What are you playing now?

Gorth

Yeah, it would be like replaying a KOTOR.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, both Mass Effect and KOTOR have a few character building options, both games have the same style of writing, the same amount of dialogue options, and usually two ways to do quests. Also, both games have fairly challengeless combat, and their structure is very similar. Finally, the "planets" in both games are these really small, closed areas.

In other news, I'm replaying Psychonauts.

Heja Sverige!!

Can you justify your statement with anything other than "Rar rar rar I don't like ME and I'm going to state this at every opportunity I get for no apparent reason" Mr Dagon?

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Still playing Eternal Darkness. This is a really cool game, and I hope there will be a sequel someday.

I also ordered a Xbox 360 at Amazon, since the price was reduced again and I am weak and all. I think I'm gonna sell my PS3 now that with the exception of one intreresting exclusive title (Heavy Rain), it's only collecting dust. I guess I can live with that one exception.

Gears of War 2 and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee are next.

Well, both Mass Effect and KOTOR have a few character building options, both games have the same style of writing, the same amount of dialogue options, and usually two ways to do quests. Also, both games have fairly challengeless combat, and their structure is very similar. Finally, the "planets" in both games are these really small, closed areas.

By nothing there, I meant content, not game mechanics. Also the writing in KOTOR is great, but mostly awful in ME, especially the story itself. Planets in ME are almost completely linear with nothing to do but shoot your way from point A to point B, while occassionally making an abrupt and meaningless decision which has nothing to do with anything. In contrast, KOTOR has interesting planets to explore, with tons of great quests to do.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Not really, Stranger seems to be a completely different engine. May be just buy an old Xbox cheap, so many great games, at least from my perspective. Also when emulating, the colors are really washed out and black looks gray, although no one except me seems to notice.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Not really, Stranger seems to be a completely different engine. May be just buy an old Xbox cheap, so many great games, at least from my perspective. Also when emulating, the colors are really washed out and black looks gray, although no one except me seems to notice.

We will see.

OT: When using my 22" TFT monitor, should I use a VGA HD cable, or a HDMI-DVI cable? It seems with a VGA cable I'm able to use higher (PC) resolutions as well. Doesn't that cost performance for the 360?

Shouldn't cost any performance, the game is always rendered the same way. They have a scaler chip to put out different resolutions. So far as I know all cables work OK by now, so probably HDMI would be a better choice, but I don't have first hand knowledge.

By nothing there, I meant content, not game mechanics. Also the writing in KOTOR is great, but mostly awful in ME, especially the story itself. Planets in ME are almost completely linear with nothing to do but shoot your way from point A to point B, while occassionally making an abrupt and meaningless decision which has nothing to do with anything. In contrast, KOTOR has interesting planets to explore, with tons of great quests to do.

I'm guessing you didn't do much of the Uncharted worlds then. most of those are fairly open, and dispite what you think, Mass Effect had at least as good writing as Kotor did. Admittedly that is generally a personal opinion but all in all Mass Effect was IMHO better than Kotor because, among other things, you weren't mother Teresa or a baby eater

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You weren't a baby eater in KOTOR, you were just a bully. Just like in Mass Effect, only Mass Effect made it explicit.

Heja Sverige!!

Well, ME has better combat, and KOTOR has less atrocious filler posing as game content.

Heja Sverige!!

And KotOR's story about an evil Sith Lord wanting to rule the galaxy by using an ancient weapon of unlimited power from an extinct civilisation is amazing writing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Shouldn't cost any performance, the game is always rendered the same way. They have a scaler chip to put out different resolutions. So far as I know all cables work OK by now, so probably HDMI would be a better choice, but I don't have first hand knowledge.

I got by 360 today and I barely saw a difference. Still, I'll stick with the HDMI cable, it's subjectively slightly better, as expected.

I played a bit the Resident Evil 5 demo and the first thing I noticed is that the image quality is a bit more vibrant and crisper than on the PS3. ;)

Fallout 3. I just finished the food rummaging quest for Moria. Convinced her to give up her quest to write a book. I'll explore the wastes before I go to the Jefferson Memorial.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm guessing you didn't do much of the Uncharted worlds then. most of those are fairly open, and dispite what you think, Mass Effect had at least as good writing as Kotor did. Admittedly that is generally a personal opinion but all in all Mass Effect was IMHO better than Kotor because, among other things, you weren't mother Teresa or a baby eater
You mean Uncharted world. The most atrocious single piece of game design I've ever seen.

The reason you're mother Teresa is you're either light side or dark. In ME you're still an evil dumb thug, but that's beside the point since that's the least of its problems.

I played a bit the Resident Evil 5 demo and the first thing I noticed is that the image quality is a bit more vibrant and crisper than on the PS3. ;)
I noticed three red lights yesterday. :)

Ouch. >_<

I'm lucky as I got a newer 360 (made on 10-14-2008), so those should be less prone to the infamous ROD. Alot of people also make the mistake that they put the 360 vertically, so that the fan can't suck in fresh air from the side.

Anyway, Resi5 is kinda boring and not scary at all.