If you had to leave right now, what would you take?

Humodour

I would take the hard drives out of my computer, a suitcase of clothes, hard copies of my writing, and my copies of the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe and Robert Frost.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Why are we leaving?

Because the Islamofascists are marching towards the city and you have to get to the British Consulate and then onto a British Navy Destroyer waiting off the coast? This is unlikely to happen in the near future, but far from impossible.

I would take, in descending order of priority, my passport, my wallet (including credit cards), a bottle of water, my laptop, a few clothes stuffed into a bag, some paracetomol.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

My dogs. If they can't go, then I'm not going.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

An AR-15, ten extra magazines, a .45 pistol, two extra magazines. A sleeping bag, as much rations and water as I could carry. Warm winter Filson clothing, an an extra change of clothes. A flashlight, a flint, a compass, a cleaning rod, some maps, a knife, and a hatchet.

That's if I had to leave on foot. If I could bring my car, I'd have a lot more.

I would... erm... yeah it all depends on why. Good stout boots are going to definitely be in there. Passport, obviously. A pair of pliers, a knife, my poncho>?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My guess is Krezack is being evicted or something from his residence or he's going to be a fugitive from the law. In any case, I'd take my wallet, a suitcase with clothes including some good interview/work stuff, a sleeping bag, my 360 (decent liquidity), my external hard drive with all my computer files, and my cellphone. All of which is within my room and could be easily packed up in a moments notice.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'd actually leave my cellphone. I hate the bloody thing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My daughter and wife. My proof of insurance.

Also some pictures of the condition of the house might help you claim that insurance.

As for me, if this is an escape from some sort of uprising, I would take nothing and just join the mobs and start looting.

The dogs. My little sister. My bag with everything in it. A gun. A blanket. Star Wars. A bag of chips. In that order.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I would take, in descending order of priority, my passport, my wallet (including credit cards), a bottle of water

Same here. Must be an expatriate thing :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Good idea. Let's just trade houses. Is that allowed?

-Elwood Blues