Mass Effect 2 Teaser Trailer

neckthrough

ME is awesome. ME2 will be awesome. These are two undisputable facts no matter how much one tries to dispute them.

Also, if I were to guess, Shepard isn't dead. He's obviously faked his death or simply ASSUMED to be death.

Yes, it's all just an insurance scam to let you start the game with some extra credits and buy some of the new badass weapons. Now it all makes sense!

Can anyone remind me where exactly Shepard was at the end of the game? I remember

fighting Saren and choosing whether to shoot the cowardly politician people. Was s/he on the Citadel?

ME is awesome. ME2 will be awesome. These are two undisputable facts no matter how much one tries to dispute them.

Behold the all encompassing power of the hivemind.

This isn't NeoGAF, dude. Everyone hates something that most other people like, just look at all the Planescape: Torment haters a while ago.

Edited by Purkake

EA seem to want Bioware to build hype on 3 games at the same time. Then again, SWTOR is being build by Bioware Austin and Dragon Age might be ready soon. Teaser didn't give much info but I bet we'll see more in near future. There's at least lecture by Bioware's Corey Andruko (Project Manager) and Dusty Everman (Lead Technical Designer) at the Game Developers Conference. It's called The Iterative Level Design Process of Bioware's MASS EFFECT 2. Go check it out if you managed to con your boss to get tickets :lol:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

"Behold the all encompassing power of the hivemind. "

Agreeing with the majority doens't make one part of the 'hivemind' - just like being a minority makes you correct.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Its just because all you do is repeat the same statements over and over to try and convince people you're right, Volourn.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Behold the all encompassing power of the hivemind. "

Agreeing with the majority doens't make one part of the 'hivemind' - just like being a minority makes you correct.

Saying that something is indisputable just because the majority agrees with it is hivemind like. You can have whatever opinion you want, but if you're going to claim some point of view is unassailable you should have a defense other than "the majority says so".

But I am pleased you agree that I am correct. :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Saying that something is indisputable just because the majority agrees with it is hivemind like. You can have whatever opinion you want, but if you're going to claim some point of view is unassailable you should have a defense other than "the majority says so"."

Nowhere did I claim that ME was awesome because the majority said so. I would like ME if nobody else liked it.

"Its just because all you do is repeat the same statements over and over to try and convince people you're right, Volourn."

What does that have to do with being part of a hivemind? Nor am I trying to convince anyone I'm right. That be silly because this is the internet and nobody changes their mind just because someone disagrees with them.

And, it's no more repetive than anybody else. Afterall, the people who dislike ME have repeated that since its release. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

... Wait, did I just respond to one of Volourn's posts? I must be out of my mind.

So is the geth in N7 armor, or is it just a geth overlooking a dead N7 soldier?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well I'm excited about ME2. If only I could see the truth like Pidesco, then I could, er, not be excited, I guess.

You're wrong because you're a victim of hype is ultimately as meaningless as You're wrong because it's popular. A product succeeds because it does something right. That doesn't mean that everything or anything about it has to be the highest quality, it just has to have something that appeals to and pleases the consumer. If the final product has nothing the nothing the consumer wants no amount of hype or "brand management" will change that. Advertising can make people interested in something they might otherwise not know about, but it can't force them to like it.

Hey, I didn't say I wasn't excited. :lol:

... Wait, did I just respond to one of Volourn's posts? I must be out of my mind.

The geth appears to be in the armor. I read speculation that Shepard dies and his/her brain is uploaded into a geth so we can face the threat 'from the inside', or we end up with a geth companion.

Can anyone remind me where exactly Shepard was at the end of the game? I remember

fighting Saren and choosing whether to shoot the cowardly politician people. Was s/he on the Citadel?

Yes.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The geth appears to be in the armor. I read speculation that Shepard dies and his/her brain is uploaded into a geth so we can face the threat 'from the inside', or we end up with a geth companion.

Geth dog anyone? Maybe a kitten?

Geth dog anyone? Maybe a kitten?

Aww, I would play with my Geth kitten, I would feed it and I would call it Gethy. Me and Gethy would fight evil Reapers side by side in cuddly cuteness. :lol:

Edited by Purkake

Oh and Sheppard is believed to be KIA? I already see how the introduction mission (a'la Eden Prime) works out. Play as a rookie, stumble over ol' Sheppard who is believed to be dead on a desolated planet, and then get a hug (if female), a collar-grab (if male) or some hot buttsecks (if blue alien).

Anyway, Sheppard will be back again for sure.

Maybe you begin the game as a vaguely blue man waking up in a mortuary, faff around in a depressing and weird city for the whole game, only to later find out that you're Shepard suffering from amnesia? And in the end you have to have to fight the embodiment of your own penial gland?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Please don't make Shepard go amnesiac. Please, Bioware.

WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN SHEPARD IS DEAD??? **** YOU EA!!!!

/angry yelling

I severly hope we don't get this amnesia bull**** again.

Wouldn't it be cool if Shepard died from an alien STD he picked up from that blue girl? I mean, they know we all did her anyhow.

:sorcerer::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Wouldn't it be cool if Shepard died from an alien STD he picked up from that blue girl? I mean, they know we all did her anyhow.

Oh, come on! Not that old chestnut again, its so boring, trite and predictable. Totally unlike the amnesia angle, which is perhaps the largest breakthrough in game storytelling since kidnapping princesses. And unlike dying from an alien STD, which has been a staple of gaming since the C64, we have never seen a character suffering from amnesia in a game before. Just imagine the possibilities! Its amazing!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My sarcasm meter just exploded.