Dragon Age

Gorth

*Quote: "The game is massive. I think it's our biggest game to date..." Mike Laidlaw (lead designer)

All I can say is... Wow.

A quick note. David Gaider has said that it's their biggest game other than BG II. I

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Personally, NPC slot number one is going to the mutt in my party, he's right up my street. All I need then is a comedy demi-human rogue and somebody to chuck the occasional fireball about.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Is it possible to have a dog, a donkey and a rooster as NPCs? If a mage can shapeshift into a cat, I then can roleplay as one of the Bremen town musicians.

Nope, since you can only get a dog as being in your party. You could play him a musical tune, maybe? Dogs like to party, you know :huh:

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Personally, NPC slot number one is going to the mutt in my party, he's right up my street. All I need then is a comedy demi-human rogue and somebody to chuck the occasional fireball about.

Cheers

MC

Did the article mention the Dog has a party buff where he urinates?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

^ Sadly not, but one of the doctors mentioned that the dress-up-dolly gift items for the sims NPCs includes bones for the mutt. Honestly.

Good doggy.

Remember in Dungeon Siege 2 your summons gained stats based on what you fed them? How cool would it be in DA?

-Kr

Per Chris Priestly:

As for "painting them your own colors", you actually do have a choice in this. There is a special "paint" called kaddis which is used by Mabari handlers to help identify allies from enemies in battle. The different sorts of kaddis that you use have different benefits for the Mabari while in battle (give attack bonuses, defenses, etc). Each of these different kaddis "paints" will be shown as a different pattern on Mabari hounds.

and further down:

You will be able to change kaddis when you want (so not just back at camp).

EDIT: From this monster thread.

Edited by Gfted1

Bio Dudes (or any game company) should only hire people that played their games. I'm old fashioned about that, just ignore it.

Well, I have played Baldur's Gate and expansion, Baldur's Gate 2 and expansion, MDK 2, NWN with HOTU, KOTOR, and Mass Effect.

At the same time, some "fresh" perspective is never a bad thing either.

Per Chris Priestly:

As for "painting them your own colors", you actually do have a choice in this. There is a special "paint" called kaddis which is used by Mabari handlers to help identify allies from enemies in battle. The different sorts of kaddis that you use have different benefits for the Mabari while in battle (give attack bonuses, defenses, etc). Each of these different kaddis "paints" will be shown as a different pattern on Mabari hounds.

and further down:

You will be able to change kaddis when you want (so not just back at camp).

EDIT: From this monster thread.

It's essentially an inventory item.

I liked Black Whirlwind. He was inspired from one of the 108 heroes of the marsh named Li Kui, who coincidentally also had the nickname, 'The Black Whirlwind', wielded twin axes and had a history of killing people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Kui_%28Water_Margin%29

I didn't know that!

Actually, I liked JE. I didn't buy it for over a year after the PC release because I figured it was one of those ring-fighting games. Someone said it was kind of a fun romp, and sure enough it was. It was colorful, humorous, with a "twist" you could figure out in the first five minutes, but dang. It's a game I replay when I just want some lighthearted fun. I even like the flyer mini-game! I didn't disappoint me because I had no pre-conceived expectations, and accepted it for what it was. Not every game has to be a dark, deep story-driven tome. Or perhaps I'm simply easier amused. :)

* The schools of Magic are Primal, Spirit, Creation and Entropy.

We're to harness the mystical power of the laws of thermodynamics?

I was thinking that too.

Maybe manipulation of temperature, pressure and volume of air? One could pull pretty nasty tricks with that kind of magic :*

Think of "That makes my blood boil!" in a literal sense.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy