the best so far??

dustin19

the best system  

30 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• xbox 360
    • ps3
    • wii

PS3 definitely has the edge on the hardware front, especially now that Blu Ray has won the HD format war. But hardware does not a console make. 360 has the edge software wise, with both a larger library and for the most part, better games. This gap is starting to even out though, and I see the ps3 catching up much like the psp is catching up to the ds. Xbox live marketplace is also much more user friendly than the playstation store. I currently only own a 360, but will likely buy a ps3 when I get an HDTV, as you get a cheap high end blu-ray player with a free video game console built in.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Where is my Nintendo DS and PSP options? Both are far superior platforms to any of the ones included in the poll.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No, they're not. The PSP have no games and the DS only has kiddy games like Cooking Mama or boring puzzle games.

The PS3 has the best hardware, but the 360 wins because it has the best games. The Wii is a second-rate console aimed at younger and casual players, so it's completely uninteresting.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, they're not. The PSP have no games and the DS only has kiddy games like Cooking Mama or boring puzzle games.

Ouendan series begs to differ. Apparently you have no hot-blooded spirit!

Puzzle Quest isn't exactly far from boring either as a puzzle game with its sequel, Galactrix looking promising as well.

All of the above.

I simply love games, no matter the platform.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Did it suddenly start leaking 4chan in here?

The "PSP has no games" schtick died a year ago. Give it a rest. Whether we're talking installments of major franchises like Silent Hill, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, the upcoming God of War, the numerous RPGs that outnumber the offerings of the PS3 and 360 combined, or even fighters such as Tekken, the claim hasn't held merit for an age. What, not enough FPS and GTA wannabes for your liking?

Edited by Tale

I would say the claim that the PSP has no games still holds a bit of water, moreso because its lacking good handheld games. FPS and GTA style games don't translate well onto a small screen, at least not in my eyes, and that seems supported by reviewers. The DS has been a lot more successful at making full use of the small screen. I also don't see how puzzle and tactical battle games qualify as "kiddie" titles. Sure, they don't have adult themes, but I don't need everyone of my games to be The Witcher.

I've owned both handhelds, and the PSP never managed to wow me with a game. The DS, on the other hand, has a unique stable of games that you can't find anywhere else, including consoles and the PC.

Odd that PS3 is suffering so far with 0%, especially with the fact that HD-DVD has had massive failure. I voted for the Xbox 360 and think the Wii is a lame attempt at not quite exactly, but you could say "virtual" gaming. Not at all, really- but you know what I mean.

Twitter | @Insevin

I haven't played any new gen consoles except for the DS.

However I do have my sights set on a PS3 for a few reasons:

1- Free internet features such as multiplayer for most games.

2- Blu-Ray

3- All good games on 360 will see the day on PC, which I also own(and prefer over any console)

4- The upcoming library of games, including FF13, MGS4, KH3 and many others, in addition to the multi-system games.

5- Sixaxis is motion sensored much like the Wiimote but not as good. Still, it's better than the 360 imo.

I think the blu ray argument is pretty lame. Blu ray isn't accessible by the vast majority of people and even those who own a ps3 I kind of doubt all of them have the budget to buy blu ray dvds and watch them on their giant 42 inch 1080i high def tv in their mansion sipping on pinacoladas and all that nonesense. Although I have little knowledge of it isn't it a broken technology? Touting to fit 50 gigs on a single dual layered disk yeah I'll believe that when my pr0n collection is on it and I'm selling them to make millions.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I haven't played any new gen consoles except for the DS.

However I do have my sights set on a PS3 for a few reasons:

1- Free internet features such as multiplayer for most games.

Remember that the "free multiplayer" isn't half as good as Xbox Live. Basically you get a friends list, and thats it.

Eventually Sony's "home" setup could be great. But the PS3 has quite a few aspects that are going to be great "eventually". Eventually I'll want a Blu-Ray drive, eventually they'll have a stable of good titles...

For now, the 360 is king though. They've got solid games and a great marketplace.

I would say the claim that the PSP has no games still holds a bit of water, moreso because its lacking good handheld games. FPS and GTA style games don't translate well onto a small screen, at least not in my eyes, and that seems supported by reviewers.

Good thing I wasn't saying it's a lot of FPS and GTA games, that was a rhetorical statement about how that's pretty much the only thing it lacks is a lot of FPS and GTA clones. As for your "supported by reviewers:"

http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

4 of the 5 games I specifically referred to scored over an 85. This is all ignoring the plethora of games built around short bursts, including Portable Ops and Dark Ressurection There's a ton of high scoring games on the system. If you want to compare >= 85 vs the DS, you'll find the DS only has 2 more.