What are you playing now?

Gorth

I was going to congratulate alanschu, but clearly his job is now in jeopardy since Mamoulian War tricked him into revealing his secret agenda. Better luck next time!

That avatar looks familiar.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I was going to congratulate alanschu, but clearly his job is now in jeopardy since Mamoulian War tricked him into revealing his secret agenda. Better luck next time!

That avatar looks familiar.

I stole it from Morgoth, who recently posted a larger version.

Blasting my way through Ulduar. Am currently the 8th best geared tank on the server.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Somewhere on the board is a post about the horrors I experienced with the mouse control on Dead Space. It was maddening at the time, but thinking back, it's damn funny.

You DID know that turning V-Sync off makes it pretty ok, right?

(The game was still a borefest, though...)

Edited by Purkake

Somewhere on the board is a post about the horrors I experienced with the mouse control on Dead Space. It was maddening at the time, but thinking back, it's damn funny.

Turning off V-Sync did indeed solve the problem with the mouse, but at least on my system it turned on the horrible, horrible screen tearing.

Turning off V-Sync did indeed solve the problem with the mouse, but at least on my system it turned on the horrible, horrible screen tearing.

Funny that, I always turn it off and never get any tearing. What causes it anyway?

Funny that, I always turn it off and never get any tearing. What causes it anyway?

i never experienced it aswell, but if i am correct it can happen if you have very powerful machine and you get ****loads of FPS (200+) on your 60Mhz LCD... Dont hit me if i am wrong :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Blasting my way through Ulduar. Am currently the 8th best geared tank on the server.

nix that *checks* 3rd overall alliance side... *freaks out*

i never experienced it aswell, but if i am correct it can happen if you have very powerful machine and you get ****loads of FPS (200+) on your 60Mhz LCD... Dont hit me if i am wrong :p

It's basically the screen is half way through being drawn when its displayed, the screen shows 60 frames per second, v-sync locks this, essencially slowing the rendering.

Technically anything over 60fps on a 60hz monitor will lead to tearing.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I tried that advice, disabled v-sync and now I actually feel like I am in control of my mouse pointer. Weird :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

He said it was how he pictured me. You'd just trying to steal some of that awesome Maria mojo.

I loved the game. I just haven't been able to finish it because it's too scary. (Yes, I know :) )

I didn't know about v-sync until I did know. That makes my experience no less maddening or funny.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If you have an Nvidia card, you can force V-sync from it's Control Panel and everything is fine again. 60 FPS, while the game v-sync setting locks it at 30.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Playing some Assassin's Creed. Got it when it was cheap from Steam.

Same impressions as most people. Great atmosphere and parkour gameplay. Too much repetition and same old thing again and again. Also whats the point of gathering all that assassination info if the assassination sequence only starts when you are standing in one exact spot that the game wants you to. Why can't you sneak in somewhere where you can get the jump on someone?

I did enjoy the combat as it offered enough options to keep things interesting.

Story was ok, but I guess anyone could see where the game was going, so nothing special.

Overall a good game, but I hope Assassin's Creed 2 makes a lot of improvements.

He said it was how he pictured me. You'd just trying to steal some of that awesome Maria mojo.

I wanna be just like you, I wanna be just the same, I wanna know all your moves, and play all your games.

I wanna be just like you, I wanna be just the same, I wanna know all your moves, and play all your games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP3BYCfTrHg

Playing some Assassin's Creed. Got it when it was cheap from Steam.

Same impressions as most people. Great atmosphere and parkour gameplay. Too much repetition and same old thing again and again. Also whats the point of gathering all that assassination info if the assassination sequence only starts when you are standing in one exact spot that the game wants you to. Why can't you sneak in somewhere where you can get the jump on someone?

I did enjoy the combat as it offered enough options to keep things interesting.

Story was ok, but I guess anyone could see where the game was going, so nothing special.

Overall a good game, but I hope Assassin's Creed 2 makes a lot of improvements.

well from previews AC2 looks like it's going to be SIGNIFICANTLY improved over it's predecessor.

Still playing Dead Space. Keep hitting my head against a wall here... or rather an asteroid. Nasty asteroid. I get my butt handed to me :(

In my defence, it is a very BIG asteroid :ermm:

I managed once to get past the moving metal rings without getting split into an upper Gorth and a lower Gorth, just to die once I got outside. A group of necromorphs ganged up on me and turned it into an exciting contest to see who killed me first, physically inflicted damage or asphyxiation (sp?)

Looks like I am in for a lot of reloads :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still playing Dead Space. Keep hitting my head against a wall here... or rather an asteroid. Nasty asteroid. I get my butt handed to me :(

In my defence, it is a very BIG asteroid :ermm:

I managed once to get past the moving metal rings without getting split into an upper Gorth and a lower Gorth, just to die once I got outside. A group of necromorphs ganged up on me and turned it into an exciting contest to see who killed me first, physically inflicted damage or asphyxiation (sp?)

Looks like I am in for a lot of reloads :shifty:

You have to do that part differently IIRC. Something about having to jump outside the ship and not straight onto the asteroid or something, it's really confusing. There's no way you can jump on it from inside the ship, plant the beacon and get off.

Also Dead Space get really repetitive after about half-way though.

Of course it gets repetitive, you're revisiting levels after all :shifty:

and that part is really easy once you figure it out. But yes, you have to survive the necromorphs on the outside and the plant the beacon and do that other thing you must do. And i only remember 2 or 3, that can be easily dispatched.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Of course it gets repetitive, you're revisiting levels after all :shifty:

and that part is really easy once you figure it out. But yes, you have to survive the necromorphs on the outside and the plant the beacon and do that other thing you must do. And i only remember 2 or 3, that can be easily dispatched.

The levels are OK, the "oh noes, the doors lock and necromorphs come out" part got really repetitive. Also there are like 4 different types of enemies with "tougher" versions that look like they got dipped in hot chocolate. After a while just chopping limbs off gets super boring.