Akinator

Purkake

Beh, this one sucks. Apparantly he has no idea on who Chris Avellone is.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Apparantly not that much of a sucker, he actually guessed right on the base-player/singer in Morbid Angel! :*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that thing.

It asks fifteen completely irrelevant questions which I can all answer no. And then, suddenly:

"Has your character been on the Moon?"

My character was Neil Armstrong, and needless to say, it had figured it out by question 18. How did it know to ask that?

I hate that thing.

It asks fifteen completely irrelevant questions which I can all answer no. And then, suddenly:

"Has your character been on the Moon?"

My character was Neil Armstrong, and needless to say, it had figured it out by question 18. How did it know to ask that?

You're just mad that a machine beat you.

It's playing mind games I'm telling you! Soon it will become self-aware and try to take over the world.

Once again, Akinator's knowledge of 1940s era Comic Book characters comes up sorely lacking (beat it twice more).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I guess it's some kind of neural network, not logical conclusion, so it can ask once "is it female" and then some time later "is it not male" even if the first question was answered with yes. What I mean is there could be a weak connection from animal to Gollum because some answered "maybe", or no connection is not equivalent to an answer "no" but could stem from the fact that the question was never asked before when people thought of gollum, so Akinator cannot rule out Gollum even if you answered the question with "yes".

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 1 year later...

It got Bobby Blitz in 30 questions, but it failed to guess John Arch.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I just wasted an hour with that but it was fun.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Holy ****ing ****. It got Conrad Verner and Lord Zetta. Epic win.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It didn't get Quincy Morris or Arthur Holmwood.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Got Nameless One after 20, Arsene Wenger very quickly, Michel Foucault fairly quickly. When it does poorly it's probably because of a lack of information on that person or similar people.

It can probably only learn new persons by failing and then add the information collected about the name to the database.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It can probably only learn new persons by failing and then add the information collected about the name to the database.

Truly you have glimpsed behind the curtain and revealed the shocking truth the whole world. Akinator has finally been outed as the fraud he is.

:-

Edited by Purkake

Truly you have glimpsed behind the curtain and revealed the shocking truth the whole world. Akinator has finally been outed as the fraud he is.

:p

He sure aint no Octopus :p

It's just that it reminded me of Neural Networks from Artificial Intelligence class, way back in time during my university years :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein