What you did today

Gorth

Did you hit the Lo-Fi link at the bottom?

Edit: Or ... try hitting the Options button in the r-upper corner while actually in a thread. Should have a display modes menu from there.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today I'm thinking about how no company can seem to make a self-tanner product that doesn't make my pale-for-an-Asian (but still naturally a bit tan) skin kinda orange if I apply it more than once. I read about some that supposedly won't and try them, but the reviews lie. But I haven't tried any that cost 100+ bucks, maybe that's the issue. Har.

I don't like skin cancer, so I never sit in the sun anymore, but I do like being tan. Pah. Oh well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, they do indeed have classes on that. It wasn't exactly very in depth though, so I dunno just how much the average person would really get out of it.

i see... a class on organizational theory that is, maybe, incomplete? seems... disorganized. i'd need the man 2.0 reboot for it to work anyway. you know, the man version with all the women traits in it.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

OK... this is over the top. apparently there are two flus going around this year. my wife, being a) diabetic and b) employee at a retirement home, had both flue shots. consequently she has passed through the past two months unscathed. my son, john, henceforth referred to as that little *:o&(%(!!! germ factory, has apparently caught both in the past 4 weeks. i know this because, while ii was trying to mind my own business, i managed to uncover his secret first hand. my friend robert says they bring home invisible friends, i concur. feb 12th i got the first, missed work thursday and friday then had to stay home the following monday and tuesday watching that little *)&^*&/!!! germ factory, while still sick myself. i thought it was over... john got a cough 2 weeks ago. never had any other real symptoms except some stuffiness. apparently this is the deceptive part of the 2nd flu, which manifests itself more like a cold, with a bit of a fever that that little 0(^&*^?!!! germ factory never complained about. he infected me, again. this one is horrible for adults. i started coughing last wednesday, then it got bad monday, and i was out of work, again, tuesday. worked 6 hours wednesday, but felt like dying the whole time. worked all day while dying again thursday. ditto today (oops, just sneezed). cough, and fever, with a slowly impacting collection of sinus cavities. there's actually not much in the cavities, but they are swollen shut, so i'm a mouth breather for a while. i even had to leave the pool hall early tonight. this is awful, and i wouldn't even wish it on... well, i'm sure you can think of a few names. ;) at least i'm done with the flu this year. next year i'm getting the shots. so is that little *^&*&%*(?!!! germ factory.

taks

:o

Sorry, I was off to a bad start on the new year too where germs are concerned.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

OK... this is over the top. apparently there are two flus going around this year. my wife, being a) diabetic and b) employee at a retirement home, had both flue shots. consequently she has passed through the past two months unscathed. my son, john, henceforth referred to as that little *:lol:&(%(!!! germ factory, has apparently caught both in the past 4 weeks. i know this because, while ii was trying to mind my own business, i managed to uncover his secret first hand. my friend robert says they bring home invisible friends, i concur. feb 12th i got the first, missed work thursday and friday then had to stay home the following monday and tuesday watching that little *)&^*&/!!! germ factory, while still sick myself. i thought it was over... john got a cough 2 weeks ago. never had any other real symptoms except some stuffiness. apparently this is the deceptive part of the 2nd flu, which manifests itself more like a cold, with a bit of a fever that that little 0(^&*^?!!! germ factory never complained about. he infected me, again. this one is horrible for adults. i started coughing last wednesday, then it got bad monday, and i was out of work, again, tuesday. worked 6 hours wednesday, but felt like dying the whole time. worked all day while dying again thursday. ditto today (oops, just sneezed). cough, and fever, with a slowly impacting collection of sinus cavities. there's actually not much in the cavities, but they are swollen shut, so i'm a mouth breather for a while. i even had to leave the pool hall early tonight. this is awful, and i wouldn't even wish it on... well, i'm sure you can think of a few names. :) at least i'm done with the flu this year. next year i'm getting the shots. so is that little *^&*&%*(?!!! germ factory.

taks

No worries, i was almost constantly sick the first two years of my life. Apparantly, that should be good for your immune system in the long run. For me, i have had a fever two times since the age of 4. Once when i was 16, and another time last year. I also have also only taken anti-biotics twice: in 1987 and in 2006 (a smaller eye-infection).

So once you kid gets into age, he will probably rarely, if ever, sick with the flu again.

I never have these seasonal flus. And if i do, like every 16th year or so, it is usually very vicious. The last one that i had the fever (i had it for 2 days), it left my girlfriend, my parents, my brother, my girlfriends parents, my grandparents and several of my friends bedridden for atleast a week.

Bevare of MY germs :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There's a pretty good argument from a public health perspective that the administration of flu shots in the U.S. is all wrong. We tend to focus on getting them to the elderly and infirm, who would be most likely to die if they got the bug (but whose compromised immune systems make the vaccine less likely to be effective). If we instead focused on vaccinating schoolchildren, who rarely have any long-term effects from the illness, but who are the primary hubs for transmitting it (and whose youthful immune systems take to vaccination readily), the overall effect would be far less serious.

I get far fewer colds/flus since I started using the debit card almost exclusively vs. cash.

I'm still not convinced flu shots really help that much. A little, maybe. They don't cover all strains, it's a statistical guess, and getting one doesn't mean you're immune from the flu, period.

I get far fewer colds/flus since I started using the debit card almost exclusively vs. cash.

I'm still not convinced flu shots really help that much. A little, maybe. They don't cover all strains, it's a statistical guess, and getting one doesn't mean you're immune from the flu, period.

I heard that yes, it is mainly transmitted hand to hand, rather than airborne. taks should only hug his son using a long net on the end of a pole.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't believe in vaccinations except like the serious ones you get when a baby but seriously what dumb sob thought it'd be a good idea to give a kid a shot for chicken pox so they are immune for like 10 or 15 years or w/e which is just in time for them to stop hanging out with people who get chicken pox so I can wait like 30 years when I'm near old guy and can die a horrible itchy small pox death. What a bunch of a holes. If I ever have a kid I'm slapping him with a dead raccoon and letting him eat dirt. F the medical community.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well, I just went outside and saw that one of our side neighbors cats is stuck atop the big tree in our back neighbors yard. Nothing I can do about it, but I suppose if it's still stuck a couple hours from now I'll go knock on the door and let them know. Not they can do anything about it, either. :(

neighbor-cat16.jpg

neighbor-cat17.jpg

neighbor-cat18.jpg

poor gato :'(

if you leave him up there too long the squirrels will attack him and he will be defenseless against the onslaught of gnashing teeth and squirrel hepatitis. Have you no soul lady? :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I say leave it up there. Cats aren't even cool. Dogs are way better.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Call the fire department.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't believe in vaccinations except like the serious ones you get when a baby but seriously what dumb sob thought it'd be a good idea to give a kid a shot for chicken pox so they are immune for like 10 or 15 years or w/e which is just in time for them to stop hanging out with people who get chicken pox so I can wait like 30 years when I'm near old guy and can die a horrible itchy small pox death. What a bunch of a holes. If I ever have a kid I'm slapping him with a dead raccoon and letting him eat dirt. F the medical community.

um, chicken pox and small pox are two unrelated diseases. small pox, btw, has been considered eradicated since 1979.

taks

Taks. Serious question here. Do you really think I'm that dumb? We all know I'm no physiologist but really I don't know what the difference between small pox and chicken pox are? Next thing you know I'll think the bubonic plague had something to do with chucky cheese.

Can't even get an ounce of respect around here. I thought we were pals.

After a few hours I didn't see the kitty in the tree anymore. I also haven't seen the kitty since, so I dunno if he jumped to safety or fell out of the tree in a bad way. Hopefully I'll see him hale and hearty tomorrow.

At least the palm tree underneath would likely help break a fall. :ermm:

um, chicken pox and small pox are two unrelated diseases. small pox, btw, has been considered eradicated since 1979.

taks

Officially yes. But there are very siilar diseases that have the potential to mutate. Plus there are bioweapon stocks still in existence.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After a few hours I didn't see the kitty in the tree anymore. I also haven't seen the kitty since, so I dunno if he jumped to safety or fell out of the tree in a bad way. Hopefully I'll see him hale and hearty tomorrow.

At least the palm tree underneath would likely help break a fall. :)

Um, why didn't you call the fire department to begin with?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Because the fire department has better things to do with their time, like stopping fires. They don't have time to deal with dumb cats that get themselves stuck in trees.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.