What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Nethergate is the only rpg I've ever played where a team consisting of(at least) a Roman deserter, a druid, a Brigante berserker and a(n almost retired) goblin can exist. Oh yeah, and they kill evil faeries, seriously.

What's the extent of the party development/interaction, Muso?

Party development is a massive part of the game, it's an old-school dungeon romp afterall, but interaction between them is to a minimun, actually only between the few recruitable npcs you can find. Though there's plenty of talking every time you meet general npcs.

It's a great game, if one can take the conventions of the genre, namely the graphics and heavy reliance on text. There's practically zero animations for instance, encounters often start with a huge message box on what is happening and then, on very rare cases, some cutscene done in-engine with perhaps meagere animation and some floating text dialogue.

If that's something you can stomach, well...it's a great game. Just about all Spiderweb games are. Difficult combat, insanely large dungeons, plenty of lore and exploration.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Diablo II. Very sluggish and boring.

HOW exactly do you not like Diablo?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You mean that game where you repeatedly click hordes of monsters until they die? My answer would be pretty easily.

I don't think Diablo 2 has aged all that well, either. The game looks piss poor.

Man, Call of Duty 4 is a great fps. So is Timesplitters: Future Perfect, but for very different reasons.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, havent played this for well over a decade!

Im Grace exploring Ludwigs castles for clues, Chapter 4 i believe. I have the CDs from awhile ago but i turned it all into a DVD, and installed the whole game onto my harddrive! This is great! no cd swapping!!! :o

You mean that game where you repeatedly click hordes of monsters until they die? My answer would be pretty easily.

I don't think Diablo 2 has aged all that well, either. The game looks piss poor.

Graphics look like crap, I admit, but you play LORTO, so you really shouldn't be complaining about reptitive gameplay, especially when the gameplay isn't at all repetitive.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It's a damn good timewaster.

Diablo 3 looks like it matured a bit though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

...you play LORTO, so you really shouldn't be complaining about reptitive gameplay...

I'm not sure I'd say that, from some of his postings I would say LotR:O would have as much, if not more, variety than Diablo.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Graphics look like crap, I admit, but you play LORTO, so you really shouldn't be complaining about reptitive gameplay, especially when the gameplay isn't at all repetitive.
Hilarious. There are very few games that fit the description "repetitive grind" better than D2. It's basically a limited, scaled down MMO, only with an 8-player limit.

Of course, it's free over BNET, and that's all that matters, right?

Edited by random n00b

As someone who thinks well of both D2 and LotRO, I have to say that LotRO has more variety. D2 had some great gameplay, and the search for better loot really was addictive, but it was not nearly as complex as LotRO. That said, there's always more to a successful game than simply click and watch. D2 did favor a streamlined approach, but the player still played the game. It wasn't like watching paint dry, regardless of how many painters in the members' list who say so.

It is..

Very sluggish.

And boring.

Hate to break it to you, but eight years is a long time, and nostalgia doesn

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Guess what I found while cleaning up my basement!

Hell yeah, Rollercoaster Tycoon.

<3

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hilarious. There are very few games that fit the description "repetitive grind" better than D2. It's basically a limited, scaled down MMO, only with an 8-player limit. only good.

Fix'd.

Of course, it's free over BNET, and that's all that matters, right?

Are you calling me cheap or poor?

As someone who thinks well of both D2 and LotRO, I have to say that LotRO has more variety. D2 had some great gameplay, and the search for better loot really was addictive, but it was not nearly as complex as LotRO. That said, there's always more to a successful game than simply click and watch. D2 did favor a streamlined approach, but the player still played the game. It wasn't like watching paint dry, regardless of how many painters in the members' list who say so.

LotRO is also ruining the greatest book ever written.

It is..

Very sluggish.

And boring.

Hate to break it to you, but eight years is a long time, and nostalgia doesn’t make something fun when you’re actually playing it.

Sluggish? Broing? We must be talking about different games.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3

I'm playing Edge of Darkness, right now as Tukaram in the Mines of Kelberen. I love love love the thunder smash combo <3 Using Scythe basic combos is also glorious, though maybe a bit too random.

My game backlog is massive, but I intend to finish at least Dark Messiah, Call of Duty 4, 2 and just perhaps Hostile Waters all this week.

Then some moar Severance <3 <3

kirottu said:

I hate to break it to you, but I think that The Lord of the Rings has already seen worse. :thumbsup:

You might have a point there...

i'd buy the subjective claim "greatest story ever told," as a valid opinion (not necessarily one i share), but i'm not too sure the literary world agrees that it is that great of a book.

oh, i went out and got some baja game for the PS3 as well as devil may cry 4. played the baja game with my son. we had a blast, then he whined incessantly whent we stopped for the bedtime ritual, so the PS3 was taken away for a week. sigh... haven't started dmc4 yet.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Hilarious. There are very few games that fit the description "repetitive grind" better than D2. It's basically a limited, scaled down MMO, only with an 8-player limit. only good.

Fix'd.

Yeah, I guess that, with your extensive experience with MMOs, you could tell the difference, eh?

Get a clue and stop trolling. Or at least stop sucking at it.

Are you calling me cheap or poor?
Hey, you said it kid, not me.

Interesting claim. I went and checked my copy of The Fellowship of the Ring, and found it unchanged. So, how exactly is it "ruining" anything?

Also, lol @ "bestest book evar". But considering you hold SW crapterature in such high regard, it's not really surprising.

KotOR Online is totally going to ruin all those mediocre Star Wars novels!

I'm playing a ton of LotR Online. I'm on the 10th book of the main storyline, and it's really getting good.

I've also been dabbling in the Fable Pub games while I wait for Fable 2 to come out. They are ok, I'm at level 2.

I just finished my first game of NHL 2K9.

Just a couple complaints so far:

Why is everyone so slow?! Scratch that. Why is everyone on MY team so slow?

Oh god! What have they done to my eyes?!

The AI is so stupid on anything below Hall of Fame difficulty.

The AI on Hall of Fame has only one tactic each for offence and defence. Skate into the net and Have everyone mob the puck carrier.

Some expanded comments.

Your team mates really are slower than the computer players on Hall of Fame. The opponents AI just seems to fly across the ice and can turn on a dime or stop instantly. Your team's AI is able to do exactly the same things however the moment you gain control of the puck, all your forwards make a beeline for the other team's blue line and then just stop skating while they wait for you to catch up so they won't go offside. The leaves you skating in circles in your own end unable to break out against the three super forecheckers that the opponent sends in to harass the puck carrier. These guys seem to ignore fatigue, don't need a running start to check you into the ice and stop any pucks that come within 5 feet of themselves.

The only goals I've managed to score so far have been so ridiculously lucky that you wouldn't believe. The most recent one was off the only rebound I've ever seen the AI goalies give out. I just shot the puck and then started waving the Wiimote like mad hoping that one of my guys would be the first to grab the puck and got lucky. The one right before that had one of my AI teammates run into the puck carrier in front of the opposing goal while another teammate magically appeared in the right spot to flip a backhander into the net. The other team in the meantime has been pulling off all sorts of nice goals. The four most recent being a slapshot right off a face off win, a spin-o-rama that totally deked out Markov and fooled price, a between the legs trick shot from someone streaking in off the wing and a signature Forsberg one hander.

I'm playing ToEE for the first time. Is it just me, or do you die often in that game? Otherwise, I can't explain how my puny lvl 1 chars have a chance against a horde of mega spiders or rogues that can possibly kill one of my chars with a single well placed arrow.

I also heard of this Circle of 8 mod. What is this exactly? Recommendable, or should I just play Toee vanilla with patch?

Edited by Morgoth