Obsidian Future Game Rumors on the net

One_Hot_Chick

I don't disparage the fantasy genre as much as some others here, but I far prefer sci-fi to high fantasy. Going from Aliens to another "Tolkien with a twist" game would be quite a step down, in my opinion.

I was really looking forward to Aliens :I

Same here. I'm not into fantasy at all but at the same time I love RPGs so for someone like me there's not much to choose from. That's why I'm highly anticipating Alpha Protocol and after seeing Aliens concept arts (just recently), even though I'm no a big fan of the franchise, I got really ecited about that one too.

Steampunk doesn't necessarily mean it has to involve magic rite?

Ditto. It could be more of a science-fiction steampunk rather than fantasy influenced. Definitely would be something fresh.

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

No, it's the Victorian version of Cyberpunk. Arcanum is the Victorian version of Shadowrun.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

No, it's the Victorian version of Cyberpunk. Arcanum is the Victorian version of Shadowrun.

Anything Victorian sucks.

I'm sure Victoria will be offended at your statements.

:lol:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

SUPREMELY DAPPER MOUSTACHE

Your facial hair is well kept to such a degree that it seems to radiate charm and grace. You gain a +2 charisma bonus to all Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Bluff checks.

Prereqs: Must have at least 10 sentences on your character sheet describing your facial hair

BLADED MOUSTACHE

Your facial hair is well refined; enough to hide several hidden razor blades within it. You may use your facial hair as a natural weapon that deals damage according to size (ie. Chaplin: 1d4, Standard Lip Caterpillar: 1d6, Standard + VanDyke: 2d4, Handlebar: 1d6+2, Mutton Chops: 1d8, Full Beard: 1d10, Rutherford B. Hayes: 2d6, Van Winkle: 4d4. Intermidiate sizes and variations are at the DM's discretion.) Your facial hair requires half an hour of grooming per day to maintain its sharpness. Failure to do so causes the loss of this attack until you are properly barbered.

Prereqs: Supremely Dapper Moustache

SCOFFMASTER

Dark, bloody and ardurous training has enabled you to wield the art of scorn. You easily drive your opponents to senseless fury, with your short bursts of vocalised contempt, with effective cheek gymnastics and eyebrow curling.

Gain +6 to taunt checks, but only if the opponent(s) is within fifty feet and within line of sight of your face. This bonus lowers to +3 you are using a language that the target(s) is not proficient in.

You may increase this bonus to +8 if you elect to and successfully hit the target with an unarmed strike(slap) immediately after the taunt action.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Hmmm. No. Look up the old 2000AD comic book story Nemesis The Warlock, where a race of aliens is heavily influenced, cargo cult style, by media images of Victoriana and Empire. It's a treat and it might even change your mind.

Alternatively, try one of George Macdonald Fraser's Flashman novels.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Except "The black dossier", that was mostly incoherent nonsense.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Except "The black dossier", that was mostly incoherent nonsense.

Metafictionality for the win!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So is it steampunk or not?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Victorian Goth(ic) rules for the most part.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Good question. I would think Seattle would be the best place for a Shadowrun game.

I agree with Seattle being the ideal place but still curious why he mentioned LA. Nothing against it.

Off topic, how is the Archer Herald? I've heard mixed feelings regarding them.

Free games updated 3/4/21