Borderlands

Purkake

Do we have any news on what kind of copy protection scheme will be used for the PC version?

Securom disk check. No limited activations. Supposedly copies made before the release date will have an online activation in that it phones home to check the date in order to prevent pre-release copies being playable. Any discs made after the release date will not have this limitation. Steam version just has Steam itself. Nothing extra.

Information from here.

Also supposed to have single disc LAN capability.

Edited by Deraldin

Do we have any news on what kind of copy protection scheme will be used for the PC version?

Securom disk check. No limited activations. Supposedly copies made before the release date will have an online activation in that it phones home to check the date in order to prevent pre-release copies being playable. Any discs made after the release date will not have this limitation. Steam version just has Steam itself. Nothing extra.

Information from here.

No activation limit but we DO still have to activate it?

**** it, no more Securom activation bull****, I'll just buy it on Steam. Given the exchange rate it'll probably be half the price anyway.

Information from here.

**** it, no more Securom activation bull****, I'll just buy it on Steam. Given the exchange rate it'll probably be half the price anyway.

"Just a disc check" is the info. The BG2 version of Securom, if you will.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Information from here.

"Just a disc check" is the info. The BG2 version of Securom, if you will.

Hmmm. That's pretty tempting.

Do they have something like Battle.net for MP games?

so i played this for about 4 hours yesterday with my girl via splitscreen on my xbox. we both loved it. her words "its like a mix between left 4 dead and baldurs gate dark alliance". I pretty much agree, but the left 4 dead thing she's only saying because its a splitscreen coop shooter. (she doesnt play many games - the only ones she really gets into are sidescrollers, zombie games, and games where you find tons of loot (the shinier the better)

i have to say though, i think this game would kind of suck played single player, there just isnt a ton of meat to it, then again i thought dark alliance sucked single player, so if you liked that, and you like shooters, then you'd like this too.

plus - the art style is a lot of fun and makes the game more fun to play

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

My impression is that it isn't like (or supposed to be like) Fallout in terms of gameplay...people seem to be making the comparison simply because of the post-apocalyptic "look and feel" to the game graphics, vs fantasy/magic. Maybe.

From what I can tell via articles/videos, it's a combo of hack n slash RPG with shooter. Some aspects of it remind me just a little bit of Hellgate:London.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Why Dark Alliance and not Diablo? Isn't Dark Alliance a poor man's Diablo anyway?

diablo wasnt an offline co-op game. this is, and so was dark alliance, which is why i said DA and not diablo, but yeah its basically the same thing. i never tried hellgate london, i heard it sucked :lol:

seriously though, this game is really fun if you like that type of game and you have a good friend or three to play with.

oh yeah, and also: diablo was fun single player, Dark alliance wasnt, so its more like dark alliance imo

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

One of my twit acquaintances who bought it for 360 says "It is pretty fun if you like grinding & stat-building (ala Diablo), lots of (dark) humor too." ... unfortunately, it's hard to be more descriptive in 140 chrs. :lol:

If it *is* similar to Hellgate:London, only with more amusing/funny humor vids, then I probably won't like it all that much. Hellgate was briefly fun (the single-player, never tried mp) but between it's repetitive levels and loot/skill system, it was an utter failure.

Edit: If hubby liked to play games a lot more and the mp feature is fun, I might like such more...but he doesn't, so...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

its not that similar to hellgate

hellgate metacritic = 70

borderlands = 85

close, but not the same :lol:

I had the feeling Hellgate (minus the bugs) was a bit more fun in multi-player than single-player, since a shooter-like MP feel was more of its focus.

Sounds like Borderlands has the same focus, as well. Way of the gaming trends.

Oh well...there's always Diablo3.

re 5 was fun coop, also pretty crappy single player.

Friday can't come quickly enough.

I'm going to a huge book expo tomorrow(and I actually have some spare cash), but still keep thinking about Borderlands. ****.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds