FO: NV

Oh, goodie! Another e-pissing contest. It's been too long since any FO3-related thread turned into one.

not quite, pal. i'm not debating anything with you.
Aren't you? Wow, then what are you posting replies to what others say for? If not debating, what are you doing, the dishes?

i asked you a question to which you gave a half-hearted response which barely qualifies your earlier statement.
What question is that, the one about me making assumptions based on some picture you posted in a different thread, or the one about me being 3?

Heh, do you really think either of those warrant an answer? I couldn't care less what you look like bub. In fact, I hadn't thought of that pic until now. You could be a German Shepherd for all I care. Chances are you'd put up more of a fight, too.

But here you go, a pic of mine, just so we are on even footing. Feel free to assume what you will.

and let's be clear here, which arguments of mine are you speaking of?
The ones you haven't made regarding your statement that "FO3 is inherently inferior in every department". I suggest you familiarise yourself with the meaning of the words you throw around to look important.

because it's been quite some time since i've posted anything serious on the subject though when i have they were clear and concise points. i'd be surprised if you weren't simply puffing out your internet-chest and talking out of your ass.
Yeah, after all, it's just so much effort to express the reasons behind one's bull****. And certainly, we SHOULD know by now what those reasons are. It's none other than TwinkieGorilla we're talking about, here!

ah yes, indeed. you sir have won the internet!
And then some. Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Aren't you? Wow, then what are you posting replies to what others say for? If not debating, what are you doing, the dishes?

what.

What question is that, the one about me making assumptions based on some picture you posted in a different thread, or the one about me being 3?

what. no, the one where i questioned what grounds you had to make such a judgment call on my character.

Heh, do you really think either of those warrant an answer? I couldn't care less what you look like bub. In fact, I hadn't thought of that pic until now. You could be a German Shepherd for all I care. Chances are you'd put up more of a fight, too. But here you go, a pic of mine, just so we are on even footing. Feel free to assume what you will.

what.

The ones you haven't made regarding your statement that "FO3 is inherently inferior in every department". I suggest you familiarise yourself with the meaning of the words you throw around to look important.

what. i was riffing off your comment, sarcastically. nothing more, nothing less. you do know what riffing is, yes?

Yeah, after all, it's just so much effort to express the reasons behind one's bull****. And certainly, we SHOULD know by now what those reasons are. It's none other than TwinkieGorilla we're talking about, here!

what. no really, what.

And then some.

as long as you're happy with yourself at the end of the day. s'all that matters.

what.
what.
what.
what.
what.
I bow to your superior rhetoric, sir. I'm sure you leave all the girls gasping at the sheer wit of your sharp rebuttals.

the one where i questioned what grounds you had to make such a judgment call on my character.
The thing is, I didn't - YOU assumed I had. I was commenting on your poorly supported opinion which, funny, is apparently now a "sarcastic riff".

what. i was riffing off your comment, sarcastically. nothing more, nothing less. you do know what riffing is, yes?
I do. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case with you and "sarcasm".

as long as you're happy with yourself at the end of the day. s'all that matters.
I'm getting there, with your help.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

yep gonna have to split this one up to give my opinion on each individual element so that our stupid pissfight takes up as much vertical space as possible

NO

um, yes more like

U

no, how about you?

quote, rebuke, post, quote, rebuke, post

yeah, uh...while that may be true it's not like i haven't, in detail, listed my reasons. so playing the "what you're saying is crazy!" card with me doesn't quite cut it.

And you got mad at me for putting words in your mouth.

Tsk tsk.

It's none other than TwinkieGorilla we're talking about, here

Who?

me. i mean, i guess.

also, no i didn't get mad. this is...like, just my style, man. also i have no idea what you're talking about. also, only thing in this whole thread which rubbed me was the faux-ad hominem directed at me out of nowhere a few pages back.

Good things come to the patient.

goddamn furry hippie. things are coming regardless of patience or the lack thereof. whether they are "good" is yet to be determined and the most likely cause of all this misdirected member-personality attacking.

attention: to the sometimes overly sensitive mods, Mikael and i are buddies from the Fallout community "The Order" no need to put me on mod status or send me a PM for flaming him. this is how we love each other. this is how we do. this. this. this.

Though I appreciate the 'love in,' perhaps we could ensure that it conforms to the expectations here, and that way none of those of us who have to do stuff (the Mod Squad *cue 70s soundtrack), in fact have to do stuff. Yes we're lazy, but sometimes the Guildmaster wants us to do stuff ... really very boring ... is the humour serving its educational purpose?

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

• 4 weeks later...

From JE's livejournal (the relevent F:NV stuff):

At work, we have been playing around with various Fallout 3 mods for the PC. I and several other folks have been using a "heal over time" mod that makes stimpak/food/water healing trickle in over several seconds instead of being instantaneous. It really changes the nature of combat; you can't just rush into a mob of three guys with combat shotguns and expect to come out in one piece. You have to heal earlier rather than later, you often have to fall back behind cover rather than sprinting out in the open. Some of the other devs really didn't like it. Part of it was undoubtedly that Fallout 3's combat rewarded charging in and healing late and these mods completely shift away from that paradigm, but I also detected a familiar attitude: "I shouldn't have to be careful. I shouldn't have to retreat."

I also liked the Heal over time mod. Nice.

"I shouldn't have to be careful. I shouldn't have to retreat."

Without speculating like crazy, this attitude just makes me a bit sad. I don't see the fun in being able to rush every damn encounter, where's the challenge? Where's the dynamics? The memorable "oh crap, I barely made it out of this encounter alive" stories?

I mean yeah, I did have one or two dangerous experiences in Fallout 3 (finding deathclaws early on) but it was rare that I actually had to activate my brain.

Turning the combat into a much more run and gun experience was one of the things that seemed to take away so much *danger* from the Wasteland compared to the other two games.

EDIT: Moreso, the ability go into the inventory with no penalty whenver you wanted, and spam stimpaks... That was meh.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I don't really like the heal over time mods myself. I mean the whole point is that they're a quick fix when you need it most, right?

I'd prefer it if stimpacks were just much harder to come by. Oh, and they don't cure crippled limbs. (Neither does sleeping for christ's sake)

I don't really like the heal over time mods myself. I mean the whole point is that they're a quick fix when you need it most, right?

I'd prefer it if stimpacks were just much harder to come by. Oh, and they don't cure crippled limbs. (Neither does sleeping for christ's sake)

Maybe an AP pentalty for using them (Though I guess without Run & Gun AP expenditure that wouldn't matter much...)

I'd prefer it if stimpacks were just much harder to come by.

I agree that this was a problem in FO3 (and 1 and 2 for that matter) but it is a hard thing to balance. A better solution would be to simply limit the number of stimpacks a player can carry, that way everyone is playing in rougly the same ballpark. Players who spend points on doctor can get more use out of their limited supply than someone who doesn't.

That being said I think X/time approach to healing is better than an instant fix.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.