Dragon Age Origins

"It will be better than Mass Effect but that doesn't say much as Mass Effect was the worst game they ever made."

Nope. That's KOTOR.

I believe you are not familiar with

Bio had something to do with this crap?

"It will be better than Mass Effect but that doesn't say much as Mass Effect was the worst game they ever made."

Nope. That's KOTOR.

I believe you are not familiar with

Bio had something to do with this crap?

I didn't notice the "they" part. No, it's just one of the worst recentish games made by anyone.

:lol: Mako joke

Edited by Purkake

The console version of Dragon Age has been delayed 14 days. There are some people on the Bioboard claming that this means an utter loss of momentum and sales.

Ign says:

"Dragon Age Origins will be released on November 3rd in North America and November 6th in Europe for Xbox 360 and PC. The Playstation 3 version will follow later in November," the BioWare rep said.

The PC and 360 versions are still coming out together only 2 weeks later. Only the PS3 version is getting the shaft. It's not like anyone will actually play it on the PS3, so I don't see how that would make them lose anything.

Edited by Purkake

Given that the console version was originally slated for an indefinite post-release date and the emphasis was on the PC, that delay will hardly cause the sky to fall in.

Of all my doubts about this title, success in shifting units on all platforms ain't one of them.

sonsofgygax.JPG

So after delaying PC release for months, they still fail to get all 3 versions out at the same time. PC version should be very bug free right about now if QA team have worked all this time.

Hmmm. Bug-free? Bio's post-release support is pretty good, so I'll expect the first beta patch by the end of the third week in November, maybe we should run a book on it?

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

So after delaying PC release for months, they still fail to get all 3 versions out at the same time. PC version should be very bug free right about now if QA team have worked all this time.

Bio's post-release support is pretty good

Cheers

MC

Apparently not so good if you own MEPC.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Cheers

MC

? I own MEPC. What support problems do I supposedly have?

Cheers

MC

There has been all of one patch (or have they released the second patch?) so far and the first one apparently created nearly as many problems as it fixed, with the biggest issue being the black textures on certain planets that could cause you to drive into invisible lava and die.

If you haven't been having issues then there is no problem at all. If you do have issues, then Bioware hasn't done much of anything (visibly) to fix those issues and you've been stuck with a broken game for months.

It's been awhile since I've checked out the MEPC forums, but that's what I recall it being like.

Edited by Deraldin

What Deraldin said. Which is surprising because Bio is usually good with Q&A and after release patching. Maybe it has something to do with Demiurge, I don't know, but the reported problems where enough to put me off getting the steam PC version.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

There has been all of one patch (or have they released the second patch?) so far and the first one apparently created nearly as many problems as it fixed, with the biggest issue being the black textures on certain planets that could cause you to drive into invisible lava and die.

I had that issue with the black textures.

I looked on the forums after I installed the patch, and the Biowarians told me how to fix it. Turns out their biggest issue was resolved by deleting a few files from a folder.

Bioware's post-release support is still pretty good, IMO. As good as it needs to be, at any rate. If there's another patch in the works, the need for it is evidently not all that pressing. I don't doubt that there are people screaming bloody murder, but... have checked out a couple of fora, and much of the gnashing-of-teeth seems to be regarding the DLC certain people seem to feel they're "owed". Typical internet wankery, in other words.

'course, I never had all that many issues with MEPC in the first place. Maybe I just got extremely lucky with it (though such a thing would be abnormally atypical; if a game's got a flaw in it somewhere, I'll usually end up having to scrape it off my shoe, somehow).

Guest Slinky

Demiurge did the PC port and they are the ones who are working on the second patch, so I think it's unfair to blame Bioware. I wouldn't be suprised if EA gave the master command to incorporate the patch in the upcoming second DLC and that is most likely released closer to ME2's release date to enchant ME2's sales.

That MEPC was brought up in regards to BioWare patching their games, and the conversation was about BioWare supporting/not-supporting MEPC, I don't think the identiy of MEPC is that hard to figure out.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.