The sexiest preview ever.

it is still most memorable end for bond film, and for a good reason :lol:

So, as it is it looks like only one of the JB's haven't shed a tear

It's only ever brought up on screen occasionally (TSWLM, FYEO, TLD) but when it is, it's very powerful. In the novels it wipes him out and the majority of the next novel You Only Live Twice he's a downright mess.

You Only Live Twice happens AFTER his wive's death?

I didn't know that

YOLW might be my favourite Connery bond

And, uhh, what are those acronyms?

The movies and novels do not go in order, Dr. No for example was the first movie and 6th book.

The Spy Who Loved Me

For Your Eyes Only

The Living Daylights (But I made a mistake it's actually LTK License to Kill that it's mentioned)

The big JBs don't cry.

James Bond didn't take the murder of his wife too well.

And most Bond films list that as one of their least favorite films in the series, if not the worst.

Which never made any sense apart from butthurt fanboys being cranky about lead actor

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The big JBs don't cry.

James Bond didn't take the murder of his wife too well.

And most Bond fans list that as one of their least favorite films in the series, if not the worst.

It's actually the casual Bond fans that cry about that film, most true fans like it because it most resembles the novel it was based upon, no gadgets, that and Connery leaves some huge shoes to fill, not sure if any one could have followed him at that time. George makes the mistake of quiting the role before the movie is even released, depressing ending, when it was released on TV at the time it was butchered, scenes deleted, not shown in proper order and shown on 2 night's with a anonymous actor giving voice overs WTF....it was still a financial success and it seems to be viewed more positively as the years go by....

It's the 6th highest rated Bond film on IMBD if that means anything to you.

Besides hardcore fan(atics) of anythingc an be ignore because they'll buy anything with the logo on it anyways. They don't need to be convinced to buy the product. It's the mass of plebs that need to be brainwashed.. err.. convinced to buy it.

Pretty much everyone posting on the AP/OBS baord are guaranteed to buy the game. It's the tools elsewhere who have to be tricked into surrendering their $50.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's actually the casual Bond fans that cry about that film, most true fans like it because it most resembles the novel it was based upon, no gadgets, that and Connery leaves some huge shoes to fill, not sure if any one could have followed him at that time. George makes the mistake of quiting the role before the movie is even released, depressing ending, when it was released on TV at the time it was butchered, scenes deleted, not shown in proper order and shown on 2 night's with a anonymous actor giving voice overs WTF....it was still a financial success and it seems to be viewed more positively as the years go by....

It's the 6th highest rated Bond film on IMBD if that means anything to you.

I'll be honest and say that I'm still waiting on the film to come up in my queue. I only have the opinions of others to go on for this one.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I don't want to see a seen of Thorton crying. I mean, you can put good scenes into the game without turning him into a sobbing schoolgirl.

And, honestly, a macho man simply doesn't cry. He has 2 emotions: happy and mad. Every negative emotion manifests itself in varying degrees of anger. Empathy doesn't go beyond "Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks."

I don't expect Thorton to be sitting around listening to people's sob stories, either. I'm not against having some emotionally powerful scenes; I'm all for them. But that doesn't mean Thorton needs to break down in the face of them. Any sympathetic responses should be written and delivered in a manly way. I could've done without the poor delivery of a lot of the sympathetic lines in Mass Effect. Shepard simply sounded like a douchebag when he was trying to sympathize with people. And thought-provoking scenes are just as good as emotional ones, and I expect a wealth of those.

Edited by themadhatter114

Didn't Jason Bourne cry in one of those movies? BTW, read Patrick's earlier as to why the crying is gone.

For the lazy... *sigh*

EDIT: And most people didn't like the crying scene because of reasons other than the humanization of the main character.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

EDIT: And most people didn't like the crying scene because of reasons other than the humanization of the main character.

Since it's not in the game anymore, it wouldn't really be spoiling it if you told us why people didn't like it, right?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

I'm betting the animation system wasn't up to it. Crying is fairly hard to pull off.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think unfortunately Obsidian needs to emphasize the sex aspect in their marketing. To us it looks like this game will be something special, but I'm afraid for the general public it'll just get lost in the shuffle. Perhaps you guys can get Fox to start hyperventilating early.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

SO I'll assume there is no Gay romance option? Not that I had any hope that Obsidian or SEGA would include a gay romance... :)

I am not really Obsidian or SEGA's target audience though, I am still interested in this game. Since I will be (for obvious reasons) be avoiding the whole Romance/sex0ring thing with the ladies... can we at least be... friendly maybe flirty and still get a few of these collaborations with them? I can understand that some of them may have ulterior motives, and well no, you will have so possibly sex0r them to win their attention.

I know they stated "And although the women are integral to the story, there

Well. Shades of The Witcher. I wonder if it will have trading cards. So much for my hope that it would be the "spiritual successor to Deus Ex". Sounds more like every adolescent's fantasy game. My interest has waned substantially. :lol:

Well. Shades of The Witcher. I wonder if it will have trading cards. So much for my hope that it would be the "spiritual successor to Deus Ex". Sounds more like every adolescent's fantasy game. My interest has waned substantially. o:)

Because the PC has the ability to sex it up with some female character? :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, I'd definitely let an optional game component affect my perspective on how the rest of the game will play.

In what way did you think that this would be the spiritual successor to Deus Ex?

And in what way does the option of bagging chicks make it no longer a possible spiritual successor to Deus Ex? Did you think it was going to be some big futuristic conspiracy-fest with the Illuminati and the Knights Templar? Or did you think it would be an atmospheric shooter with varying viable playstyles, with a skill system similar to Deus Ex, with a strong plot, but with more dialogue, more choices, more consequences? Either way, what does this preview change?

A gay romance would be sweet but it wasn't in the cards for this project.

That's why he cried.

I can't tell if you're being serious or joking here.
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

A gay romance would be sweet but it wasn't in the cards for this project.

That's why he cried.

Glad to hear at least one of the devs would have liked a Gay romance. :lol: Though I don't think it would have fit the scope of the project. I can always hope... someday...

Well. Shades of The Witcher. I wonder if it will have trading cards. So much for my hope that it would be the "spiritual successor to Deus Ex". Sounds more like every adolescent's fantasy game. My interest has waned substantially. o:)

Because the PC has the ability to sex it up with some female character? :lol:

No, since most of the games I've enjoyed the most have romance options. But it is hardly romance when developers are stressing that basically every female in the game can be nailed if she's manipulated correctly... and some will go "bats*t insane" if they aren't manipulated correctly. And even if you dislike the idea of assassinating some poor bastard, you might just want to do it anyway if the female who requests it is "really hot!" If the tone of the article correctly describes the tone of the game, it sounds as if females are treated more like mission tools and sexual targets than capable individuals with real personality. That's not what I consider a "mature" theme. Just the opposite. Again, I'll have to wait until the game hits the shelves and the reviews are out before I decide, but this article is far from a selling point for me.

I didn't buy The Witcher for months for that very reason, until I spoke to gamers I trusted who assured me that despite the infantile Geralt-the-sl*t options, they could be avoided and the game was otherwise very good. True, the game was otherwise very good... although I still ended up with trading cards because there were scripted scenes where these "ladies" jumped his bones without asking permission. And of course, nearly every female Geralt talked to was willing to do it for a mere bauble. Not a particularly respectful way to show an entire gender. It added a really adolescent feel to an otherwise excellent game, and only the fact that the most important female characters in the game were portrayed as strong, competent and important individuals otherwise saved it from being a total misogynistic pig-fest. :)

Let's just say I'll be waiting to talk to my trusted gamer friends before I spend money for a game that ends up making me want to dump the DVD in the toilet and scrub my hands until they bleed. :)

Edited by ~Di