the best so far??

dustin19

the best system  

30 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• xbox 360
    • ps3
    • wii

I would say the claim that the PSP has no games still holds a bit of water, moreso because its lacking good handheld games. FPS and GTA style games don't translate well onto a small screen, at least not in my eyes, and that seems supported by reviewers.

Good thing I wasn't saying it's a lot of FPS and GTA games, that was a rhetorical statement about how that's pretty much the only thing it lacks is a lot of FPS and GTA clones. As for your "supported by reviewers:"

http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

4 of the 5 games I specifically referred to scored over an 85. This is all ignoring the plethora of games built around short bursts, including Portable Ops and Dark Ressurection There's a ton of high scoring games on the system. If you want to compare >= 85 vs the DS, you'll find the DS only has 2 more.

Hey we could argue over scores all day, sure. It's all a matter of opinion. For my money, the DS has been a much better purchase, is all I'm saying. I gave up on the PSP after about a year and a half of owning it. The following games have made owning a handheld worth it for me: Phoenix Wright, Puzzle Quest, Advance Wars, and Brain Age. I can only get one of those on the PSP.

But I guess we could argue about consoles instead. Only there doesn't seem to be much of an argument there. The Wii is a totally different machine, and the 360 is killing the PS3 for now in the traditional console market.

If you own a DS and don't have pokemon Diamond or Pearl, you're being ridiculous.

As far as consoles go, this is the way I always veiwed it, but I didn't really invest too much (any) research into it.

The PS3 is supirior graphically, at least I assumed it was, right? It's also pretty pricey.

The 360 has more games I'm interested in, and live is cool mostly when I'm able to connect to other people.

The Wii is super fun for me to play with friends and stuff, and I might eventually buy it just because of that, and Brawl, but there are very few games that I would want to play using the wii-mote, and the games that I would want to use the wii-mote I think are the most fun as party games, and I couldn't picture myself playing them by myself.

So I bought a 360 and have been satisfied.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The PS3 has that kinda open source frigility to it, it just makes me shudder as a platform to develop for, I mean seriously I shudder! It just doesn't appear to be a nice environment... It almost feels like a console aimed at linux fanboi's, and computer science research, and for some reason they threw in a blu-ray player because "HD is all the rage". I could never get excited about the playstation in any of its forms... The only way I could convay how I feel about the PS3, or should I say how it makes me feel from all potential perspectives, it's kinda like going out getting so wasted your mind is blank and then realising you slept with an absolute heffer, and being faced with the simple choice of chewing through your own arm to escape or waking them up... I can't help it, but when I find out someone actually spent cash on a PS3 I laugh, and I continue to belittle them.

The XBox-360, I don't particularly like the machine, but it doesn't make me feel particularly ill like the PS3 does, the 360 feels like an imposter, I wish I could say oh it's a PC in a box, but there are difference so unlike the original X-BOX it isn't a PC in a box. I can for example, bring myself to play on a 360, I may even enjoy it for a short while until I realise that controllers and my hands are actually mortal enemies. While the 360 isn't a PC in a box, it does kinda feel like a PC for dummies, PC's and 360's have alot of cross platform gaming support, so I tend to think of the 360 as something that folk who want a more PC like experience without all the strings attached. If anything it's a one night stand with an average looking girl that makes you feel a bit dirty, it's the best of the "Serious" 2 consoles on the market.

This leaves me with the Wii, which is a happy little console that does everything it says on the tin, when you Wii you tend to not do it alone, it's kinda like a public urinal in that respect. The Wii has several strong things going for it in my opinion, gone are the gimpy controllers, instead you can if you so desire have a more physical experience, as a result anyone can pick up a wii mote and kinda know what to do. For me personally I like it from a retro perspective the sheer number of titles available on the virtual console has certainly made it worth while. I love games like r-type, gunstar heroes, contra and streets of rage so for me it feels like the consoles of old. Though I will admit that alot of the wii specific titles don't appeal to me. The Wii doesn't offend me probably because it doesn't try to do something more than what I expect from a console. The wii is a party animal.

Why did I bother to write all that?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I pick the 360 (by default) for the multiplayer and co-op gaming (especially XBLA arcade games - freaking release more retro titles, idiots IKARUUGAAAAAAA). That, and it's the only system pixies has, so it's the only way to shoot him in the face.

I'm not sure I'd pick it over the DS otherwise, though. The unique games it has and its portability are pretty awesome.

I don't have the other systems, so the point is moot. Though the Wii is tempting for Brawl and Galaxy.

The wiimote itself does very little for me at this point. The only game in which it genuinely interests me is for Trauma Center: New Blood (the DS version was awesome + coooo-ooooop). Otherwise, I've found that I actually just prefer getting unique peripherals for individual games rather than an universal device to mimic such controls. That being said, price is the main issue here. All worth it, mind you. I have, let's see.... (360) the flightstick for Ace Combat 6 - which makes the game infinitely better and easily my favorite 360 game; two guitars for Guitar Hero co-op - simply awesome and great for party gaming; a wheel for Forza2 - which makes me actually enjoy it despite having never been a fan of racing games aside from Mario Kart; and an arcade stick - great for fighters like Virtua Fighter 5 and XBLA arcade titles. I mean, I've spent more on those than the Wii cost. And, of course, they don't have the same flexibility as the wiimote has, but I don't think there's any comparison in terms of what they actually do do.

And the virtual console is awesome. It's just too bad about the lack of online support. Nintendo's entry into online gaming is pretty pathetic.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Nintendo's entry into online gaming is pretty pathetic? Obviously you've never seen and participated in Everybody Votes.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Microsoft Xbox 360 versus Sony Playstation 3

(Nintendo Wii not disscussed)

by Walkerguy - February 4, 2008

Edited March 3, 2008

The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, 2005, and the Playstation 3 November 11, 2006. Both consoles are part of the seventh generation of video games. Microsoft Xbox might be considered the better of the two.

The Xbox 360 is less powerful than Playstation, but for the price it is not only a better value but a better video game investment. Playstation 3 has 20, 40, 60, or 80 gigabyte hard drives versus the Xbox 360's 256 MB, 20 GB, or 120 GB. As seen here, Xbox offers an obvious choice: rare gamers for the Arcade (256 MB), moderate gamers for the Standard system (20 GB), or serious gamers for the Elite system (120 GB which has larger storage than any of the PS3's). Playstation 3 has a confusing system of going up 20 GB for each step up. Graphically, Playstation 3 has an upper hand, at a price however. Both systems have the same processor speed of 3.2 GHz, faster than many computers even. Playstation has Blu-Ray but Xbox 360 has HiDef DVD. Again, for a price Playstation beats Xbox- this time reverse compatibility with full PS and PS2 games being compatible on the PS3. Xbox 360 has almost all titles compatible just with a short wait while the 360 configures the older game. Playstation supports up to seven controllers but who is going to play splitscreen that's split more than four times!!? Xbox 360 supports the sane number of four controllers. Wireless is now the usual method for both systems' controllers, but wired can also be inter-mixed on either system. Playstation allows for connection to your screen via every method known to man, allows for extreme online speeds (for those who pay for extremely high speed Internet with the same respects to the cost) and has ports for memory sticks (Playstation line product) not to mention 4 USB ports opposed to Xbox's 3 USB ports. 360 has maybe considered lesser online connection abilities, but all PS3's fine points over Xbox yet again, are for the price. Playstation's online service has never been close to Xbox or Xbox 360's premium gaming service Xbox Live, and PS2's attempt was an utter failure. Playstation 3's service is also free which either means its inferior or the price will always be steeper for PS3. Xbox Live, whether Original or 360 edition charges about $60 from any seller for a year subscription (unless the guy is tossing his cash or ripping you off). The games are part of what matters most, and most gamers agree that Xbox 360's library is better than Playstation 3's selection, but it depends on preference. Many of the P/C's greatest hits debuted on the Xbox 360. Some prefer the Nintendo Wii over Xbox or Playstation due to the complicated bussiness about the other two consoles and they also think they'll get a workout. At any rate, Xbox's popular hit is Halo 3 by Bungie with approximately 8 million copies sold to date. Playstation 3's popular hit is Resistance: Fall of Man by Insomniac games with nearly 2 million copies sold. I won't complain about the individual games of PS3. (More of the best sellers are Assassin's Creed and BioShock) Of the console units themselves, Sony has sold 10.49 million PS3s (1/1/08) and Microsoft with 17.7 million 360s (1/3/08).

All this data concludes to that the console Playstation 3 is better than Xbox 360 Arcade or Standard, and equal to the Elite in terms of technology. Consumers have made it clear however that the online services, games, and overall popularity and approval of Xbox 360 is better than Playstation 3, though. Unforgettably the 360 is a better price and value (In my opinion PS3 prices could at least go down some!) And so if you don't already own a system, or you own the Wii, (c'mon the only people who get their money's worth out are the 12 and under) you have somewhat of an idea of what to expect of the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 and it would be my pleasure that you choose the Xbox 360.

Information is accurate and is taken from the respective consoles sites. :o

Twitter | @Insevin

I had to vote for the PS3 even though I'm very reluctant to do so. The machine is just too awesome to ignore. Now that it's getting PVR functions too, there's just no way I'm going to be able to keep myself from getting one, in the future. DAMN IT SONY!

It just has too few top games.. yet.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Any gamer who talks about games being the important thing and yet dismisses nintendo as 'kiddy crap' needs to be shot.

Taste is one thing, ignorance is another.

Ok the Wii is great but thats not my opinion. I dislike it. Tryed, and disliked. Not a bad party machine though, as long as Halo 3 isn't an alternative.

Twitter | @Insevin

People not liking the majority of nintendo games is fine, people not liking the wiimote is fine, but people writing off as 'kiddy crap' the spawn of a company to which the whole of the gaming industry owes a debt is somewhat annoying when they have, one way or another, been consistantly trying to move the medium forward.

Take note that I havn't bought a nintendo console since the N-64, so this isn't rabid fanboyism but simply respect.

I wouldn't have naturally chosen Halo3 as a party game, but I guess it would make sense at a sausage-fest.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I voted Wii. I love mine, play it constantly, and get more enjoyment out of it per session than my 360. I don't play with friends that often, and while the games aren't swearing every chance they can get like most 360 games, they are fun in a way that I'd say is independent of age.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I'm shocked, that someone who is so against people trolling and causing problems and against people being just generally mean is making such a obviously trolling post.

PC is not on the list, so no use in voting :(

Go away. Just go.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Krookie takes it home!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That doesn't matter, PC isn't one of your options. Since all three options for discussion are listed there, there shouldn't be any confusion as to what we are discussing. I'm not comming in here raving about how there is no N-64 option, because in my opinion, that is the end all solution to gaming forever.