Borderlands

Purkake

Haha it's $45 dollars. You got boned. God I'm glad there's no regional Australian pricing on Steam.

So you're paying 309 SEK and I am expected to pay 463 SEK.. for the exact same game?

**** that. I'll stick to my retail copy for 378 SEK and be lonely ;(

I'm saving even more money by SIMPLY NOT GETTING IT.

I have no idea why, but for some reason this game absolutely no interest whatsoever to me. Everything I've seen so far points to much hype about nothing, what am I missing?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You're missing the point of NOT POSTING IN THREADS FOR GAMES OF NO INTEREST TO YOU.

Maybe I AM. But my question was an honest one.

But my question was an honest one.

No, it wasn't. It was a poorly disguised attempt at pretending to ask an innocuous question, luring someone in to try to convince you how good this game looks so you can start raving about how bad it will be, how it will be Borderlands in name only, how stupid people are for not replaying Planescape: Torment for the billionth time instead, how you just don't get how people can like Diablo-ish games because they are so beneath you (and throw in whining about achievements while you're at it) and being the angry internet nerd that you want to be.

Anyhow, I think we should form up groups for those four packs! I want in! Beats the hell out of paying Swedish prices, that's for sure (went to a local retailer, they wanted 499 SEK for it).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, it wasn't. It was a poorly disguised attempt at pretending to ask an innocuous question, luring someone in to try to convince you how good this game looks so you can start raving about how bad it will be, how it will be Borderlands in name only, how stupid people are for not replaying Planescape: Torment for the billionth time instead, how you just don't get how people can like Diablo-ish games because they are so beneath you (and throw in whining about achievements while you're at it) and being the angry internet nerd that you want to be.

To be fair, achievements are ****.

Anyhow, I think we should form up groups for those four packs! I want in! Beats the hell out of paying Swedish prices, that's for sure (went to a local retailer, they wanted 499 SEK for it).

How would you pay me if I gave you a $33 copy from a four-pack, though? I'm not too savvy with internet purchases or internet banking. Based on current exchange rates it'd be about 230 Swedish kronor.

Umm. I think you're confusing me with somebody (everybody?) else here.

Since your personal attack is the best answer I've had for a reason to buy this game, I'm going to have stand by my earlier assessment that it doesn't, in fact, offer anything to a person who is not a major consumer of games. :lol:

Sure, I might have phrased my original question better, but I'm honestly not seeing anything meriting the hype in this game - and that's not common.

Edited by Nepenthe

How would you pay me if I gave you a $33 copy from a four-pack, though? I'm not too savvy with internet purchases or internet banking. Based on current exchange rates it'd be about 230 Swedish kronor.

Paypal would be the easiest way. You can deposit the money you transfer via paypal to your regular bank account. There's a fee (1 euro, probably $1) for transfers under 100 euros.

Just make sure you don't mention that you're basically circumventing taxes, they probably won't like that.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Well, I have a Paypal account. I am guessing that would be the easiest option. But I wonder if it works to give a game from one region to another? What if the gifts are only applicable within your own region? I'm trying to read up on it, but there's not much info to be had at Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=4502-TPJL-2656

---

Oh, and they want 1400 SEK for the four pack in my Steam! That's hilariously expensive.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why don't people ever consider the benefits of getting a game on Steam, it's not all doom and gloom, you know.

O RLY? :lol:

Steam is a horrible system compared to having a retail copy - even a retail copy with DRM.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Why don't people ever consider the benefits of getting a game on Steam, it's not all doom and gloom, you know.

Steam is a horrible system compared to having a retail copy - even a retail copy with DRM.

You have boxed copies of Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor though right?

You have boxed copies of Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor though right?

Yes, actually I do have boxed copies of most of my Steam games - although, again, I think the boxed copy is better than a "pure" Steam copy as you can re-install faster with the disc than without one. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just curious though, aren't you still supporting the DRM that you don't really care for? Or are the disc copies stripped of some?

The one thing I really like about Steam is I can easily d/l and play my games at work during lunch :lol:

It's the opposite. If you're going to have ****ty DRM it may as well be a reliable Steam game. I refuse to buy any game with Securom activations.

And for any Valve game, Steam is the superior option, because it costs less, and the retail versions all run through Steam anyway. I'm very wary about buying a non-Valve game on Steam though.

Edited by Krezack

Just curious though, aren't you still supporting the DRM that you don't really care for?

Yes, although that is mainly because of the fact that there is not a legal non-Steam copy... Ok, maybe I have a few more games from Steam due to sales -66, 68, something like that- but that doesn't mean I like it! :lol:

Or are the disc copies stripped of some?

Nope. :)

-Hurlshot