Any good games coming out?

Karzak

From what I've played of the demo, I have a hard time figuring out why someone who liked FEAR wouldn't like FEAR 2. It seems like the same game with upgraded graphics and toned down challenge level. It seems to get the same things right and the same things wrong as the first one.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Too bad the first had no substance and is an unholy blight on humanity :(

Well... I would say it's as good -if not better than- KotoR I. Of course I'm not done with it yet... :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Too bad the first had no substance and is an unholy blight on humanity :(

Well... I would say it's as good -if not better than- KotoR I. Of course I'm not done with it yet... :(

The game gets considerably better during the ending, so you're in for a treat. :p

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

For the love of god, please make it more interesting than a weekly episode of <insert generic TV-serie here>.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For the love of god, please make it more interesting than a weekly episode of <insert generic TV-serie here>.

Is this the backlash against Mass Effect? I thought mostly everyone here liked it.

It wasn't bad, it was just... mediocre, average, run of the mill. The console crowd finally got a taste of half-way decent storytelling and hailed it as the second coming.

I thought Mass Effect was awesome.

Seconded.

But the whiners coming out of the woodworks are just part of the natural reaction any successful product has. It's the same reason people feel the need to complain about The Dark Knight.

Seconded.

But the whiners coming out of the woodworks are just part of the natural reaction any successful product has. It's the same reason people feel the need to complain about The Dark Knight.

Is it whining if I happen to not like something as much as some others?

Anyway I just don't like the hype that was around Mass Effect. Some games get hyped up so far that no game could meet the expectations.

Seconded.

I, for one, am not coming out. I have always been a vocal member of the "ME:boo"-club ;(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seconded.

I thought it was very well done in most regards (exception: every time you got into your ATV). But it wasn't to my tastes. I like that they went for a cinematic feel, I just don't particularly care for the type of cinema they decided to imitate most directly (i.e., unsophisiticated 'yay hero! boo villain! ignore the plot holes!' summer popcorn flick).

Seconded.

I thought it was very well done in most regards (exception: every time you got into your ATV). But it wasn't to my tastes. I like that they went for a cinematic feel, I just don't particularly care for the type of cinema they decided to imitate most directly (i.e., unsophisiticated 'yay hero! boo villain! ignore the plot holes!' summer popcorn flick).

That's a good point. The game was very clearly a summer action popcorn flick. The previews made it out that way, Bioware has been leaning heavily that way. And the game really hit that nail directly on the head, so when people complain about it, it's like they are complaining that the game was exactly as advertised.

Right! This reminds me! I really should install and play Mass Effect soon.. It's lying here on a shelf somewhere..

If you don't want to use an activation when playing it there are ways around that... :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Right! This reminds me! I really should install and play Mass Effect soon.. It's lying here on a shelf somewhere..

If you don't want to use an activation when playing it there are ways around that... :ermm:

What's the point? He could crack it after he is out of activations anyway.

And then you can come back and give us your hype-free non-jaded perspective. And we shall dance and make merry.

Non jaded perspective? Mkreku? :ermm:

If you don't want to use an activation when playing it there are ways around that... o:)

But why wouldn't you simply ask EA for more activation codes? :ermm:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And then you can come back and give us your hype-free non-jaded perspective. And we shall dance and make merry.

Non jaded perspective? Mkreku? :ermm:

Okay, maybe I got a bit too optimistic there. Most of you here seem to be a bunch of pessimists. It feels like home.

If you don't want to use an activation when playing it there are ways around that... o:)

But why wouldn't you simply ask EA for more activation codes? :ermm:

Yees, that would seem like the only correct course of action. Move along, citizen. o:)

Edited by Purkake

Not liking something is all fine and dandy, but claiming to know why other people do like it, with explanations like this:

The console crowd finally got a taste of half-way decent storytelling and hailed it as the second coming.

is just ridiculous.

If only krookie and hurlshot had experienced the same awesome storytelling as you, they'd be able to see how bad ME really is.

Not liking something is all fine and dandy, but claiming to know why other people do like it, with explanations like this:

The console crowd finally got a taste of half-way decent storytelling and hailed it as the second coming.

is just ridiculous.

If only krookie and hurlshot had experienced the same awesome storytelling as you, they'd be able to see how bad ME really is.

I'm actually not trying to defend the game. I said the story was half-decent, if you disagree fine, but there have been far worse. I strongly disliked the combat, the inventory system and the lack of any meaningful side-quests. Also the Mako sequences were pretty bad.

It was pretty much the first Bioware rpg to really hit the mainstream console crowd. I presume that people liked it for the story and the characters, because there is a lot better combat, exploration and inventory systems in other games.