One of my favorite special encounters.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Arulco's fate, in the hands of one Jeffrey Lebowski...

thebumswillalwayslose.th.jpg

They're doomed!

Best inventory ever.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Best inventory ever.

No. Not really. It still has flaws and functionality issues.

Well, it's close. Which is pretty amazing. For a mod.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Best inventory ever.

No. Not really. It still has flaws and functionality issues.

Well, it's close. Which is pretty amazing. For a mod.

Even the unmodded one is one of the better ones around. Simple, easy access, easy overview. I spent an unseemly amount of time playing around with stuff, trying to see what would "fit inside" what :banghead:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I never understood why people get their panties in a bunch over advertising. If it negates some of the costs involved in these big titles and keeps us from paying more and more for a game, then I'm all for it. It obviously needs to fit into the setting, and I didn't think the BF2142 suffered at all from the billboards.

Because the adds themselves almost automatically suck. Also, I don't like level design being centered around displaying billboards rather than gameplay, which is a real risk, in for instance multiplayer shooters.

if it negates some of the costs involved in these big titles and keeps us from paying more and more for a game, then I'm all for it

I'm curious. Do you really think we don't already pay exactly the amount they can get away with charging without hurting the games general distribution and popularity. Adds might help finance a game in some small way, like it does a movie, but it's not like the retail price is going to change.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Because the adds themselves almost automatically suck. Also, I don't like level design being centered around displaying billboards rather than gameplay, which is a real risk, in for instance multiplayer shooters.

if it negates some of the costs involved in these big titles and keeps us from paying more and more for a game, then I'm all for it

I'm curious. Do you really think we don't already pay exactly the amount they can get away with charging without hurting the games general distribution and popularity. Adds might help finance a game in some small way, like it does a movie, but it's not like the retail price is going to change.

I agree. Ads don't really bother me. I mean, I ain't buying soda cause it was in Die Hard, ya know.

But it doesn't defray the copst of anything and get you the game, movie, etc cheaper. Publishers charge as much as they can charge. Ads are just a little extra gravy on the train for the suits.

If it negates some of the costs involved in these big titles and keeps us from paying more and more for a game, then I'm all for it.

I would agree if not for the fact that we seem to be paying the same amount with in-game advertising as without it. As for the ads themselves, well I have not played many games with them but the one I can think of, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, only had ads that actually fit the location (id est Far Cry 2 ads in the LAN center).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I went to a movie today, and the ticket prices continue to go up. Itunes is now charging higher prices for premium songs. I don't expect prices of games to ever go down, in fact I'd be surprised if PC games didn't go up to the $60 range. But we've had one price hike for games in the last 20 years or so. I would hate to see another anytime soon, and ads might help prevent that.

I noticed that Wolverine poster when I was playing Saint's Row 2 the other day. Even though I've put over 100 hours into the game, it was the first time I even noticed in-game advertising. I have no idea what ad used to be on those billboards.

I have no idea what ad used to be on those billboards.

What do you mean, do the ads change/update?

Yep. The Wolverine posters have changed to Observe and Report (new Seth Rogen movie) posters.

Do you suppose all the ad's are preloaded and on a certain date they change or do you think the game receives updates via the internet?

Yep. The Wolverine posters have changed to Observe and Report (new Seth Rogen movie) posters.

Do you suppose all the ad's are preloaded and on a certain date they change or do you think the game receives updates via the internet?

Via internet. There is also a poster for something called Lesbian Vampire Killers, which apparently is in cinemas May 21. The posters feature Australian ratings, so ads are region specific.

Edit: I restarted the game after disabling the internet connection to my 360, and now the billboards are all ads for an in-game company.

Edited by Hell Kitty

...Lesbian Vampire Killers...

I just watched the trailer for that, BRILLIANT!

Looks so very detailed!

How's the gameplay, worth the purchase? I actually haven't played Butcher's Bay beside a short stint on xbox back in the day.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I finished Butcher Bay a few nights ago (never played the original release), and I'm almost at the end of Dark Athena, and I've really enjoyed both. There are sections that are just straight FPS, but there are also many opportunities for sneaking around, as well as times when you move back and forth between areas doing jobs for people. I also love the art style in this (and The Darkness).

When I first started playing AoDA it kinda made me hope Project RedLime is actually a new System Shock, rather than the rumoured Syndicate. After The Darkness and this, it certainly seems a better fit for Starbreeze.

Dark Athena sure looks good. And some people actually called its graphics sub par. It's ridiculous how high the expectations for graphics quality are set these days.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes