Any good games coming out?

Karzak

You know I'm getting it. Trapping people in rooms with no exits so they die of starvation, getting everyone to fight and woo-hoo, and setting the house on fire - these are a few of my favorite things. :thumbsup:

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The Sims is like a masterclass in making a hardcore PC game appeal to the masses.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Dragon Age: Origins for the PC looks interesting. So does the English version of Drakensang - the dark eye. Eschalon - book 2 looks great, too.Alpha Protocol looks semi-interesting as well, at least for me. For adventure games, I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper.

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Drakensang is very average. Not bad, it does technically everything fine, but it lacks the brilliance and maturity of a Bioware or Obsidian RPG.

This year is a good year for games, especially for RPGs.

Dragon Age, ME2, AP, Aliens, Risen... man, that's 5 RPGs, in a single year? Is I in heaven?!!11

Edited by Morgoth

Wow. Hadn't noticed that before. I am going to love this year.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's only a month until The Sims 3 comes out. :)

I might get a couple copies of that as well (one for me and one for my little sister), but only if it has no limited-installations or on-line activations. :(

I'd sooner believe that Israel and Palestine will never ever start a war again...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's only a month until The Sims 3 comes out. :)

I might get a couple copies of that as well (one for me and one for my little sister), but only if it has no limited-installations or on-line activations. :(

I'd sooner believe that Israel and Palestine will never ever start a war again...

:)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Killzone 2 Opening Cinematic

I got chills. :ermm:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why is it I'm able to call "Good game/Bad Game" based solely on previews? I mean that I watch a preview which the people are glowing about how great it's going to be, but when watching the gameplay I think "You know how fast that looks like its going to get boring?"

People were gushing about Iron Man before it came out, then it pops out and it's a boring repetitive game. I'm now looking at inFamous and thinking "sure it sounds good on paper but who in the world walks around with their hand in held out like that?" I saw a preview where they showed off a couple of things and all I could see was that the Demo guy was using the same 2 combos, and the climbing mechanic seems like it came from 4 years ago. I'm almost willing to put money on it as a "Bland cross between grand theft auto and the force unleashed".

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Meh. If we're not supposed to speculate on whether a game will be good or bad before we've played it, then how did this thread reach seven pages?

It's something we do. It's fine to disagree with another's speculation - this is the interwebs after all - but I see no reason to take someone to task simply for speculating.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

People were gushing about Iron Man before it came out, then it pops out and it's a boring repetitive game.

Who were these people? Are you sure you didn't imagine their existance?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

People were gushing about Iron Man before it came out, then it pops out and it's a boring repetitive game.

:lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Actually there were several previews that said it looked like it would be a good game (Xplay is the one I get off the top of my head, but I think there was a Gameinformer preview as well).

There have actually been several games where I've looked at them and said "looks boring and repetative, probably will get bad reviews".

Of course then there are also those games that are just terrible and have NO publicity behind them (Legendary for example)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Drakensang is very average. Not bad, it does technically everything fine, but it lacks the brilliance and maturity of a Bioware or Obsidian RPG.

This year is a good year for games, especially for RPGs.

Dragon Age, ME2, AP, Aliens, Risen... man, that's 5 RPGs, in a single year? Is I in heaven?!!11

Don't forget about Divinity 2, which is looking quite promising imo.

They still make good games?

Nope. Absolutely not. Anyone who says otherwise is a dirty rotten liar. There hasn't been a good game in years. The best you can hope for these days is merely acceptable.

Edited by Deraldin