What are you playing now?

Darque

I finally finished the Crysis demo, after spending an eternity driving my jeep around and shooting down every tree on the island. Great fun. I'll be getting this when it's released. Very polished demo by the way. Almost no glitches and ran smooth as silk on medium settings and 1024x768 (plus some high physics and textures and stuff).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Even WoW looks about a million times better with DX10 running on Vista 64 with an 8800 and 4 gigs of ram. Damn, those animations look good. Now I'm going to Install the orange box.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Whatever. I'm telling you, with the exact same system and everything cranked on both OSes, Vista 64 just plain looks better. If it's not DX10, then it's something else with Vista 64.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Half-life 2: Episode 2. Its easily the best of the entire Hl franchise, but still rubs me in all the wrong places.

-Guns so powerless that it takes an entire clip to kill on enemy makes me feel a bit like Im cleaning the floor with a toothbrush

-I know Valve are mighty proud of their precious Gravity Gun, but that is no excuse to force me to use it so often that it might aswell be glued to poor gordons hands. Would it be too much to let me actually SHOOT stuff once in a while?

-I dont care how long they spent scripting their AI behaviour, antlions are still boring opponents.

-Stalkers are like robotic antlions, excpt with a severe case of rubber allergy. Tossing a tyre at one of these droids will do more damage than an entire clip from the spaced-out misfit of a gun they put in instead of a proper assault rifle.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought the guns are perfectly balanced. Just banging a whole clip into a zombie Quake-style isn't my thing, either. But I don't have to. HL2 really encourages the player to switch often, and to experiment a bit with the gravity gun and what you can throw at enemies. And the hunters are actually pretty cool, especially in the later fights.

I'm with Kaftan on that, though. The grav gun was all I had available all through the entire citadel in Ep 1. I'm enjoying it so far, but I do think they should've given it a bit of a rest.

Obsidian Plays

I agree that the grav gun was a bit overused in Ep1, but on the bright sight, it enables the devs to create some interesting events (like the Ep2 beginning: Alyxx uses the grav gun to release Gordon; or throwing the Magnussbombs at the Striders was just plain cool and required a bit skill). Also, you somehow have to use it for some puzzles, be it just clean up some debris, or pickup an item to activate a machine...yeah I know that sounds kinda banal, but the smartly developed puzzle sections are just what enriches HL2 so more.

The puzzles are really what differentiates HL2 from the other FPSes. I don't think any of the rest are nearly so heavy on the puzzles. And, in some cases, I suspect there is more than one path to success. Another thing I like is that the fairly constant crashing allows me to post here. hahaha. I suspect that might be because of my Vista 64 operating system, but I'm not sure. I should try Bioshock. Both to see the new DX10 textures and to find out if this frequent crashing problem is the operating system or the game.

Obsidian Plays

I just tried Hellgate London and I was astounded. With all the hype I assumed I would be facing atleast an AAA-class average shooter, but this game is nowhere near that ballpark. It looks so old and ugly that I thought there was something wrong with the config and that i was running it on low settings,but I have everything maxed out. And everything else, from interface to tutorial also smells old and poorly made.

Im amazed.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just tried Hellgate London and I was astounded. With all the hype I assumed I would be facing atleast an AAA-class average shooter, but this game is nowhere near that ballpark. It looks so old and ugly that I thought there was something wrong with the config and that i was running it on low settings,but I have everything maxed out. And everything else, from interface to tutorial also smells old and poorly made.

Im amazed.

Maybe you're just spoiled.

Hellgate looked pretty good on my system, it did the job well. Unless of course you played the horrible demo....

finished Portal yesterday. purchasing the orange box was worth it just for the end credits theme song :lol: ...okay i'm exaggerating a bit, but it was stuck in my head all day at work yesterday. got the day off tomorrow so i'll be installing MotB and beginning a new campaign of the entire OC.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

(5) Thaumaturgist

Woah woah woah what the hell

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

(5) Thaumaturgist

Woah woah woah what the hell

:lol: I didn't put that there. I would have misspelled thaumaturgist.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Vista is still inferior to XP as a gaming OS. I'd say once the SP1 and riper gfx drivers get released, it could be worthwhile to switch over Vista entirely.

Unless you care about 1-3 fps then you should probably switch to Vista now. I did and I don't regret

Not before I have a DX10 rig with 4Gb RAM.

Besides, I saw benchmarks that show that even the DX10 optimised Crysis still runs better on XP with the same settings.