New Mass Effect 2 character

Purkake

Its hard to say who is more bland Ashley or Carth Kaidan (they could have at least changed the name significantly)

I couldn't care less for either of them. Liara was interesting, though she was about as alien as Mr. Spock.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Its hard to say who is more bland Ashley or Carth Kaidan (they could have at least changed the name significantly)

I couldn't care less for either of them. Liara was interesting, though she was about as alien as Mr. Spock.

She had tentacles for hair. Weird how that never came up in a conversation...

My problem with her was that she didn't have tentacles in the important places.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

My problem with her was that she didn't have tentacles in the important places.

How do you know :lol:

It's true they never really explained what the heck was up with the asari "hair". Why does it all have to look alike?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

She had no tentacles. She was just really into biking with full body paint.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I love how there are 100+ year old aliens who are still "young" and haven't learned anything about other people in all that time. I'm sure there's a TVtrope for that...

"You humans are so new to me. You're so short lived and full of energy. Unlike those Salarians who only live 40 years and act like they're minelining coffee. The alien race my people have interacted with for several thousand years. And you humans are so aggressive and goal oriented. Unlike those Korgans my race dealt with while never getting our hands dirty. So, really, your species is hardly unique, but this is a science fiction story, so I have to talk about how strange and exciting the human race is."

I like Liara, but most of her conversations were blatant ego stroking.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I love how there are 100+ year old aliens who are still "young" and haven't learned anything about other people in all that time. I'm sure there's a TVtrope for that...

"You humans are so new to me. You're so short lived and full of energy. Unlike those Salarians who only live 40 years and act like they're minelining coffee. The alien race my people have interacted with for several thousand years. And you humans are so aggressive and goal oriented. Unlike those Korgans my race dealt with while never getting our hands dirty. So, really, your species is hardly unique, but this is a science fiction story, so I have to talk about how strange and exciting the human race is."

It's was more of a general comment. You'd think she would learn some basic interaction skills over all those years.

I also mostly liked her, but the whole archeologist thing didn't really fit.

Is she breaking the 4th wall there or am I reading it out of context?

i didnt really like any of the npcs except garrus.

wrex was ok i guess but his characterization was a tad too cliche. not that garrus' wasnt, but for some reason i noticed it less in his case.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I liked all alien companions & hated the humans. Carth's moping was alright because the lad had lost his wife & was betrayed by his mentor... all that happened to Kaidan is that he basically failed to sleep with a chick at school (or something like that)... a bit lame.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Is she breaking the 4th wall there or am I reading it out of context?

It's not a real quote. The comparisons to other races are Maria pointing out the inconsistency.

I liked all alien companions & hated the humans. Carth's moping was alright because the lad had lost his wife & was betrayed by his mentor... all that happened to Kaidan is that he basically failed to sleep with a chick at school (or something like that)... a bit lame.

I liked Alenko the most out of the human crew of the Normandy. He seemed like a really well adjusted guy with no current problems, only past ones he managed.

I think Kaidan is a little more complex than what you post, being trained on a remote station on the edge of the Solar System, where he killed his instructor accidentally for being an ****. Plus, he was in constant pain (migraines) due to the L2 bionics.

For those of you who only want offical news. Tali has been confirmed to return.

Jarrett Lee

We have held back a bit on talking about characters from the first game but obviously at least one favorite character is returning: Tali. I can't pretend she's not in the screenshots. :thumbsup:

Link

It seems mostly women are returning.

I'll leave it to the actual German speakers to tell me if that's correct.

Close enough. The content is all correct.

Thank you very much, Mr. Sawyer!

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm happy Tali will be back. I liked her better than most of the others. I'm hoping maybe this means we get to spend some time at, or in, the flotilla.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Never used it anyway, supposedly it improved your aim, but meh. If you have third person cover, there's really no point in crouching.

untrue. crouching considerable steadied sniper shots. once you put loads o' point into sniper rifles it didn't genuine matter if you were crouching or not, but near start of game crouch made much difference. 'course the sniper rifles is way overpowered anyways, and as mentioned already, crouching only helped at start o'' game.

also, crouching did offer considerable cover benefits early in game when your character were relative weak... and have vague recollecting that on highest difficulty setting we got some use of crouch-type cover in the dlc. most locations offered equal cover benefits for standing as crouching, but there were a few exceptions. 'course obvious fix is to simply alter those game areas that woulda' made crouch your best option... get on rail car at new eden encouraged crouch, but not take too much imagination to replace waist high cover with larger pylons or columns or wahtever.

benefits o' crouch were pretty limited, but were useful early in game, particularly for snipers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The ability to crouch has been removed from the game. :woot:

That's just stupid, did they give any good reason?

Never used it anyway, supposedly it improved your aim, but meh. If you have third person cover, there's really no point in crouching.

I use it constantly, it does improve your aim and it allows people behind you to shoot. And it feels stupid to stand around if you don't have any cover, only idiots make themselfs bigger targets in a bulletstorm.