Dragon Age

Gorth

I think I'll just pre-order a hard copy. I'll install it the minute I get it and hunt out a bug ASAP so I can carp at Alan about it. hehehe

That sounds like fun! Do you mind if I join you? I hadn't actually thought about that aspect of purchasing this game. Woo! :grin:

Also, tin case? Are we talking official steelbook or one of the cheaper knock offs? If it's a real steelbook then I'm definitely picking up the CE. You hear that Obsidian! Steelbook = sale! Now where is my Alpha Protocol steelbook announcement huh? :lol:

Edited by Deraldin

The Dragon Age CE was announced at gamestop link

Interesting features:

Tin Case

Bonus DVD including:

-- A making of documentary

-- Soundtrack

-- Trailers

-- Wallpaper

-- Concept art video

-- Strategy tips.

Cloth Map

3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:

-- Bergens Honor

-- Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes

-- Final Reason

Additional In Game Content

-- "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale

An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2

-- Get an exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2

Normally I tend to not bother with CE, but since this has the soundtrack (hopefully containing the old websites Origin music) and Shale DLC, I will pick it up. Assuming Aussies don't get shafted and get the lite version sent out here.

Also its now know that Inon Zur is the composer of DA:O.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I think I'll just pre-order a hard copy. I'll install it the minute I get it and hunt out a bug ASAP so I can carp at Alan about it. hehehe

That sounds like fun! Do you mind if I join you? I hadn't actually thought about that aspect of purchasing this game. Woo! :grin:

Also, tin case? Are we talking official steelbook or one of the cheaper knock offs? If it's a real steelbook then I'm definitely picking up the CE. You hear that Obsidian! Steelbook = sale! Now where is my Alpha Protocol steelbook announcement huh? :lol:

Wait -- you're supposed to PLAY a game before complaining about it online? That can't be right.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Oh, I don't know. I remember some collector's edition stuff in one of the BG games, I think. Nothing I couldn't live without. I am more intrigued by in game content, though. Hell, you never know. I might break down and preorder. I mean, if the game is normally $59, then you make a good argument by pointing out it's only $64.99. Five bucks? *shrug* Why not, I guess?

That sounds like fun! Do you mind if I join you? I hadn't actually thought about that aspect of purchasing this game. Woo! :thumbsup:

Also, tin case? Are we talking official steelbook or one of the cheaper knock offs? If it's a real steelbook then I'm definitely picking up the CE. You hear that Obsidian! Steelbook = sale! Now where is my Alpha Protocol steelbook announcement huh? :bat:

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!!

I reported it >.>

^ Huh? It will quite legitimately be on the internet apres-release anyway.

Strangely, it's the shiny toys and trinkets that draw me to collector's editions. In-game stuff will (a) be released for free and (b) surpassed by fan-created content.

How long do people think it will take for the first half-decent, meaningful* mod to be released? I reckon 24 hours.

Cheers

MC

* Not like 'this is a lovely hat for CHARNAME'

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ Huh? It will quite legitimately be on the internet apres-release anyway.

Strangely, it's the shiny toys and trinkets that draw me to collector's editions. In-game stuff will (a) be released for free and (b) surpassed by fan-created content.

How long do people think it will take for the first half-decent, meaningful* mod to be released? I reckon 24 hours.

Cheers

MC

* Not like 'this is a lovely hat for CHARNAME'

That very well may be but if the CE has content that's worth the extra $20, I'm going to pick it up.

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what the heck the plans are for releasing content or the collectors edition, etc.

What I will say, is that adding items in game to the collectors edition only to have them released for free online would seem, strange. I imagine there'd be a delay on it at the very least? Otherwise what's the point of including it in a collector's edition?

What I will say, is that adding items in game to the collectors edition only to have them released for free online would seem, strange. I imagine there'd be a delay on it at the very least? Otherwise what's the point of including it in a collector's edition?

I think you misunderstood MC. He means players will release the extra items to the internet for download almost immediately, much like the "bonus merchants" from BG2.

What about the rumored Bioware Edition? Do we get a nakey Morrigan puppet, or even better, a stuffed dwarf with it?

The Collector's Edition hasn't officially been announced yet.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What about the rumored Bioware Edition? Do we get a nakey Morrigan puppet, or even better, a stuffed dwarf with it?

This isn't the Collector's Edition?

LINK

This isn't the Collector's Edition?

LINK

Maria was saying that Bioware/EA haven't sent out a press release officially confirming the details of the Collector's Edition.

Edited by Deraldin

I was unclear, sorry.

While Gamestop has information on the Collector's Edition, BioWare hasn't announced anything yet. Some fans are speculating that there's also a BioWare Edition in the works. If there is one, we'll probably hear about it when they make their offical announcement.