Bioware - Are Their Games Actually That Good?

Humodour

It has the actiony cinematic feel of Jade Empire with the science fiction ambiance of KotOR.

I hope that helps clarifies things.

What was wrong with Jade Empire? It was far superior than KotOR.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hm, I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. As I understand it, that's about the minimum requirement. I hope it will run without being a lag fest.

Kinda want to upgrade it, but I think if I'm gonna make any substantial upgrades I'll have to replace a lot of other stuff as well like the Motherboard itself. Oh well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

And after a while you find out that the warmth is actually due to some kids peeing in the water?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And after a while you find out that the warmth is actually due to some kids peeing in the water?

I wouldn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

All BIO games are superior to KOTOR. L0L

NWN1 isn't.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Maybe if you only had the OC without any mods - but otherwise... :ermm:

I judge a game's worth by the official content only, for only what the developers put into the game matters. Third party mods are a nice extra but they do not represent the work they developers place into the game.

I'd like to point out that the OC wasn't NWN's only problem. Another problem was that the game's core gameplay makes for some atrocious single player gaming. Playing DnD by yourself with a one man party, and no DM isn't what I'd call a fun experience.

Heja Sverige!!

Why does it need a 2.4 Intel but only a 2.0 AMD?

It has to do withthe number of computations the CPU can do in a processing cycle. AMD chips can do more computations in a cycle than a Intel chip, thusly it doesn't need to go as fast.

Processor:

2.4+GHZ Intel or 2.0+GHZ AMD

Why does it need a 2.4 Intel but only a 2.0 AMD?

I'm no expert, but my guess is that's around the mark where AMDs were more efficient than Intel processors at the same clockspeed. Though I hear AMD are struggling in the dual core benchmarks.

I absolutely loved my AMD 64 3000+, personally.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, something like that.

Playing DnD by yourself with a one man party, and no DM isn't what I'd call a fun experience.

I never really had any major problems with it - although it has been awhile since I played anything other than third-party mods and HotU. :blink:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, it was boring as there was almost nothing to do, which had the effect of giving about the same amount of tactical options as Tic Tac Toe.

Heja Sverige!!

For your sake, I hope you did not just insult Tic Tac Toe. Consequences.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I never found ME to be any good. Technical issues aside and silly things such as achievements (Who wants that crap anyway?), i found the story and characters to be very lacking, and very mediocre. The soundtrack was ok though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Tic Tac Toe and Paper, Rock, Scissors.

Best Games Evar during looooooong car rides.

I prefer slug bug.

I never found ME to be any good. Technical issues aside and silly things such as achievements (Who wants that crap anyway?), i found the story and characters to be very lacking, and very mediocre. The soundtrack was ok though.

I don't get how you could criticize a game for having achievements. Like it or not, a large population of 360 gamers play for achievements, hell - I played Gears of War for like an extra 5 months getting all the weapon achievements. Calling them "silly things" doesn't really make sense, it was a brilliant move by Microsoft because there are plenty of people who purchase a 360 version of a game over a PS3 or PC version simply because they have the (added fun of) achievements. Some games would be absolutely nothing (imo) without the achievements, ex. = Crackdown.