Borderlands

Purkake

It's worth posting twice.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The game looks pretty good except I'm not liking how flat the character models look.

I hope this game is good.. one of the more unique looking ones to come out as of late. I just hope there's a bit of substance to go along with all the flash.

Edited by Blodhemn

I just hope there's a bit of substance to go along with all the flash.

AT the moment, that is the big question since as far as I know there has been no info released on what is in the game besides blowing away cartoon monsters and collecting randomized weapon parts. Just some vague references to having to go somewhere to find something.

Are there towns? stores? Dialogue? Decisons that affect the world? etc and so forth. My guess is no, to all of the above, but still what IS in the game if none of that is?

But the art style loosk very cool to me. So that's a plus. And I am always looking for a good free-roaming shooter.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Diablo -or rather Hellgate- like FPS with free roaming, cars, teammates with aura skills, and the story was something like finding out how humans got on the planet, and/or saving it from destruction, whatever.

^Scratch that.

A beacon of hope for the remaining colonists emerges in the form of a mysterious vault carved in the side of a mountain. This vault is said to contain vast stores of alien technology and secrets. The only problem is that the people who discovered the vault were completely wiped out by some sort of protective force. The only evidence of their discovery is a scattered radio transmission, proclaiming the vault's majesty, but not its location.[4]
Edited by Oner

I'm sold!

Its like someone just wrote the best story ever, isn't it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You realize this is what you know after the intro ends, not the whole story? And there's the alien chick too.

I'm just kidding around. The game looks pretty cool to me at this point. I'm just really curious as to what the single player content consists of, if anything.

Man, compared to Fallout 3's wasteland, this game looks fab.

Their's actually some bright primary colors and stuff.

People really need to innovate and try new art styles. Making stuff brown/gray and then using 10 filters to make it look even more washed out makes games ugly and it is already done to death.

I'd play Borderlands just because it looks different on the shelf.

Yeah. I mean, it looks a lot more like a comic book than FO3 did. but for me that's a plus. I love comic book-style graphic art.

Like you said, variety is a good thing. Enough with the brown green muted earthtones that pretty much is everywhere now.

Lilith? *swallows another Bloodlines reference*

A beacon of hope for the remaining colonists emerges in the form of a mysterious vault carved in the side of a mountain. This vault is said to contain vast stores of alien technology and secrets. The only problem is that the people who discovered the vault were completely wiped out by some sort of protective force. The only evidence of their discovery is a scattered radio

Sounds like a reversal of Fallout 3.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Borderland looks amazing, I'm especially intrigued about the 4 player coop feature.. I wonder how that'll be..

Bible reference more likely..

Fortune favors the bald.

Borderland looks amazing, I'm especially intrigued about the 4 player coop feature.. I wonder how that'll be..

Bible reference more likely..

Lilith is not in the Bible. ;)

She is only mentioned in another document. I forget which.

Or she could be the one who showed Cain how to use his gifts of blood.

Here's her description from the Borderlands wiki:

Once human, Lilith was turned into one of only six Sirens, a group of people with unbelievable powers who have been touched by alien technology. She comes to Pandora in search of another Siren, in an effort to find out more about herself.

Lilith is essentially the mage of the group, using her Siren powers to support the group and attack the enemy. Some of her powers include the ability to increase the group's rate of fire, as well as the power to create temporal bubbles, which she can manipulate to slow down enemies and hostile projectiles or speed up allies. One specific skill is called Phase Walk, which Gearbox co-founder Randy Pitchford describes as "kind of like when Frodo puts on the ring, except that when she takes it off she can kill everything around her with a shock wave nova effect.