire instance).

Healing is a whole other beast that to me is frightening and makes me want to hide under a rock.

Healbot. So easy a Paladin could do it.

So I've been told, as it is I'm SLOWLY leveling a shaman to 80 that'll be elemental/resto so I can get a caster for once (all my toons have been melee)