nwn expansion q&a

Gromnir

Yeah, I agree with Gromnir... isn't the Proper D&D Rules Implementation Crowd rather small?

Judging from the Bioware forum, I'd think you guys would work full-time on romance, interface, faces, and romantic interfaces. ;)

Seriously though, what I've read so far about MotB sounds really promising.

Is MotB going to be co-op friendly? On par with NWN2 oc, better, worse? The only thing bothering me with the OC on co-op so far (we haven't even gotten to Neverwinter yet) is that the game pauses for dialogue a lot. Which is really good for SP, I suppose, but gets annoying when one guy is trying to shop.

Edited by Noceur

Yeah, I agree with Gromnir... isn't the Proper D&D Rules Implementation Crowd rather small? :lol:

It's at least three people so far, two of them working for Obsidian. Luckily that's out of the 52 people that haven't deleted NWN2 forever, right (we know no one who's played DnD would buy this game)? That's more than play Arcane Archer ;)

Luckily, the crappy community can easily do a fairly decent job of it (don't remember if we're able to drop a spell per level off the cleric's per day list, but it's easy to check for a placeholder if you wanted to make this change), excepting presentation with the rest of the spells (granted feats would probably be the easiest option). While Gromnir is here complaining, I'm going to take the Death domain twice so I can...

You may use a death touch once per day. Your death touch is a supernatural ability that produces a death effect. You must succeed on a melee touch attack against a living creature (using the rules for touch spells). When you touch, roll 1d6 per cleric level you possess. If the total at least equals the creature

Just what I needed, another forum to keep up with.

Neversummer PW

I think the expansion sounds great and Im pretty much guaranteed not to be disapointed. I loved the Nwn2 OC even though it could have been much better if development time hadnt run out.

Yeah, I agree with Gromnir... isn't the Proper D&D Rules Implementation Crowd rather small?

The D&D buffs I know are much more concerned with improving the framerate than if the game follows the rules or not. If you want genuine D&D then you can just play ToEE for a while.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The D&D buffs I know are much more concerned with improving the framerate than if the game follows the rules or not. If you want genuine D&D then you can just play ToEE for a while.

If TOEE actually worked, that would be a brilliant idea!

sonsofgygax.JPG

toee borked a lot of rules, too. some intentionally for the various reasons guiding obisidian (and any crpg developer of d&d products), some because of simple bugs, and some out of incompetence.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

taks is the guy that developers such as obsidian and bio has to make games for. in spite o' what fergie said, rules accuracy is not a big concern for the average fan, so we understands why stuff likes domain spell lists is low priority.

somehow, it doesn't feel right being labelled the "average gamer" but in the end, you're probably correct. at least, correct from a rules perspective. i am very particular about mage rules, but that's because i usually play a mage as my PC. for the rest of the classes, i'm more concerned about the balance they add to my party, i.e. if i add a druid, is he a benefit when we're 10th level or sucking wind while i look for a replacement.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I would go further than that, i would even make the statement that everyone posting in this forum is pretty much the hardcore-gamer. A regular gamer or a "non-gamer" don't register to forums to get gossip and talk about the latest rumors of the industry and upcoming games, checking out the latest information about graphics technology and most certainly don't register to talk about the implementation of the rules that a video-game is based on.

Or maybe the world has embraced nerdvana several years ago without me knowing it ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would go further than that, i would even make the statement that everyone posting in this forum is pretty much the hardcore-gamer. A regular gamer or a "non-gamer" don't register to forums to get gossip and talk about the latest rumors of the industry and upcoming games, checking out the latest information about graphics technology and most certainly don't register to talk about the implementation of the rules that a video-game is based on.

Or maybe the world has embraced nerdvana several years ago without me knowing it :)

This is 100% correct :thumbsup:

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm not a hardcore gamer. I don't even own any games. I'm a habitual liar, a shut in, and I'm only here to be social.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm not a hardcore gamer. I don't even own any games. I'm a habitual liar, a shut in, and I'm only here to be social.

Are ya a grrl? WEL HALO THAR

nekkid pics?

:)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy