Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

Neutral, the reason your particular bigotry has created such a commotion is clear (to everyone but you).

You are comparing breastfeeding to masturbating. Really. You don't think you have some issues, there?

One day, maybe, you might have a wife and (be calm!) a child. Then you will realise that the youngest people require feeding almost constantly (every couple of hours). I can fully expect you to condemn the evil childbearers to a life chained to their abode, so that no innocent little boys have to see their evil breastfeeding. I understand it, I just don't agree with it.

Or are you pretending that the infant might be emotionally scarred by the 18-rated film? Because if you are, you are flagrantly in disagreement with every expert ... newborn infants can barely see a face in front of them, let alone a screen with images. Not to mention that the baby is studiously concentrating on the nipple in front of her.

Oh, and :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I thank God that my **** doesn't threaten to pop every few hours if I don't service it. We can actually get a baby sitter and leave a bottle of milk if we want to go see a movie, but with all these three hour epics this summer, it isn't worth it. That would basically mean my wife would need to pump in the car before and after, which isn't comfortable. But enough about my wife's boobies :p

I watched The Astronaut's Wife on fast forward. It was pretty bad. Maybe I missed some reasons for the whole homicidal alien entity. Johnny Depp was not at his finest.

I saw Fantastic Four: something about a silvery surfing dude last night, and it was nowhere near as bad as the first.

I put this down to the fact that Ms Alba had no dialogue pretending that she was a scientist, so she could just pout and strut. Though she should fire her make-up artist. And plastic surgeon (Kerry Washington should sue after the abortive job they did on her).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i watched Deja Vu last night. interesting and entertaining movie. scientifically speaking, they really blew the "time travel" mechanism, as well as some of the implications, but that's OK. i'm just a stickler for such things. either way, the tv guide info box gave the movie 3 stars and i concur. it was enjoyable, and denzel washington is as good in this as most of his other movies.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Though she should fire her make-up artist. And plastic surgeon (Kerry Washington should sue after the abortive job they did on her).

Did you notice the spooky blue eyeshadow she was sporting during the first half an hour or so? Don't they have mirrors?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Just watched Sicko, the new Michael Moore documentary on the US health care system. It was very interesting. I didn't know the US was the only country in the western world without free, or close to it, medical care. Also, the part where he gathers up a bunch of sick 9/11 rescue workers denied health coverage in the US and takes them down to Cuba where they're all pretty much reduced to tears because of how well they're treated and not charged for any of the treatment they're given, that was awesome. One woman had inhalers she needed that cost her 120 bucks each in the US, and she bought the same brand in Cuba for 5 cents each.

All in all, even if it turns out to be totally fake, it was still a good watch.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ah the US healthcare system! The worse care in any first world country, where a boy can die due to a toothache because dentristy is too expensive and where a woman can bleed to death in a hospital emergency room while waiting for an ambulance! God, I LOVE this country! :rolleyes:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Neutral, the reason your particular bigotry has created such a commotion is clear (to everyone but you).

Firstly, I don't see any commotion. Secondly, obviously not, because you keep giving arguements against reasons that you made up for me. All these reasons that you have for me are your own.

You are comparing breastfeeding to masturbating. Really. You don't think you have some issues, there?

I am getting tired of your implications. There is absolutely nothing about breastfeeding in general that bothers me (I was having a conversation with my cousin while she was breastfeeding just the other day). The only reason I made that comparison is because you were spewing stuff about something being unnatural or disgusting (which you are in fact still imposing on me, with that "evil childbearers" and whatnot). The comparison is there already anyway; both subjects pretty much have the exact same social taboo attached. I'm meeting YOU halfway. Breastfeeding is not what bothers me. What bothers me is breastfeeding in a multiplex auditorium. My reasons are purely economical. I don't see where you are getting this "omg breastfeeding BLEARGH!!!!" thing from, but it's definately not from me.

One day, maybe, you might have a wife and (be calm!) a child. Then you will realise that the youngest people require feeding almost constantly (every couple of hours). I can fully expect you to condemn the evil childbearers to a life chained to their abode, so that no innocent little boys have to see their evil breastfeeding. I understand it, I just don't agree with it.

I'd like to say that because of this comment I now officially hate your guts. The only reason my girlfriend and me aren't trying to have kids right now is because we can't support it. Do you have any idea how much it sucks to hear "you might have a child someday!" in a patronizing way when you're in that situation? Once again, a case of you pretending you know people. (However, I do not hate you for patronizing me because that would make me a hypocrite... which I am, but not in this case).

And I can tell you, you damn well won't see us taking our infants to a multiplex auditorium where she will breastfeed it while I'm changing it's diaper. This is not because little boys have to see evil breastfeeding "omgbreastsareevil!!!1letssuejanetjackson!!!!!!" or whatever. Sure, I too can understand if someone feels that way, but like you, I don't agree with it. The reason we won't be doing that is because movie theatres are not day cares. Movie theatres provide a service, and anything that disturbs this service for paying customers should just plainly be prevented. That's why it's inappropriate to bring an infant to any movie (or any child to a movie that doesn't cater to their attention spans), let alone doing the whole neccesary shebang there.

All of these acts have the potential of disturbing other paying customers. As a movie buff, I can honestly say that any such disturbance is unacceptable. If a woman is breastfeeding their child a multiplex, why do you think that is? It's in an attempt to quiet it down because it was getting fussy (or more likely, as in my case, loudly bawling) and disturbing the other customers. Someone who takes an infant to a movie theatre is no different from that chatty little tart two rows behind that keeps talking on her cellphone. It's just plain rude.

The only reason I can see that someone would take an infant to a movie is that they couldn't get a babysitter. I can understand that; I don't know if I would be able to trust anyone with my kid for two or three hours. Hell, I would barely trust myself to take care of a child. The solution, however, is not to take your kids with you; it's to wait for the dvd. Even if it's a new release, the dvd is only a couple of months off.

Or are you pretending that the infant might be emotionally scarred by the 18-rated film? Because if you are, you are flagrantly in disagreement with every expert ... newborn infants can barely see a face in front of them, let alone a screen with images. Not to mention that the baby is studiously concentrating on the nipple in front of her.

What? Where the heck did this come from? Seriously? Firstly, I know that. Secondly, I'm all for the kid's parents deciding what they can or cannot watch. What kind of lazy, irresponsible parent would trust the MPAA to do that for them? Everyone knows their rating system is bollocks anyway.

Oh, and rolleyes.gif

P.S. :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough of that. I just saw Aardman and Dreamworks' Flushed Away. You know what? I take back what I said about being tired of antromorphisized (I have no idea how to spell that world) animals being taken out of their element. This movie shows that it can still be done in a way that's fresh and interesting. I'm just tired of terrible movies with antromorphisized animals being taken out of their element. Ugh... Open Season. :x

Edited by TrueNeutral

Just watched Sicko, the new Michael Moore documentary on the US health care system. It was very interesting. I didn't know the US was the only country in the western world without free, or close to it, medical care. Also, the part where he gathers up a bunch of sick 9/11 rescue workers denied health coverage in the US and takes them down to Cuba where they're all pretty much reduced to tears because of how well they're treated and not charged for any of the treatment they're given, that was awesome. One woman had inhalers she needed that cost her 120 bucks each in the US, and she bought the same brand in Cuba for 5 cents each.

All in all, even if it turns out to be totally fake, it was still a good watch.

I have had my life saved three times by the NHS for free! And had neurosurgery to correct a severed digit. Free I tells ya!

However i'd be lying if I said it was always that good. Moore could have made a shocking film about the NHS. Maybe he should next.

I recently re-watched a couple of films from the Pedro Almodovar collection. Talk to Her, and LIve Flesh. That's some messed up sexy filmage, right there.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

US health care is the best and the worst in the world. I blame the lawyers.

edit: Uh, I watched Serpico. Good movie. It makes you realize how far the US has come in terms of law enforcement.

Edited by Hurlshot

Ghost Rider: Most badass movie EVER. Plot isn't amazing, neither is the acting or the dialogue. But goddamn the characters are awesome!

Die Hard (1): Still a classic. I love this movie.

Pirates of the Carribean: Again, awesome movie, very nice humour, but I still prefer 2 and 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ghost Rider: Most badass movie EVER. Plot isn't amazing, neither is the acting or the dialogue. But goddamn the characters are awesome!

Pirates of the Carribean: Again, awesome movie, very nice humour, but I still prefer 2 and 3.

Ghost rider was awesome. Not so much for the plot and such, it was pretty cheesy, but every time Ghost Rider is on screen, he just radiates so much awesomeness that you don't care about anything else in the movie.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That pretty much goes for the comics too. Ghost Rider is just fugging awesome. Plot? We don't need no plot! We got a flamin' skull guy on a Harley* swingin' chains!

*I don't know the first thing about motorcycles. It's probably not a Harley.

Mel Gibsons' Apocalypto. Very well done.

I was shocked how well done it was. I really liked how it captured what Mayan civilization might have looked like in its decline. The history wasn't perfect, but the images of the slash and burn agriculture, social castes, and tradeskills like tanning were excellent. It was also a very solid action movie.

Mel Gibsons' Apocalypto. Very well done.

I was shocked how well done it was. I really liked how it captured what Mayan civilization might have looked like in its decline. The history wasn't perfect, but the images of the slash and burn agriculture, social castes, and tradeskills like tanning were excellent. It was also a very solid action movie.

Also a great comedy. First like 15 minutes were pretty funny, made me a bit confused too seeing as they get you think the main character is the one dude then they just switch it on you.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hubby came home w/Ghost Rider.

Not familiar with the comic, but have to agree, the character is pretty fun, tho the movie as a whole isn't that great. A good 'popcorn'/talk-to-the-screen kind of movie, imo. And Sam Elliot is always cool.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ghost rider was awesome. Not so much for the plot and such, it was pretty cheesy, but every time Ghost Rider is on screen, he just radiates so much awesomeness that you don't care about anything else in the movie.

This is, literally, what happened to me. It was just so awesome it made me forget how the plot and dialogue wasn't that bad. He makes all other superheroes look like kid stuff.

And about Fantastic Four, is it me or do they look like a 3 year old's toys compared to other superheroes?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Watched Deja Vu. Beginning was somewhat slow but once it got going it was definitely a nice movie. The hummer chase scene thing was a bit cheezy and the ending was a bit anticlimactic but all in all I liked the movie, plus I'm a sucker for Denzel Washington since he's a bad ass. 8/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I made it through the first season of Carnivale last night. Goddamn that's a brilliant show. I think my favorite part was when Justin reveals Norman's greatest sin to him in the finale. Then the look on Justins face afterwards.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I also watched Hot Fuzz today. Pretty entertaining movie. The trailer was a tad bit misleading, however I was amused throughout the movie so all was good. 8/10