Fable 2 scores 10/10 on Eurogamer...

Nightshape

I haven't played it yet, I'll start it in a bit

No, just how heavy is it. 2 ounces? A half pound? You said you picked it up.

Some people just don't get my jokes. *sniff*

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Fable 2 is the kind of game i'd wait until a month of rainy days to play - the first one was entertaining in a time-passing kinda way, but anyone who falls over themselves to play it has to be fairly bored...

dumber than a bag of hammers

My dog led me to a treasure which turned out to be a condom, but it's too late, I've already had unprotected sex.

Did you unbury it or have to fish for it? Either way, it might not matter, you probably didn't want to use that condom.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm enjoyed Fable 2. I haven't played much, but the art direction is simply top notch. It's basically a Charles Dickens novel brought to life.

Sounds nice. The combat looks like it flows really well too.

But the small-time jobs look boring and the npc interaction insanely weak. I hear it's really easy... please prove me wrong?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's easy, at least so far. Which I'm very happy about, because there is nothing worse than getting whooped on to ruin the flow of the adventure. But I can see where they probably shoud have a couple difficulty levels available, so the sadists (or is it masochists?) can get more enjoyment out of it.

I opened two demon doors, which I think is one more than I managd in the original. I can't seem to locate the bookseller.

I hope it's not too easy, the best way to ruin an adventure is to take away the feeling of achievement.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hope it's not too easy, the best way to ruin an adventure is to take away the feeling of achievement.

I upgraded blades (the spell) to level 2, now everyone dies in one hit. hah

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I got to the point where I was so loved that I literally walked in bowerstone and had half the population pineing for my hand in marriage.

the bookseller is two doors down from the potion shop in bowerstone.

I beat the "main" story. It's... underwhelming to say the least. The end is anticlimactic and overall feels like you're being congratulated for walking somewhere. the game doesn't feel like theres any punch to the main quest as life goes on quite easily after you kill the antagonist. My female adventurer could have been male at the end the way she looked. I accidently kinda went on a killing/theiving spree in a pirate town you find and I'm not sure if it made my eyes glow or not, but I got artificially aged in a quest so that I looked like I was 50 but I was still much stronger than your average person. I donno, I guess that after the first games story I was expecting more from the game. I mean the Jack of Knives fight at the end of the first game had quite some punch to it. where as this you shoot a decrepit old man once in the middle of his monologue and you're done. I mean theres all this buildup and then pop you're done. Also the story wasn't that memorable imho mainly because none of the dungons felt very epic excepting the break that ages you to later adulthood. and even that was only an hour long at best. I found that the easiest way to earn money and XP was just to keep running the crucible over and over again. Also guns are EXTREMLY powerful once you get a repeater.

I donno. maybe the game just hates its main story given that most of the game was spent with four quests or so up 1 being my primary and the others being somthing like "Donate money to the church of Light" (which replaced the Church of Avo from the first game... yes the civilian sacrificing is back for the church of shadows/skorm's replacement).

After "beating" it (because there are certain things you can only do after you complete the main mission) I don't think it deserves a 10. 9 would probably be a better score because the game just doesn't have the punch of the first game and while the world reacting to your quests previously was nice it didn't feel like there was that much change. the only changes I found were the Old Town change, and the change to the church of light after the 10 year break. If the main quest were more like Mass Effect in that it had some really well done and involving planets that took longer than 2 hrs to beat when you were first going through them. Also your entire Heroic actions feel like a side show in the world rather than somthing that actually has any impact on the gameworld at large. to a point you don't want the main quests to impact the world but I mean common NOBODY mentions the GIANT SPIRE sticking out of the ocean or the fact that people go there trying to find their fortune and don't come back.

Also the main character is mute or close to it. they do have part of the tutorial saying that you can thumbs up or thumbs down what people tell you but you don't actually get to do this more than once or twice in the entire game. And honestly the game I think suffered from not having the hero have dialogue. Often I felt that I was nothing more than a pack mule for Theresa (who I'm convinced is the Hero of Oakvales sister from the first game) and it wasn't really about ME. which I guess is a bit narccasistic of me but then why would you play a game thats not about the character you're playing? it'd be like playing Redshirt #5 in a star Trek game where all your shooting and such gets attributed to Capt. Picard or somthing. the only thing I really did on the main quest was get to location A kill somthing and move on. For all the touted moral choice of the game there isn't really a Moral decision in getting revenge for your sister. It's just kinda there. For all you grey choise fans theres a ending for you too (if you can call it an ending of the game).

All in all a good romp game but it lacks an ending of significance and the main quest (where you're supposed to be saving the world) feels insignificant compared to the rest of the world.

Sorry if I'm meandering I'm kinda stream of conciseness writing

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But the small-time jobs look boring and the npc interaction insanely weak.

That's no big surprise, there's only so much information you can communicate with a pelvic thrust.

I find if I approach Fable as a Zelda style adventure game with bells on it's short comings don't bother me so much. I'll do the same with Fable 2 tonight.

I don't think it deserves a 10. 9 would probably be a better score because the game just doesn't have the punch of the first game

a '9'???

'9'?!!!?

until i got to that part of your mini-review, i felt sure you were gonna say it was a 4 or a 5 ...

the fact that you're giving what sounds like a so-so game a '9' is the best evidence of how lazy gaming journalism has infected impressionable minds. an entire generation of gamers is now apparently under the belief that the average score of a 10 point scale is an 8 or a 9.

because fable 2 truly sounds about as epicly average as fable 1 was.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

I think quite a few fliks on here have stated that they enjoyed Fable 1. I think you need to take that into account. So far, Fable 2 is a notch above the original for me, but it's definitely a similar game.

I'd put it in the 8-9 range, but I need to finish it first. The original I'd give an 8.5, mostly because I felt the ending was way too quick. Otherwise I'd rate it a solid 9.

But hey, this is like a fun adventure game. That's not everyone's cup o' tea.

I don't think it deserves a 10. 9 would probably be a better score because the game just doesn't have the punch of the first game

a '9'???

'9'?!!!?

until i got to that part of your mini-review, i felt sure you were gonna say it was a 4 or a 5 ...

the fact that you're giving what sounds like a so-so game a '9' is the best evidence of how lazy gaming journalism has infected impressionable minds. an entire generation of gamers is now apparently under the belief that the average score of a 10 point scale is an 8 or a 9.

because fable 2 truly sounds about as epicly average as fable 1 was.

I didn't have MAJOR problems with the game. Generally 7 is average. By biggest beef was that the game didn't feel like it liked it's own main story line. I mean you didn't have people talking about how the spire was working and how your actions were were in dealing with the main quest. I got called a mass murderer for accidently killing five people but nobody mentioned the fact that I killed Lucian. I think the biggest problem with the main quest is the basic design of it. Most of the main questing is kept away from the public and there aren't any earthshattering events that happen within the quest.

the game world itself is otherwise very beautiful and immersive, theres lots to do, and the few sidequests i did were very well done. it's just that the main quest was usually "report to former hero's guild- go somewhere get in a pickle, get unpickled by killing things repeat." you didn't save towns from demons, you didn't get forced to choose between good or evil on the main quest (which is kinda counter to everything the game wanted you to believe) you don't do anything noteworthy except beat a gladiatorial arena.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Freaking crap. I went to bed with a whore, and then she robbed me of $5,000. If this game isn't a metaphor for my real love life, I don't know what is.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.