Nevewinter 2

Gorgon

Ok so I picked up the game from the bargain bin, and after much struggle managed to get the camera view somewhat workable, only to find out that I can't progress past the beginner area because the game doesen't register that i picked up the plot item, the shard thingamagingie.

This is a common bug right ?. I already have the latest patch installed, and I stared anew in case the old saves would be useless. It's still broken. Jeez, one thing is shipping a game with a fatal bug, the other is still seeing it after the expansion and several patches.

PS. I can't post on the nw boards without first signing up with email confirmation and then typing in my cd key to activate it. That just seems like entirely too much work, so I guess i'm hoping to catch a few replies before mom and dad close up the thread.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You're talking about when you've gone with the guy to the lizard-infested tomb, cleaned it out and picked up the shard from the chest, right? Exactly where are you stuck? It doesn't teleport you out of the tomb, or your father doesn't recognise that you got it back, or..?

Yeah,. it doesn't sound like you got the latest patch at all.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Not only does it say have the latest version, I also have mask of the betrayer installed, I don't see how I can possibly be running an unpatched game.

I didn't notice you could talk to the npc, the fact that I can't get rid of him makes me dislike him intensely. I play as a thief and if Bernie comes along he gets killed by the lizards, then I have to clean up the whole place because apparently I can't leave when he's 'dead'. This makes me turn off AI and place him in the corner, out of the way, next best thing to gone.

The bug comes when I talk to the elf back in town and he doesen't register that I have the item.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

AHA!

That is your problem. The MotB expansion fixes performance issues and engine bugs but none of the original OC bugs. What you need to do is uninstall NWN2 completely, then reinstall. Update to 1.10, then install MotB. After that, you need to download and install this hotfix for your appropriate base language: http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=33470

I hope this helps.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I hope that works for you.

The hotfix worked, thanks Sand.

It's not a bad game i'm enjoying myself, except the camera is so awful I have had to start over with a mage, one that can stand in one place during a whole battle. They did try to improve it with the adon though, so now you have 4 different options for cameras, everything except one that works well.

If you zoom way out it's not so noticable, but in close you wind up staring at shoes and elbows that take up the whole screen pretty often, and the avatars don't exactly turn on a dime either, if you ever need to run in away in a hurry, it's like paralel parking a trailer home.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Trust in the Sand. The Sand is good. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I appears I have been thwarted by the game again, neither Amon Gerro or Ziere recite the true names in the second encounter with the invounerable liches, any suggestions on that one or is my game screwed now.

I have tried fiddling around with the AI, trying to stop them from rushing into battle, but it did nothing.

They have lines where they ask to hold them at bay while they recite, but nothing actually happens.

Invounerable enemies is such a poor idea, especially if you can't even run from them. Can I use the console to kill them ?

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I appears I have been thwarted by the game again, neither Amon Gerro or Ziere recite the true names in the second encounter with the invounerable liches, any suggestions on that one or is my game screwed now.

I have tried fiddling around with the AI, trying to stop them from rushing into battle, but it did nothing.

They have lines where they ask to hold them at bay while they recite, but nothing actually happens.

Invounerable enemies is such a poor idea, especially if you can't even run from them.

Have you tried activating the scrolls in their inventory? If they get damaged, even a little, they stop.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."