The Sound / The Voices / The Music

Question #1: Is Alexander Brandon attached to this game as well as Aliens? Yes? No?

Question #2: Who do you think they'll get for voicework? It seems pretty obvious that they're going for ME-style fully VOd dialogue. Is it impractical to record more than one voice?

Question #3: How come Alpha Protocol gets its own board makeover, and Aliens doesn't? Did Josh win too many office poker games?

Question #3: How come Alpha Protocol gets its own board makeover, and Aliens doesn't? Did Josh win too many office poker games?

And why doesn't the new section set the forum width according to the users desktop resolution? The main forum takes up the whole window but the AP section only uses about 60% of the screen real estate.

I'm getting the impression that this game is already further along in development than the Aliens game. Have we even seen screenshots from the other game? The magazine article means we are getting screenshots of AP

Question #1: Is Alexander Brandon attached to this game as well as Aliens? Yes? No?

I definately hope so. Look what he did to Deus Ex.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm with 'stalinist and 'Mesh on Brandon, he'd definitely be an asset for this game!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Alexander Brandon has been associated with so many of my favourite games (heck even Jazz Jackrabbit 2).

It'd be nice if he worked on AP.

Jazz Jackrabbit FTW!! I was SO stoked when i heard he worked on that.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Alexander Brandon has been associated with so many of my favourite games (heck even Jazz Jackrabbit 2).

It'd be nice if he worked on AP.

Jazz Jackrabbit FTW!! I was SO stoked when i heard he worked on that.

Man oh man yes. I even still have JJ1 and 2 installed on my computer. I miss side-scrollers.

Alex and Fryda Wolff work on all of our titles.

YES

Exactly what i wanted to hear, thank you.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He did the sound design in Deus Ex?? I am still humming that damn main tune!

And I loved the voice actors in that game! Suited the digital actors so well..

But gun sounds could have had a little more oomph to them though :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 4 months later...
So now that there have apparently been presentations of the game, can we assume that VA has been recorded? Or is Obsidz using placeholders at this time?

I am wondering if/ hoping there will be a big name doing the voice overs. Fallout 1 had Tony Shalhoub AND Ron Perlman, wonder if anyone famous will pop up. Maybe David Hayter is Mike!

Don't forget Macgyver.

We can probably expect some veteran VAs for various characters, maybe Perlman, maybe Jennifer Hale, maybe Brian Cox, maybe even Luke Skywalker (don't know about his ouevre outside of Lucasarts games). I imagine they'll get a relative unknown to voice Thorton to cut down on costs (I think the male Shepard in ME was some Canadian comedian) Someone expressive, who can cover livewire, suave and curt personalities effectively. A-listers don't usually appear in games, even in tie-ins. Obsidz likely doesn't have the clout to snag a Neeson or a Stewart, even for a few lines.

Edited by Pop

I imagine they'll get a relative unknown to voice Thorton to cut down on costs (I think the male Shepard in ME was some Canadian comedian)...

And that guy sounded horrible.

I imagine this would be the place that Obsidian wouldn't want to cut corners as we will be listening to Thorton a lot and he will be all we have for a character, so his voice will be pretty important.

I have faith that Obsidian will picks someone who can do the job.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

The advantage of getting less expensive actors might be that they can hire him for more hours, and actually get him to understand the script, the story and the setting properly - I think most of the bad or 'off' VA comes from the fact that they can only afford to hire the guy for an hour inside a studio, and he just gets thrust into the rec room with a piece of paper and they tell him, 'read'. I mean, Patrick Stewart...

Your point is kinda killed since Patrick Steward isn't the only guy with bad voice acting out there, in fact quite a lot of the bad voice actors are inexperienced people who, I would guess, doesn't get paid a lot.

The obvious fallacy in regards to Steward ought to be that famous people doesn't equal good voice acting and that it would probably be better to get professionals who live of off being good and talented voice actors.

Edit: The whole John Cleese sthick in Jade Empire didn't really work either.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Right, so the character was too over the top to fit into the story, it turned the game into a comedy and undermined it. The performance itself was fine though, usual John Cleese cheese.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Cleese would do wonders if he did the VO for the head if the MI6.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy