McDonald's Is Healthy!

Volourn

homosexuality is a lifestyle choice.

LOL What?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It boogles the mind. It's like you've got people trying to defend their 'lifestyle choice' of being fat. It's not a lifestyle choice; homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. Being fat is a stupidity choice similar to shooting up on cocaine.

What if a person values living "well" (i.e. their definition of well meaning eating and drinking like they want instead of what is healthy) over living a long time? Surely that would be a lifestyle choice as much as anything. Why can't it be a lifestyle just because you don't like it or can't see any positives? Are you gonna argue that they're delusional?

I'm a bit confounded as I have a hard time seeing what kind of thought pattern that you have behind that kind of statements. I'm not trying to offend or anything as it just seems quite alien to me.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

homosexuality is a lifestyle choice.

LOL What?

Hilarious. You might make the argument that .01 percent of the population would choose a lifestyle that will lead to discrimination and bigotry for their entire lives, but you've got about 10% of humans supposedly "choosing" to be homosexual. That's a terrible argument.

yeah Krezak is right, gays choose their deliciously decadent lifestyles. I mean, I know most people are like, you know whats missing from my life, people being outwardly hostile towards me and getting beat up for no reason.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"It boogles the mind. It's like you've got people trying to defend their 'lifestyle choice' of being fat. It's not a lifestyle choice; homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. Being fat is a stupidity choice similar to shooting up on cocaine."

Yo, you cna be pro fast food and still not be 'YAY! FAT LIFESTYLE!"

I love my McD's and other fast foods; but I would never 'choose' being fat as a 'lifestyle', either. Tsk, tsk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Meh, my generalization got squashed :rolleyes:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...i'm the only one that has the background to know why it's sooooo wrong.
junk food, for all of its perils, has what your body needs.

Oh yeah, please keep telling us more about health issues and healthy food. Please. If you knew more than anyone else in this thread (because you have the background) you probably wouldn't try to say that junk food has what the body needs.. Because if junk food had what the body needs, Super Size Me wouldn't have been made and the term junk food wouldn't have been coined.

You got some degree in something, right? And now you think that makes you know more than everyone about everything..?

Hilarious.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not pro junk food. I'm pro choice.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

...i'm the only one that has the background to know why it's sooooo wrong.
junk food, for all of its perils, has what your body needs.

Oh yeah, please keep telling us more about health issues and healthy food. Please. If you knew more than anyone else in this thread (because you have the background)

i'm referring to his statistical comments and my background in statistics... man you can't read. i made that pretty clear.

you probably wouldn't try to say that junk food has what the body needs.. Because if junk food had what the body needs, Super Size Me wouldn't have been made and the term junk food wouldn't have been coined.

hmmm, fries, your particular sticking point, have:

carbohydrates (starch and dietary fiber), fat (from the oil and the potatoes themselves), protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium...

soo, what in that list does the body NOT need. do you ever research anything, or do you live in the media?

You got some degree in something, right? And now you think that makes you know more than everyone about everything..?

Hilarious.

yeah, i got a degree, but that's not why i can read and follow context. how about you? xard is making specific claims about statistics, which is directly what i'm referring to. duh.

it seems even the hoi palloi don't understand how to connect one comment to another.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Well, I suppose you're trying to prove that taks knows more than everyone about self-control. No need to go bombastic. :*

I fully expect to be shut down for whatever I say in this thread because god knows I know nothing about what the hell goes in these things. But I consider myself lucky that after high school, my tastebuds grew sick of them and can't tolerate them more than, say, two or three times a month. I mean, just looking at it from a layman's point of view, if you ever had a choice, why would you choose McDonalds? Do you really think it's going to be 'more healthy' or 'just as healthy' as a proper meal? Heck, in New Zealand, a decent McDonalds meal now costs nearly as much as a lunch-menu in any other restaurant. I can get myself a big pack of Sushi or a Vindaloo with naan or whatever for nearly the same price. I saw that fast food still seemed relatively cheap in the US when I was over there, but really, one eats it because either it's cheap, or because one likes the taste enough to justify the health consequences. But there's no denying that it's a poor substitute. The only question is to what degree.

personally, i prefer carl's junior (uh, hardee's on the east coast) to mickey dees. i don't eat fast food, other than donuts, very often simply because i don't eat lunch very often (there's a close subway, however).

I saw that fast food still seemed relatively cheap in the US when I was over there, but really, one eats it because either it's cheap, or because one likes the taste enough to justify the health consequences. But there's no denying that it's a poor substitute. The only question is to what degree.

the problem with fast food is that people eating it don't realize what they're taking in. this goes for eating out in general. if you eat a large fries and a cheeseburger for lunch, plus a soda, you've already clipped over 50% of your calories and much of your other RDA for things like fat and cholesterol. if you're eating fast food 3 times a day, you go over.

that's the point the morons that mis-interpret the media hype don't get. excess is the problem. you don't need a degree to figure that out. you just need half a brain, which is apparently hard to come by these days.

taks

I think it could be said though that if one were to try to get all their nutrional needs from junk food they would have to consume way too many calories in the process. Not that it couldn't neccessarily be done, but it would be a less than optimal dietary option.

ALso, there differences in junk food. A Big Mac or a pizza may in fact have some nutrionakl value but does a Twinkie?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I understand where taks is coming from and I share his frustrations. However, I don't completely believe it's a portion thing. I mean it is, but either way you look at I mean come on, fast food just isn't "healthy." Yes if you proportion the bread, meat, and sides correctly you are going to get enough nourishment without an excess of calories but that's not practical. People are going to eat whatever is in front of them becuase people are retarded. They obviously don't care what they are putting in their mouth becuase they have no idea where the food is coming from in the first place. Retards think this crap comes from a farm out in Illinois where the cows roam freely and graze on grass from sunrise to sunset and people still earn an honest days work out in the fields or something when this stuff might as well be made in a factory and heated out of it's neatly packed air tight frozen packaging.

The way I see it the fast food companies aren't really to blame. Sure they could sell healthier alternatives which many of them do but they are running a business and they can do that however they see fit. If you really don't like it then don't eat there, that's all there is to it. If people want to eat trash, live and let live, even if they are going to die from heart disease and diabetes. All the blame is on the consumer here. Instead of taking a quick internet journey to learn about nutrition they'd rather be on myspace or watching tv or cramming another hamburger into their cram hole.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

People are going to eat whatever is in front of them becuase people are retarded.

...snip...

The way I see it the fast food companies aren't really to blame.

the point i'm trying to make, thank you. the food itself isn't really "bad" so to speak, it's just that it crams too much of everything into too little volume, and people just eat what's in front of them. couple that with a sedentary lifestyle (couch potatoes) and you get fat. eat only 1 big mac and 1 large fries a day, and i guarantee that all but the smallest of us will lose weight. excess is what is bad, and the silly media reports and stupid "super size me" movie don't spend enough time acknowledging such simple concepts.

taks

hmmm, fries, your particular sticking point, have:

carbohydrates (starch and dietary fiber), fat (from the oil and the potatoes themselves), protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium...

soo, what in that list does the body NOT need. do you ever research anything, or do you live in the media?

Yeah, that sounds pretty healthy! I must be living in the media.

Or wait. Why does one need to eat it in moderation? You say yourself that it's healthy? Why not eat it all the time since it's healthy? Since we're obviously not taking the amount of the ingredients into consideration, shouldn't eating an iron bolt be healthy? I mean, everyone knows the body needs iron!

Is it the statistics that's telling you to type out this nonsense?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The issue is the saturated fats and the buttloads of sugar, it doesn't matter how good the other stuff is, it doesn't make up for them.

It's like filling a car with petrol then topping it up with crude oil and expecting it not to wreck the engine.

Speaking of fat, simply listing 'fat' under 'somthing the body needs' as if all fat was the same is a gross inaccuracy in the same way as listing 'metal' as somthing an aircraft needs. That is to say, use the wrong kind and you end up with a deathtrap, and fast food is generally full of 'the wrong kinds'.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It boogles the mind. It's like you've got people trying to defend their 'lifestyle choice' of being fat. It's not a lifestyle choice; homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. Being fat is a stupidity choice similar to shooting up on cocaine.

What if a person values living "well" (i.e. their definition of well meaning eating and drinking like they want instead of what is healthy) over living a long time? Surely that would be a lifestyle choice as much as anything. Why can't it be a lifestyle just because you don't like it or can't see any positives? Are you gonna argue that they're delusional?

I'm a bit confounded as I have a hard time seeing what kind of thought pattern that you have behind that kind of statements. I'm not trying to offend or anything as it just seems quite alien to me.

The healthcare and economic costs of their folly on society generally nullify the 'benefit' of them not living longer.

Further, the majority of them don't value eating over living longer. Large amount of presumption on your part.

But hey, I value living "well" on cocaine and ecstasy, why don't you let me go do that instead of living my life? And maybe you should stop getting on my rag about smoking because, hey, it's my life and I'll smoke if I want to. :)

And homosexuality is generally agreed to be an equal measure of lifestyle choice and genetics, so you can all stop your knee-jerk reactions now.

Edit: And heck, the fact that anybody would be arrogant enough to deny that homosexuality is half life-style choice has obviously never spent any time around bisexual or homosexual acquaintances/friends but is rather trying to parade about on some sort of moral high-horse. Here's a clue: many find it offensive or at least ignorant to go around defending them with "it's not your fault; it's your genetics".

Edited by Krezack

Transfats are your friends!

Oh wait maybe not. ANyway, I think they were just banned here.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fat is bad when it decides to camp out in your butt. lol

I love a woman with a nice bubble butt...:)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.