What are you playing now

Gorth

I think they are trying to make the PC always appear and feel superior to the characters. Bioware has a bad cas of this, many of their characters are emotional wrecks for no real reason and it gnaws on any sane mans patience.

Even Aerie pissed me of with he whining sometimes, but that was nothing compared to Bastila, Carth, Kaidan, Ashley etc etc

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"Even Aerie pissed me of with he whining sometimes, but that was nothing compared to Bastila, Carth, Kaidan, Ashley etc etc"

L0L Aerie is the worst example of this type of character. Not that it actally bothers me.. As long as the background/whining isn't boring ala that girl from Annah who has sex with her daddy and wnats sex with TNO. Now, that was hilariously boring and funny!

But, Aerie, is most definitely the protype of the whiny character with the horrible childhood/past.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think they are trying to make the PC always appear and feel superior to the characters. Bioware has a bad cas of this, many of their characters are emotional wrecks for no real reason and it gnaws on any sane mans patience.

Even Aerie pissed me of with he whining sometimes, but that was nothing compared to Bastila, Carth, Kaidan, Ashley etc etc

Am I the only one who didn't mind Carth's whining? The player is the one insisting on continuing the conversation, after all.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i agree she was, but it bothered me less because it was the first time bioware did it.

that they have done it every game since is totally retarded

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Am I the only one who didn't mind Carth's whining? The player is the one insisting on continuing the conversation, after all.

Carth is an interesting, well developed character.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I was expecting a blaster +3 for enduring those conversations. I got squat.

Jokes aside, its not bad its just that Bio characters are too often like that.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Carth was a whiner. I wanted to push him out of the airlock just as he was about to get on the escape pod at the very beginning.

EDIT: Oops. I'm currently playing mass effect.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Since this is the first time I am playing Broken Steel,

is it normal for an Enclave soldier to appear by himself even though I just started the game? Plus there is a bug where 3 Dog is talking about the end of the game where they have fresh water, yet I am not even close to finishing the game. I haven't even got his dish yet.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

is it normal for an Enclave soldier to appear by himself even though I just started the game? Plus there is a bug where 3 Dog is talking about the end of the game where they have fresh water, yet I am not even close to finishing the game. I haven't even got his dish yet.

No, they usually arrive a little later.. There are some scouting parties of 2-3 soldiers that hang around an area - if a Deathclaw or something similar killed of the rest he could be returning to his post after fleeing in terror.

Fortune favors the bald.

No, they usually arrive a little later.. There are some scouting parties of 2-3 soldiers that hang around an area - if a Deathclaw or something similar killed of the rest he could be returning to his post after fleeing in terror.

Yeah I haven't even started Scientific Pursuits yet. He was by himself near Dukoff's Place. He wasted my character since she is at a very low level. I reloaded the game and nuked his ass. That was the first time I've encountered the Enclave before you rescue your dad. I thought it may have been something new that Broken Steel did. I never played such a buggy game since PoR2. Random crashes and bugs like this. If I didn't enjoy playing it, when it works, I would have deleted it a long time ago.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Been playing Call of Duty: World at War whenever I've found some time. Disappointing game. Call of Duty 4 was one of few games that managed to woo me with its explosions, scripted events etc etc, but World at War just feels like a cheap copy. None of the problems of CoD4 seems to have been looked at particularly much, it just feels churned out to bring in some cash.

That said, I did enjoy some missions. But overall it's pretty bleh.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah I haven't even started Scientific Pursuits yet. He was by himself near Dukoff's Place. He wasted my character since she is at a very low level. I reloaded the game and nuked his ass. That was the first time I've encountered the Enclave before you rescue your dad. I thought it may have been something new that Broken Steel did. I never played such a buggy game since PoR2. Random crashes and bugs like this. If I didn't enjoy playing it, when it works, I would have deleted it a long time ago.

That's not a bug. People asked for a more challenging experience and they got it. As you found out, you CAN kill them, but you need to be paying attention, not just bebopping around.

Can't win for losing with this crowd.

Instead of doing what I should have been doing, I played Fallout 2 tonight. It was truly a masterpiece, but folks complaining about the bugs in Fallout 3 really should remember the crazy assed bugs that plagued Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 2 is still one of my favorites though. Favorite of the Fallout series for sure.

Currently, I found the GECK and now I'm going to tie up loose ends before I pick up the main quest line again. I've

already taken the GECK back to Arroyo for the cutscene.

Even without trying, I'm nowhere near the end of the game and I'm already stacked with cash, arms, and ammunition. Once again, this is something that Fallout 3 detractors seem to misremember. Except for outrageous critical hits, you can pretty much shrugg off most things during the middle of the game. ...And I fail to see how a super easy game is any worse than an easy game except for the odd moments when you someone randomly hits you with a few hundred points of damage. Hell, my party just took on a group of super mutants armed with lasers and gattling guns and THEN took on a group of deathclaws. And THEN the caravan wouldn't leave with us so I wasted all that time. Eh, who needs 2000 bucks anyhow? Chump change. I can't even find anyone with enough cash to buy all my phat loot.

All that said, playing Fallout 2 again reminds me of why it's been such a favorite of mine over the years. I like Fallout 3, but I would really love to have another game like Fallout 1/2 again. Just wonderful.

You forget that you have tons of experience in abusing the system, and that the game is cakewalk for you now after so many playthroughs. I remember getting my ass kicked plenty of times on my first playthrough, until I got the hang of the system. After that just like in any other game when you get the hang of the system, you rape the game to kingdom come.

logosig2.jpg

The worst bug in F2 was having your car disappear. Horrible.

Its realistic. Having a car there in Fallout like driving a Lamboghini Murcielago and parking it in the Bronx. :biggrin:

Yeah, they just took my car and left the damn trunk there. Awesome!

The worst bug in F2 was having your car disappear. Horrible.

Its realistic. Having a car there in Fallout like driving a Lamboghini Murcielago and parking it in the Bronx. :lol:

Yeah, they just took my car and left the damn trunk there. Awesome!

Kind thievery :lol:

logosig2.jpg

Finished Batman Arkham Asylum demo. For all its fantastic polish, animation and voice acting the game comes off as terribly shallow. All the challenge consists of pressing one appropriate button whether it is to grapple, fight or see enemies through walls. If this is more or less the gameplay the entire game revolves around then Batman isnt for me, though I can see people liking it for the great presentation.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Nope, but there were supposed to be references to them. Those are the two that are specifically not in the game, there's like a whole bunch of villains like Scarecrow and whonot(not a comic fan really)

Edited by Purkake