Spore: Delayed again

theslug

Don't know if anyone already posted this but it seems spore has been delayed until 2009. As of now I could really care less considering they suck and are completely unreliable schmucks who don't know how to do anything right. Cool concept and everything but definitely not worth an extra 2 more years tacked on before we can play a game that looked like it was practically finished.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/pc/spore-slip-sli...away-270324.php

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Oh GODDAMNIT! ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, it has bugs you know. BUGS MUST BE SQUASHED!

I rather have a game nearly bug free and 2 years late than a game released now but unplayable.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I'd rather it be bug free as possible, also - or having refined gameplay rather than rushed, if that makes sense - but another 2 years ... I wonder if they bit off more than they could chew in some area of the game that they thought they could make happen but is now giving them headaches, or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Delays are usually within the spectrum of 6 months or so, but 2 years? That sounds more like a serious rework on the whole game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Could be. As LC said they might have bit more than they can chew but from what I heard it was suppose to be a pretty revolutionary game. Wait and see I guess.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Eh? Who?

Axl "friggin' Guns n' Roses" Rose

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He's still alive?

I'd forgotten about this game, so I really feel no sense of loss. Got plenty of games to keep me going in the meantime anyway

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I just wanted to play the part of the game where you are a cell. It looked pretty bug-free and fun to add harpoons or absorption ports to your little amoeba.

Well, Soren Johnson was just brought on board not too long ago. Possibly re-working the civ phase of the game?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It seems to me that 2 years is way too much. This is quite worrying. DNF comes to mind.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

^ Exactly

Delays are ok when they're sensible (6 months or so) but two friggin' years? Uh, no thanks.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Bah, that Will Wright guy is a total hack anyways, it's not like he's ever released revolutionary gaming software before.

Oh wait...sarcasm doesn't work on the internet. If WW needs 10 more years to make a game, he's pretty much earned it. I'm not really a Sim's fanatic, but I recognize the fact the guy is a genius.

Yeah, 2 years definitely sounds like a ground-up re-working. :)

I don't mind if a game takes many years to create - Blizzard does that all the time - but seems like they did too much marketing too early, if that makes sense.

Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My level of caring has seen no rise or fall.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

TWO FRICKIN' YEARS ?!?

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :devil:

I'll be married and have 0.5 kids by then. :ermm:

OMG! What did you do the other half?!?!? :ermm: