Borderlands

Purkake

Just 1000G'd this fantastic piece of game. Funnily enough, I've not encountered a single glitch. The end boss is quite disappointing, especially considering how easy it is to kill via one of FPS gaming's maxims, but it's great fun nonetheless. Roll on DLC.

I think it's disgusting that we have to pay for the DLC, especially considering it's $10 and was finished and ready for release before the game had even come out. 10 ****ing dollars.

Where did you see that it's ready? I haven't seen any such thing, just that it's in the works and will be coming "soon".

I've read somewhere that it'll be a day one (or zero) DLC.

I've yet to see this information, but considering the game is already out (in NA at least) it's missed the Day One window. The closest I've been able to find has been "before the end of the year".

Edited by Deraldin

ive got a level 13 hunter and level 20 soldier, i'm liking the hunter a lot more so far. he's just more fun for me. plus i found a kickass 240 health 40 recharge shield on level 7 that also gives health recovery...

probably my best low-level drop so far

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've yet to see this information, but considering the game is already out (in NA at least) it's missed the Day One window. The closest I've been able to find has been "before the end of the year".
Seems I remembered it wrong, but dunno where others got the same idea.

I don't like buying things online, digital or otherwise, because I'm an old fart who can't get with the online-shopping times or something. The day I can't buy games, hardware, etc off a shelf is the day we'll suddenly have lots of excess cash and we'll be off frolicking in the Caribbean all the time instead. :lol: Probably won't be too long now...

...on another topic...what gets censored when they censor, anyway? Just the violent graphics or something? If a game seems good enough, I'm not sure that would stop me. If the gameplay itself was somehow radically different, that would be something else, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...on another topic...what gets censored when they censor, anyway? Just the violent graphics or something? If a game seems good enough, I'm not sure that would stop me. If the gameplay itself was somehow radically different, that would be something else, tho.

For example in the German version of Team Fortress 2, when you shoot someone it uses the metal texture effects for people eg. they gets dents instead of little blood splatter when you hit them. They also don't blow up in bloody chunks when shot with an explosive, but explode into random objects like springs, balloons, gears etc.

The gameplay is the same.

Edited by Purkake

I don't like buying things online, digital or otherwise, because I'm an old fart who can't get with the online-shopping times or something. The day I can't buy games, hardware, etc off a shelf is the day we'll suddenly have lots of excess cash and we'll be off frolicking in the Caribbean all the time instead.

I used to be like you too. You'll change :)

man.... id be laughing too hard to play the german version... people exploding into balloons = me laughing till pass out

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

For example in the German version of Team Fortress 2, when you shoot someone it uses the metal texture effects for people eg. they gets dents instead of little blood splatter when you hit them. They also don't blow up in bloody chunks when shot with an explosive, but explode into random objects like springs, balloons, gears etc.

K...so any objection is usually about principle? I can understand that...but still wouldn't personally stop me if I wanted the game bad enough. :D

I used to be like you too. You'll change :)

I tried Steam briefly when I had to use it to install Half-Life/Portal. I couldn't stand it. That was a bit ago tho and I hear they've improved a lot since then, but ... meh. I won't deny that at some point I might pick one (and only one) of the online game places, but it's unlikely it'll be any time soon, or that I'd use it very often even if I had it. :) I don't play multiplayer all that often, and am told because of that it wouldn't likely be that great for me, anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

K...so any objection is usually about principle? I can understand that...but still wouldn't personally stop me if I wanted the game bad enough. :D

Nah, most Germans just import it from Austria or the Netherlands. It's probably more of a "why are we getting a crappier version" thing.

They have also had to change the blood from red to green in a bunch of games, because killing "zombies" is ok, but real people are a big no-no.

Zombies are people too :)

kinda dumb.. remember when everyone was getting crazy over the blood in mortal kombat?

as if it were a big shocker, read the title.

im wondering how much of a difference it makes.. the idea is that youre still killing things; zombies, aliens, robots and not people.. i would imagine most people see them all as the same: video game badguys

Edited by Drd_ur_lkng_4

speaking of borderlands,

I for one am hoping the dlc has a LOT of content since it appears to cost 10 dollars... I hope the new area has lots to see and do, AND the main game gets some sort of extra features as well. I'd like it if it added a pile of new weapons and even a new character class (yeah right).

if they do another dlc i'd like a new class and more monster types to be sprinkled into the main areas (plus a new area and more quests).

my biggest grip with borderlands so far is that the mobs come in only a handful of types (each type has multiple flavors... but still, i want more types)

man.... id be laughing too hard to play the german version... people exploding into balloons = me laughing till pass out

I agree. :)

A game playing like that would be really funny...

speaking of borderlands,

I for one am hoping the dlc has a LOT of content since it appears to cost 10 dollars... I hope the new area has lots to see and do, AND the main game gets some sort of extra features as well. I'd like it if it added a pile of new weapons and even a new character class (yeah right).

if they do another dlc i'd like a new class and more monster types to be sprinkled into the main areas (plus a new area and more quests).

my biggest grip with borderlands so far is that the mobs come in only a handful of types (each type has multiple flavors... but still, i want more types)

Most DLC costs $10 regardless of it's actual content.

speaking of borderlands,

Since when? 2007? That's something foreign to PC gaming which seems to have been invtented by consoles.

Instead of full game expansions these days we get crappy rip-off DLCs.

i didnt know that,

the only dlc i've ever bought was broken steel and point lookout. i assumed those were ten dollars because they were each about 1/3 the material of a normal expansion pack.

i did buy the oblivion stuff, but i bought it with shivering isles and knights of the nine or whatever, it came with a bunch of it on disc for 20$ or something i dont really remember, but i dont consider that dlc because it was packaged like an expansion pack

To krezack: i didnt feel ripped off for point lookout or broken steel. if point lookout had been released as a 30$ expansion pack i would have felt ripped off, but 1/3 the content for 1/3 the price felt ok to me.

Edited by entrerix

Since when? 2007? That's something foreign to PC gaming which seems to have been invtented by consoles.

Instead of full game expansions these days we get crappy rip-off DLCs.

What does your dislike of DLC have to do with its cost?

It costs $10 since people are apparently paying that much for it.

Edited by Purkake

It costs $10 since people are apparently paying that much for it.

And people pay that much for it because it's marked $10. It goes both ways, so there's not really a point here.

On topic - I haven't really been intrigued by Borderlands, the graphics don't appeal to me that much and the fun seems to be in co-op / multiplayer, which my crappy internet can't afford to do (you *can* MP on PC, right? There is a PC version, right...?). Got to fix that before Diablo 3 though.

On topic - I haven't really been intrigued by Borderlands, the graphics don't appeal to me that much

I don't get why they went with that art style, I'm not a fan of it. It's probably the main reason why I won't get it.

IMO they decided silliness ups the fun factor, as in Serious Sam and Co. Which in Borderlands case is probably true.

On topic - I haven't really been intrigued by Borderlands, the graphics don't appeal to me that much

I don't get why they went with that art style, I'm not a fan of it. It's probably the main reason why I won't get it.

i LOVE the art style, its the main reason i got the game.

It caught my eye because it looked fun and unique, then when i learned it was a diablo style shooter with offline splitscreen coop, my fate was sealed.

you probably hated windwaker too...

Edited by entrerix

Just got home from buying it, installing now. Assuming I like Borderlands, between it & Torchlight, I'm all set for the winter. :D