Fallout 3

Gorth

For some reason the minigun sucks.

Thanks DR. :D

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

For some reason the minigun sucks.

Thanks DR. :D

The best rifle is the Lincoln Rifle even better than my beloved sniper rifle. The Chinese assualt rifle is one of the better autos. The .44 Magnum is the best handgun to find.

Energy weapons are good but they don't have a lot of plentifull ammo for them, unless you cheated some into your inventory.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

You need a decent skill in Small guns. I had 50 when they gave me the option, I guess that's the bare minimum.

You should max that out ASAP. The better weapons fall under Small Guns. Big Guns are useless. They are nothing like the first two Fallouts in damage.

The flamer rules at close range in real time combat. I don't know how well it works in VATS, but in real time multiple enemies are often charging in at you really fast. The flamer takes down those multiple targets pretty fast. Its lethal. The minigun was disappointing at first use, but I really haven't played with it much too much.

Fallout 3 is lot like a slightly more complex Diablo 2. WHich explains why DR likes it so much! :aiee:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Pcs just look cool carrying the flamer as well!

post-378-1235923099_thumb.png

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The damage system is weird. I do more damage with the hunting rifle (14 dmg) than the chinese assault rifle (33 dmg). Its also insanely inacurate.

Well, I got to Rivet City and promptly lost myself two or three times. It seems I skipped the whole "Galaxy News Radio" part of the main quest by going to Rivet City and talking to Doctor Li. Weird, and I hope I'm not too close to the ending of the main quest.

PS: Never EVER use the rocket launcher in VATS. You will most likely miss and waste a missile.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You mean Rivet City or just the capital ruins to the South East? The more I travel in the capital the more I hate it. Everything's blocked off or hard to navigate around.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Huh. Sounds annoying. Maybe I'll just explore the north instead.

The inner city is basically identical subways full of the undead after another, with the occasional breath for air in a tiny area closed off by ruins and filled to the brim with supermutants. There *are* some interesting places like the Museums, though.

I didn't know you could skip GNR quest by talking to Li, that's really cool (if it doesn't break the quest, that is). You didn't skip that much, though (and it's a big plus nto having to talk to that Three Dog retard).

I didn't know you could skip GNR quest by talking to Li, that's really cool (if it doesn't break the quest, that is). You didn't skip that much, though (and it's a big plus nto having to talk to that Three Dog retard).

The first time I played Fallout 3 I actually wandered into

the garage where the entrance to the vault where you find your father is. And I found my father in there

! It's entirely possible to skip everything up to that point, even talking to that guy in Megaton (I hadn't even done that yet).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The flamer rules at close range in real time combat. I don't know how well it works in VATS, but in real time multiple enemies are often charging in at you really fast. The flamer takes down those multiple targets pretty fast. Its lethal. The minigun was disappointing at first use, but I really haven't played with it much too much.

Fallout 3 is lot like a slightly more complex Diablo 2. WHich explains why DR likes it so much! :thumbsup:

I think the Flamer and the Minigun both only really work in real time; neither seem suited for VATS due to the low number of "hits" it can get in the VATS time period, vs being able to just pump bullets (or flames) onto the opponent. In real time both were fine weapons, although it seemed to me the minigun wore out faster than the flamer.

The missle weapons seemed to be better in VATS than in real time partially because it was less likely - at least in my experience - for the simple fact that they work better at distances and the opponents were less likely to move out of position as the missle traveled in VATS (or at least less likely to travel out of the range of the explosions).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You need a decent skill in Small guns. I had 50 when they gave me the option, I guess that's the bare minimum.

Oh, I did that quest rather late in the game, so I certainly had a high enough Small Guns skill (as well as Sneak and Science, which I've read are options, too). The options that involve helping train them in various skills just never came up. Maybe I wasn't talking to the right person or something.

That part of the quest is quite bugged; you can get stalled before offering to help, while helping, etc.

If you're on the PC there are several mods that take care of that issue and de-bug the quest. -_-

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I think that that damage is related to how much a VATS shot does, so the AR has a higher value because it fires a burst round, even though individual bullets will give the nod to the hunting rifle.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's like a per (second?) rating. Not necessarily seconds, but per certain amount of time rating. So in the ammount of time you fire one hunting rifle bullet you could have fired 10 assault rifle bullets.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think that that damage is related to how much a VATS shot does, so the AR has a higher value because it fires a burst round, even though individual bullets will give the nod to the hunting rifle.

I think you're right. Damage rating for weapons appears to have some aspect of a damage per second or a damage over time rating. When I looked at the minigun, I believe its damage was 34. I thought that was pretty impressive at first, thinking it would be 34 damage per shot with a very high rate of fire. But I don't think it was doing nearly that sort of damage when I used it; its 34 damage is not a per shot damage. The missile launcher, otoh, definitely does its listed damage on a single hit.

How tough is Dogmeat? Is there any point to dragging him around with me? Is he just going to get blown up by the first missile that hits him?

Well he ran over a mine and survived. And I noticed that health regen, too.

I also noticed that he has one green eye and one blue eye.

post-378-1236199444_thumb.png