Borderlands

Purkake

Lilith is not in the Bible. :thumbsup:

She is only mentioned in another document. I forget which.

No, she is mentioned.. the name just changes depending on the version. Liyliyth in the Hebrew, and something as obscure as Night Bird in the standard english one.. but it's still Lilith, a demon and formerly Adams first wife.

Fortune favors the bald.

Lilith is not in the Bible. :thumbsup:

She is only mentioned in another document. I forget which.

No, she is mentioned.. the name just changes depending on the version. Liyliyth in the Hebrew, and something as obscure as Night Bird in the standard english one.. but it's still Lilith, a demon and formerly Adams first wife.

Ahh yes I had forgotten the scops-owl mentioned in the KJV. I was only familiar with The Alphabet of Ben Sira.

*The more you know*

I don't know how Borderlands looked before, but right now it looks much better than Fallout 3, that's for sure. WHich is the last new game I played, so the comparison.

i was srprised to see they went with the crackdown/okami look becuz the first trailer released was like more realistic not that im complaining i like the look

As far as the released materials and interviews suggest, the game will have as much rpg as Diablo. (Stats and Skills, Inventory). There is a big probability of alternate / conflicting factions but no info if they will be stepping stones for the main quest or just side dishes. There is also a possibility of choices in accepting missions or not. But again we have no hard info if you can say "go to hell" to a main faction/questgiver and continue the story in an alternate way.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

I think the look of the game is already an established subject, but what about the actual game story/RPG elements? Do we know something substantial about that? I need more info, a single trailer alone doesn't really help a lot.

Most of the information is collected in the Borderlands wiki.

Don't expect the story or characters to sweep you off your feet, think Diablo II, not MotB.

• 4 weeks later...
A new somewhat lame
that still shows off the awesome art style and animations.

That wasn't lame. That was freaking awesome.

If the sense of style and humor that has been showing up in these trailers comes throughi n the game, the game is going to be the greatest thing ever.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's better to downplay it and let people be pleasantly surprised than hype it up too much.

I didn't really enjoy the content, but it still looks awesome.

There are way awesomer videos if you start from the beginning of this thread.

Edited by Purkake

I'm just hoping the single player is as awesome/funny, but then it seems entirely co-op based.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm just hoping the single player is as awesome/funny, but then it seems entirely co-op based.

Yup. That's my major concern. I have no real interest in multi-player games anymore, so unless the game has a reasonably strong single player component as well, in the end I won't be interested.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Steve is a nice guy.

Hi-yooo! KA-BLAM. :rolleyes:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yup. That's my major concern. I have no real interest in multi-player games anymore, so unless the game has a reasonably strong single player component as well, in the end I won't be interested.

single player info

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I can't wait, then. This just looks so much fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

im mostly stoked about two player offline co op.

my girlfriend loves those types of games, she still asks me about whether another BG dark alliance might ever come out

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

What's wrong with outlining things?

Because it looks like piss, and its such a cheapshot to pull graphicswise. Either you go full cartoony like TF2 or even toon/cellshading, or you keep it regular. You dont take a regular game and slap on some cheap outlines because someone in the design meeting is a complete loon.

I like it, and so do quite a lot of others. Looks like your gut is wrong.