The Witcher

ramza

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...8731&page=2

Check out Martin Pagan's posts. I don't know if he's for real, but if he is: WTF

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My neighbour downloaded it and he said it was so bad that he uninstalled it after only an hour of playing it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Check out Martin Pagan's posts. I don't know if he's for real, but if he is: WTF

Oh my gosh, are you saying that a bit part of dialogue was cut in the English translation?!? The horror! Peasant lady #27 was robbed of her shining moment!

Oh and Kaftan, your neighbor has got something wrong. At its worst, it's a decent action-RPG. Did he pay for it or pirate it? Did it run on his computer well? It's pretty demanding system wise, I was a bit frustrated until I fiddled enough to get it run smotthly.

Dear English,

Your post (mail) sucks.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh and Kaftan, your neighbor has got something wrong. At its worst, it's a decent action-RPG. Did he pay for it or pirate it? Did it run on his computer well? It's pretty demanding system wise, I was a bit frustrated until I fiddled enough to get it run smotthly.

The prologue is also very long (lots of cut scenes) and, um, kinda boring IMO. It gets more interesting after you finally leave Kaer Morhen.

I'd been having problems with the game locking up on area transitions (it'd hit the CD, the drive would make a little chirping noise and go into an infinite seek). This occurred about every 30-40 minutes. I'd have to eject the CD so it could CTD. I think it's the *$@# copy protection. I followed the instructions in this thread and it crashes less often now (merely :) every couple of hours).

Will Save penalty vs. Kitty: -20

GCS d(--) s--: a C+++$ US++>$ P+++$ L+(++) E--- W++ N+ w--- V- PS+ PE Y+ t+@ 5++ X R+ tv(+) b+ DI++ D+ G+ e++ h-() r+++ x?

How many nuns would a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

Oh my gosh, are you saying that a bit part of dialogue was cut in the English translation?!? The horror! Peasant lady #27 was robbed of her shining moment!

If you read bit more of Pidesco

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Someone please tell me why Royal Mail fails so bad.

It's the monarchy's fault.

Heja Sverige!!

Day 12: It arrived. I once again find myself jealous that Euros get sturdy DVD cases while us yanks only get crappy paper boxes.

The installation gave me two options.

Easy Installation - Quick installation with default options.

Custom Installation - You can customize all available options.

Being the self-empowered daredevil I am, I risked the custom installation. The sheer list of options was immense. I could set the install path under Program Files, I could set the install path to another directory, I could set the install path wherever I wanted. I truly am in charge of this installation. MAD WITH POWER!

I was checking out the patch notes, and I saw this entry about nurses and sex being fixed. Suddenly, I feel an urge to get this game.

Heja Sverige!!

So, apparently the editing of the english script has been confirmed multiple places:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/censorship/no-pri...cher-320696.php

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?...7648&page=8

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21134

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?...mp;topic=3855.0

http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/the-witc...s-93581-p2.html

Reading the excerpts, it's nothing meaningful that's been cut. However, in some cases it is the maturity of the dialogue that has been cut. A lot of flavoring dissapeared. And it appears to have been done because of agreements with Atari, not necessarilly censorship. My wager would be that it relates to voice acting costs.

Edited by Tale

Well, that sucks...

Heja Sverige!!

Just finished downloading this game from Atari's website.

The intro FMV was OMFG-th4t-iz-teh-awesomeness on my HD Widescreen monitor. I hope this game pwns.

More importantly, I expect you all to hook me up with whatever nurse-sex-dirty-talking-enabling options available at my disposal.

manthing2.jpg

Just finished downloading this game from Atari's website.

The intro FMV was OMFG-th4t-iz-teh-awesomeness on my HD Widescreen monitor. I hope this game pwns.

More importantly, I expect you all to hook me up with whatever nurse-sex-dirty-talking-enabling options available at my disposal.

Didn't you get the censored, no sex version?

Heja Sverige!!

I think the US version probably still has the sex. In fact, the sex isn't very racy. It's an FMV that occurs each time it happens that doesn't show much. What I imagine was censored are the cards you get for special "conquests." I don't know if they were simply censored or if the cards were removed entirely.

The 2D cards are just part of what was censored in the US version.

The Euro version has a few encounters with bare-chested females and also a bit of full frontal nudity.

This is what my Google skills have come up with.

Heja Sverige!!

I want to give an impression of the game. When the game claims to be "mature fantasy" it's not referring to sex and cussing. It's referring to the "decisions and consequences." My Geralt recently found himself making a choice between a group of rapists, slavers, and murderers and someone who's been profiting off them (names withheld to avoid spoilers). All of their hands are dirty, but I chose the profiteer. For two reasons: 1) She's hot. 2) They're jerks.

Also! Last Wish is coming to the US. Too bad it looks like it's coming May '08.

Edited by Tale

Leave it to the hypocritical puritan/xian values that seep from the US; no problem hacking people to bits. Our teens playing such is fine. But show a beauty of the female form and OMG the kid is going to be forced in a padded room!!!!11. All the bible thumpers have to come out in force and tell us we are all going to burn in their fictional hell because we are tempted by their fictional satan by viewing a naked (digital or otherwise) female.

Worst thing that ever happened to this country; the bible belt. But I digress. Sorry about the tangent, but needed to be said.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta