Spore: Delayed again

theslug

Well, that's better. Still a whole year, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is that a care barometer? A carometer? Steady carometric pressure?

It's more akin to a scale than a barometer. Instead of measuring pressure, it measure quantity via a standardized weight system where each individual unit of care weighs exactly the same as a mallomar. Each level is a measure of three units of care.

So, by my saying that my level of care has neither risen nor fallen, then I am saying that this effects me only between 0 to 2 mallomars.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This game has never been attractive to me. Now, if DA is postponed two years I'll be upset.

I remember when Origin postponed Ultima IX for about two years while they rebuilt the rendering engine and rewrote the story, and the results of that mess.

It better be good.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What is so special about this game? Isn't it just a tamagotchi game?

You don't want to play a sandbox game where you can design your own creatures ... like microbes, then small reptiles, amphibians, mammals, birds, etc? :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Exactly.

I wonder if Intelligent Design freaks will use this game as some sort of "proof" when it comes out :ermm:

My Cthulhu clones shall enslave whole Galaxy! :grin:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's actually a very good proof of the non-existence of a god: the fact is you need someone very clever and a lot more complex than the game to create the animals ... where did we come from? :ermm:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nonetheless, if this game works (and it should since it's Wright we're talking about :ermm: ) it'll be so, so awesome.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

As long as my creatures get to be born from eggs and implant their seeds in the chests of other creatures for a secondary stage of life, then I'll be happy.

Which means Will Wright will specifically prevent my idea from being possible.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think one of the things that I found potentially attractive about this game was the concept of people uploading the worlds/aliens they create (or something?), that other people can download and add to their own game, making the game universe ever expanding/unpredictable. At least, if I understood things right.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Geez, even if you're not a fan of Will Wright games, I don't know how you can be negative about one of his projects. The guy has been huge for PC gaming. I can't think of any two games that have brought more new gamers into the fold than Simcity and The Sims. He can take as much time as he wants.

I dont get the delay... it looked like the game was already finished.

You're right ... they obviously just wanted to take a break now, before releasing the game, rather than just wait for a few months.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 months later...

What was it about the preview that made you feel like that? I have to say that it left me feeling like this game might be rather a mess of different styles of games, getting none of them quite right.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What was it about the preview that made you feel like that? I have to say that it left me feeling like this game might be rather a mess of different styles of games, getting none of them quite right.

Well, it was in a playable state 3 years ago. They've had plenty of time to get each part of the game right.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, it was in a playable state 3 years ago. They've had plenty of time to get each part of the game right.

And as I said on the previous page, Soren Johnson, the lead guy from Civ IV joined the Spore team, so getting that part right has become quite probable.

Spore looks like a kiddie game, i hope they change the graphics a little bit

My guess is its sposed to be a mass market thing. Something everyone can play. As its done by the Sims guys.

But they've shown you can create pretty much anything you want in the creature editor.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg