Internet speed

Purkake

• 4 weeks later...

Are you sitting on a 1Tb-line?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Amentep, Zoraptor are you guys actually getting color internet or is it all black and white? :p

Sometimes its neither. :shifty:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...
534366797.png

All the major ISPs around here suck. Faster would be nice, but I'd hate to give any of them more of our money. :ermm:

Edit: Except for Hurlshot's Wildblue, my Sympatico is tied with Kor's Telus for lowest ISP rating at 2.6. Woo! Go us!

591409372.png

My ping to that server has almost tripled and my speed has increased a little bit. Bell did something to our line today and it's a little bit faster than before. It's more noticeable on the wired connection where we've got a full 5Mb/s down!

I have high speeds too, but bad ping due to wireless :ermm:

If I really, really wanted to, I could probably run a wire from the router in the next room, but it would require moving a lot of furniture to hide it along the wall. I'm just thankful I've got an extra WRT54G around that I could load up with DD-WRT and use as a bridge.

Edited by Deraldin

534366797.png

All the major ISPs around here suck. Faster would be nice, but I'd hate to give any of them more of our money. :p

Edit: Except for Hurlshot's Wildblue, my Sympatico is tied with Kor's Telus for lowest ISP rating at 2.6. Woo! Go us!

591409372.png

My ping to that server has almost tripled and my speed has increased a little bit. Bell did something to our line today and it's a little bit faster than before. It's more noticeable on the wired connection where we've got a full 5Mb/s down!

Your connection was probably changed to interleaved to improve stability.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Your connection was probably changed to interleaved to improve stability.

They called us yesterday afternoon to inform us that we had been switched to a slower profile in order to improve stability on our line. At the moment we're having more problems than we had before they played with it. In the 2 days since we've been switched over we have had our connection dwindle to nothing (0.15Mbps up, 0.5 down) three times. We've had this issue with our service for quite some time, but power cycling the router/modem sets everything back to normal so it hasn't been enough to get us to do anything since it was infrequent enough to not be a bother. 3 times in 2 days is pushing it however.

Been checking out some options. One of the local telecoms offers ADSL2+ in the area and we're within 2km of the CO. As a bonus they don't throttle and have no bandwidth caps. Need to look into this a little more.

Edited by Deraldin