Borderlands

Purkake

I'm waiting to hear what the esteemed members of this forum have to say before I decide if I'm buying or not.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I say you should buy it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I say you should buy it.

I remain unconvinced.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Your Amazon.ca order has shipped

Sent: October 21, 2009 1:56:12 PM

To: me.

Greetings from Amazon.ca!

We thought you'd like to know we shipped your order.

You can track the status of this order blahdeblah

The following items were included in this shipment:

1 Borderlands

:)

EDIT:

You've been charged only for the items sent in this shipment. (As per our policy, you pay for items only when we ship them to you.) The following items will ship separately, as soon as they're available:

1 Alpha Protocol

;(

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I concur. Playing video games with girlfriends is always awesome. Now to only find a cute girl that likes video games AND wants to be with me (and isn't already attached).

Who cares whether they have previous commitments if they want to be with you? :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, it can confuse the situation.....

Because sometimes while they admit a connection with you, they're not sure who to go with. Not that I have experience in this sort of matter :)

That's the point when you throw them on the bed and show them a good time.

Hmm, I've been thinking about getting this game, but I hadn't thought about the Steam option. I'm kind of fond of having a box to stuff on my overcrowded shelves..

I will think about it. Co-op sounds like fun.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Steam pre-loads have started. Totally looking forward to giving this a bit of my gameplay time.

Anyone else going to get this on Steam? If so, I'll post my Steam ID and we'll try to get some co-op in.

Post it anyway, can't hurt. Same goes for anybody else from here who is planning to buy it on Steam.

Mine is: euclideanalgorithm (yes, I know, it's a weird name, but all my Valve games are on it now, so I can hardly change)

I'm back on my swank 100 megabit line, too, so lag should be non-existent.

I think I'll buy this, L4D2 and Torchlight right now on Steam.

Well, it can confuse the situation.....

Because sometimes while they admit a connection with you, they're not sure who to go with. Not that I have experience in this sort of matter :)

That's called maintaining a reserve. And they'll never ever go with you. If they break up, they'll find an outlaw biker in quick order and still keep stringing you along.

Now, on the other hand, if you ARE that outlaw biker... You do what Krezack said. ;(

There's also a window of opportunity when a girl gets dumped by a guy (instead of doing the monkey-branch thing from MI2), and that's where the real possibilities lie if you're not an outlaw biker, but I'm running a fever again and am more interested in ranting than making a structured argument...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haha it's $45 dollars. You got boned. God I'm glad there's no regional Australian pricing on Steam.

So you're paying 309 SEK and I am expected to pay 463 SEK.. for the exact same game?

**** that. I'll stick to my retail copy for 378 SEK and be lonely ;(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I might be lonely with you. I'm debating between paying $130 for a four-pack (for friends) on Steam (and saving about $250 AUD when discounts, Steam vs physical, and exchange rate are considered) or waiting for more reviews to come in as well as details on the MP system.

I really think it'll be a downer if there's no social networking and anti-cheat platform like Battle.net, but that can be offset by playing exclusively with friends I guess.

I'm back on my swank 100 megabit line, too, so lag should be non-existent.

You're still in Australia, right?

That 100Mb isn't going to help much with lag when playing with people in NA or Europe.

****ing speed of light.

Latency on European and NA servers in Heroes of Newerth is 160 to 200ms. Decent?

I usually filter for <100ms, but that's pretty good for all the way from Australia. It would suck if Borderlands had a matchmaking system instead of a server browser, though. The lag goes pretty wild with matchmaking, even when connecting to local-ish servers.