Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Steam's Weekend sale is Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and that's a game that I really don't know too much about other then the fact the developers tried to use a cracked no-dvd patch made by [Warez group excluded] in one of their patches. Is it worth $10? :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's a tactical shooter with unlimited ammo and 2 idiot companions that are only good for getting in the way in the firefights. You can't take control of them, and you can't get rid of them. Also there is no planning stage, like in the older games, so calling it 'tactical' would actually be quite generous.

They are like a set of very unwelcome conjoined twins joined at your hips, and when one them dies the objectives suddenly cease to matter and you, I dunno call time out and go home for their funerals, rather than try to stop the terrorists that are trying to blow up the proverbial school bus. In any case you have to start the level all over again.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's worth getting, Gorgon is taking small things out of context and moaning like an old woman.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

As far as I know, everything that was good and unique about Rainbow Six got removed after Raven Shield.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Played through (what I'm pretty sure is) the first level and I have to say I was really underwhelmed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, 4p T-hunt is where the game actually matters.

but if you're the kind that actually cares about unlimited ammo on your useless pistol then you probably shouldn't be playing this to start with.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, thanks for the comments. I'm still not sure if I'll buy it tonight via Steam or get a boxed copy (I happened to see the other day that a local store also has it for $10*) - but I think I will be giving it a try. Hell, it's only ten bucks and I've paid more for games that sounded less promising. :sorcerer:

*I like having boxed copies of games and so I normally only buy purely digital copies if it's a great deal over the store price - and in this case it's a toss-up.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

R6 V2 is absolutely nothing like the first Rainbow 6 but that is to be expected by consolification.

While its a shame that such a unique game has been rendered into a fairly generic "tactical" shooter that doesnt change it actually being enjoyable.

So yes, its a good enough game to be worth 10 $ if you are into shooters and arent to fussed about it not being a complete simulation.

I liked R6V2 to a degree. I didn't find it as the best shooter, and sometimes it could be annoying to be the only competent member of the team. It was ok, not great, not terrible. It did what it had set out to do which was deliver a somewhat realistic team based FPS. Probably the most fun I had with it was rappelling down a wall flipping over and blowing four guys heads off with my pistol. Could it have been better? Probably, some of the environments had so little cover to get around (Glares at the rock climbing room) that you'd have to spend a massive amount of ammo to make it safe.

I don't think there was unlimited ammo. I think you were limited in the number of clips you could use (which was I believe 15 or so of the clips) but there was a resupply stop everywhere so you didn't really have to worry.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.