Borderlands

Purkake

No Steve?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Looked to me like Steve was one of the guys getting shot. Poor Steve. I guess a cheery and helpful disposition gets old after awhile.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That was the first Borderlands trailer that didn't impress me. Seemed pretty generic shootery stuff.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

• 2 weeks later...

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

He said Hiyoooo at the end so maybe it wasn't him/he survived.

Yeah, the vid continues on with a black screen right after the Hiyooooo, where a person i assume to be Steve describes his injuries.

Edited by mr insomniac

I hope the single player aspect works as well as the multiplayer.. I like top play as more of a loner than a team member.. And then I'm guessing there is also single player on or offline. Hopefully the style of humor from the trailers carries over to the game, although it's hard to effectively add humor to games there have been a few to pull it off...

I hope the single player aspect works as well as the multiplayer.. I like top play as more of a loner than a team member.. And then I'm guessing there is also single player on or offline. Hopefully the style of humor from the trailers carries over to the game, although it's hard to effectively add humor to games there have been a few to pull it off...

It should work like Diablo II if that tells you anything.

I think there's a decent chance the multiplayer will be good.

I don't know about the single player though. Will it be little more than mp against bots?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't know about the single player though. Will it be little more than mp against bots?

The MP and the SP are the same, you play through the campaign like in D2, your buddies will be bots(I guess) unless some of your friends jump in and take control of them.

That's how I understood it.

The MP and the SP are the same, you play through the campaign like in D2, your buddies will be bots(I guess) unless some of your friends jump in and take control of them.

That's how I understood it.

Yes, I really should have said will sp be little more than mp with bots. Rather than against, since the mp focus appears to be coop play.

The question is to me: is the gameplay focus on coop combat gunplay or is there something to the game beyond that.

In any case, the game clearly has style.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i've really got my fingers crossed for this one. it could be very cool and fun. or it could blow chunks. i want it to be good .... i need more offline coop shooters, gears of war kinda sucks.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone managed to get a copy of Borderlands early and is streaming on Justin.tv. The also have Mikey Neumann (from Gearbox) in the chatroom watching. I think I just heard him say he's stopping soon, but he mentioned earlier that he'd be streaming every night at 8pm from now until release.

Edited by Deraldin