Pictures of your games

SteveThaiBinh

Funniest thing, Peloponnesian and Rome: Total Realism share modders and the Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod has the same composer as Europa Barbarorum, doing it for free.

It's a small internet.

I had a suspicion actually. Because the background seemed similar (or was described in a similar way) - it's funny, but great as well.. there's no reason why you can take some aspects or ideas for one game and use them in another. Since it's the same modders, it's not even stealing ideas. :p

Did you find the "Strange sword?" I've been using it sometimes because it looks cool. heh

A Katana, in the vanilla game? No I haven't.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Fallout 2 with the High Resolution Patch. Looking good.

Fallout 2 with high resolution is cool. But. . . won't it like strain your eyes when trying to pick up small items that probably makes one exactly 2 or 3 pixels on screen?

Fallout 2 with the High Resolution Patch. Looking good.

Fallout 2 with high resolution is cool. But. . . won't it like strain your eyes when trying to pick up small items that probably makes one exactly 2 or 3 pixels on screen?

It adjusts to your default resolution, if it's too small adjust it to where it is comfortable.

Just looking at those pics makes Fallout 3 seem so weak as a game. I can't believe I even enjoy FO3 really.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

A Katana, in the vanilla game? No I haven't.. :thumbsup:

There's a couple "hidden" chests in two of the main cities that contain parts of a set. Have no clue what their origins are/were for.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just looking at those pics makes Fallout 3 seem so weak as a game. I can't believe I even enjoy FO3 really.

Interesting. As much as I prefer 2D IE based games, the FO's always looked like crap to me in screen shots.

There's a certain psychological aspect to it, I think. Seeing the original games in a nice high res plus knowing how good the gameplay was just makes Fallout 3 seem even more mediocre.

I agree that Fallout never looked great. EVen back when it was first released.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Anyway, I just got Beyond Good & Evil from GOG.com. It's very nice so far. Here's a screenshot:

Did it run easily? I bought an old copy of Beyond Good & Evil and it stubbornly refused to run on either XP or Vista.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Anyway, I just got Beyond Good & Evil from GOG.com. It's very nice so far. Here's a screenshot:

Did it run easily? I bought an old copy of Beyond Good & Evil and it stubbornly refused to run on either XP or Vista.

My store-bought version worked just fine with XP SP3 when I played it half a year ago.

GOG also guarantees that it will work, so you shouldn't have any problems.

I like the Yao Guai. They've got personality. And they are somewhat intimidating early on. More of FO3's enemies could use both.

post-378-1238975579_thumb.png

Fallout 3 could use more enemies period. How many super mutants does it take to finally get sick of seeing their heads fly off? Seriously.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fallout 3 could use more enemies period. How many super mutants does it take to finally get sick of seeing their heads fly off? Seriously.

A day without a flying off super mutant head is like a day without sunshine!

But yeah, I agree. Plus most of the enemies aren't very interesting either. Molerats, scorpions, dogs are all completely uninspired. I recognize the molerats and scorpions are legacy material, but since FO3 occurs 4 thousand miles away from Fallout 1 and 2, the devs were under no obligation to keep them. ANd if they had to keep them, the devs could have spiced those critters up a bit.

ANd there's just way too many supermutants in the game. You can't spit without hitting one. And they are too weak and pathetic with the excepetion of the behemoths. ANd calling the same basic enemy type supermutant, supermutant brute and supermutant master does not qualify as three different enemies.

The behemoths should have been the lowest level supermutant and even they should have been pretty rare. The behemoths at least, like the Yao Guai, have some personality.

Basically, without the reskins, its:

Molerats

Dogs

Radscorpions

Protectron/Sentry Bot/Turret/Bigger Turret/Mister Gutsy/Robobrain

Mirelurks

Mirelurk Kings

Fire ants

Super Mutants

Human enemies

Deathclaws

Bloatfly

Yao Goai

Feral Ghouls

For an RPG, this isn't enough. Not to mention they really all attack either with melee or various ranged weapons, so it still gets repetitive.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bloatflies. lol. I forgot about those things. They beg the question: why are they even in the game?

I do think the Bethesda devs did a pretty good job giving the robots some personality. The Protectron is pathetically weak but funny, and the Mister Gutsy and Robobrains are still fun to fight at level 12. I've only fought a couple sntry bots so I don't have any real opinon on them yet.

Is there even one? I thought the Robotics Expert perk only let you disable them for easy kills.

Though I did notice some hilarious dialog choices after I got the perk.

For your own and the other passengers safety, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until we have been towed back unto the tarmac and parked safely at the terminal. We hope you had a pleasant journey and thank You for flying with Gorth Airways...

20090406225239.jpg

Oh yeah, be careful with the stuff in the overhead lockers, it may have moved during the flight :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey, any landing you cna walk way from is a good landing.

Calling The Path an arthouse game is offensive to art as a whole. :x

And why's that?

Totally forgot about this. ;)

I'm unsure what you're expecting me to say but I'll try anyway.

From what I know of The Path it tries to be art (or arty, or whatever) in two ways:

1) It tries to establish the idea that the stated goal might not be the actual goal, or rather that the stated goal might not be the most "worthwhile" or most "interesting" goal. I'm unsure whether this is actually intentional by the developers or if they're just following the little red riding hood stories blindly. I think it is useless to the highest degree since they ruin it by using an essentially binary measure of success that successfully subverts the point they're possibly trying to make by making visiting grandmothers house the actual breaking of the rules (i.e. you don't get a SUCCESS mark). I'd also arguet that it has been done by other games in the past in better and more effective ways making The Path even more irrelevant.

2) It tries to put up several metaphors that makes me think that the developers were artschool dropouts and I honestly don't get why people find them significant. A better way to describe how I see them is to compare them with this "artist" whose work I most definately wouldn't call art either.

Have I missed something important that means it is more important than what this guy is making? I'm honestly interested since I've yet to see someone make a coherent argument that doesn't boil down to them liking it just because.

For reference I think You Have To burn The Rope is a much better attempt at being art or arty critique, or whatever.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I like the Yao Guai. They've got personality. And they are somewhat intimidating early on. More of FO3's enemies could use both.

I take the Animal Friends perk just so I can avoid being enemies with them. I venture out in the wilderness and really don't want to be slowed down fighting them. Plus they come to your aid when you get into a fight.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The new sheriff in town.

And the mad bomber in Seward Square is so dead.

post-1458-1239057950_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1239057979_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester