Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Why do people compare Dead Space to System Shock? From the gameplay vids I've seen it looks more like a 3rd person survival horror game like RE4 etc.

P.S. Even though I'm only mildly interested in it as a game, I think it has one of the coolest trailers I've seen for a video game. >_<http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36332.html

That sounded like Bjork.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hey, speaking of survival horrer FPSes, was there ever another FEAR title after the second one? I'd like to get it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, speaking of survival horrer FPSes, was there ever another FEAR title after the second one? I'd like to get it.

there was Perseus mandate but that sucked terribly. However within the first quarter of next year the guys who did the origional fear will be releasing FEAR 2: Project Origin

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If I remember correctly here's the list of F.E.A.R. games:

F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault Recon

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point

F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

:(

EDIT: Carlax got there first. :(

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

There are two standalone expansion packs. But you might as well wait for Project Origin.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=16234

A NEW TRAILER FROM ALAN WAKE. I WILL NOW TYPE IN CAPS FOR THE REST OF THE POST TO EXPRESS MY ANGER TOWARDS THE LAZY FINNS WHO ARE MAKING THIS. TAKE THAT!

IT'S STILL VERY HIGH ON MY MOST WANTED LIST.

Edited by Fionavar

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 2 weeks later...
I just found out STALKER is coming to Gametap next month. I'm pretty excited about that, I always meant to pick it up, and now I don't have to.

Clear Sky or SoC?

Just the standard SoC. Gametap is only $10 a month, so I imagine Clear Sky is still a bit too new to be given away on their service.

I just found out STALKER is coming to Gametap next month. I'm pretty excited about that, I always meant to pick it up, and now I don't have to.

Clear Sky or SoC?

Strix, how did you manage to turn the picture into your sig? I would like to do the same if possible... and with the same picture! o:)

This should work:

[img=http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1526/securom2gu8.png]

:x

securom2gu8.png

Clear Sky or SoC?

Strix, how did you manage to turn the picture into your sig? I would like to do the same if possible... and with the same picture! o:)

This should work:

[img*]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1526/securom2gu8.png[/img*]

:x

*Remove these.

securom2gu8.png

I watched the Alan Wake trailer. I don't understand why that would make anybody want to buy the game. There was no "game" shown. It was just a low budget made for Scifi episode of some show.

It wasn't as awful as the Far Cry 2 trailers though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I consider an interesting trailer to be something that shows me an interesting game. G-A-M-E.

Games are interactive.

Edit: Just gets me recalling fondly how so many people got so excited at the Invisible War trailer. lol.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Whatever. I guess you won't buy Alan Wake. Good for you. I really don't care that you aren't interested in the G-A-M-E. haha Good for you.

Personally, I thought the name of the thread was "Games you are looking forward to," not "useless and pointless carping as per usual."

Mirror's Edge, new Prince of Persia... and that's about it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"