Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

Your comments made it clear that you didn't understand that the comic predates both franchises you compared it to:
Ghost Rider

A strange rip off of Terminator 2 and Blade 1.

That's because I wasn't talking about the comic but rather the movie...

Astrocreep zinging one over Mets? That's impossible!

I am trying not to smackdown people in my role as moderator. o:)

(I didn't see any purpose in continuing to point out that he was comparing an older franchise with a newer one.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hellboy. Again. I'll admit I don't know diddly about teh comics, but I really enjoyed this show. I hear the sequel is in production as we speak, or will begin shortly. Cool beans!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Crank" - absolutely ludicrous. But it did have a few really funny 'action-humor' moments. Jason's fun, but Transporter was much better.

"The Good Shepard" - good acting, nice production, but ... zzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly the same for me.

Crank was one of those movies you see for some badass action scenes, like 300. I liked it, it felt like mindless violence, which gave me a break from all the smart, complicated movies with some really cruel violence. Crank was kinda funny too.

G

ood shepard was boring... And it had no decent conclusion.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Crank" - absolutely ludicrous. But it did have a few really funny 'action-humor' moments. Jason's fun, but Transporter was much better.

"The Good Shepard" - good acting, nice production, but ... zzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly the same for me.

Crank was one of those movies you see for some badass action scenes, like 300. I liked it, it felt like mindless violence, which gave me a break from all the smart, complicated movies with some really cruel violence. Crank was kinda funny too.

G

ood shepard was boring... And it had no decent conclusion.

Thirding this. I had Good Shepard for a week rented from Blockbuster. Watched it twice, could not pay attention it bored me too much. I still don't know what happened.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I love Hellboy.

Flipping channels, I jumped into I, Robot at the scene where the robot is being interrogated for the murder. Not sure where that falls in the movie but from then on was pretty enjoyable.

That's just after the introduction of the characters; I'd recommend re-watching it from the beginning as there is some (fifteen-twenty minutes or so) of good stuff.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Spider-Man 3.

First off, I had a free ticket, a few hours to kill, and it was the only show that worked into my schedule. That means it was difficult to be too disappointed, but my opinion would probably be different if I'd forked over $9.00.

It was cheesy. It was like Raimi wanted to see how many goofy moments he could fit in to the movie. The acting between Maguire and Dunst was awful. I really grew to dislike Peter Parker. He was whiny, and he was terrible in the Venom suit. That being said, it was satisfying to watch him get crushed. I was rooting for the bad guys. I actually really liked Topher Grace as Venom, and I wouldn't mind seeing him again in something. I also thought Green Goblin Jr. was the only guy who could act in the bunch.

It was worth it to see Bruce Cambell with a french accent. He was excellent, as always.

So I wouldn't say it was terrible, it just wasn't good drama. I found myself laughing in the serious spots and cheering when Spidey got pwned.

Bridge to Terabithia

If one can get pass the false representations of the marketing campaign that made this film out to be a cross between Neverending Story and Narnia, it's actually a pretty good drama geared toward young teens.

Volo will hate it.

o:)

I saw this movie on my plane ride, I didn't wnat to mention it but you're totally right about misrepresentation lol. Also the end made me want to cry. :'( I mean it was rly sad and totally came out of freakin nowhere. :)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It was worth it to see Bruce Cambell with a french accent. He was excellent, as always.

What??? B.C. is in Spidey3?

I wasn't all that interested in the film - tho I'm sure I'll see it when it comes on cable, hehe - but now...hmm.

P.S. I watched Babe in HD recently. I just love the 2nd half of that movie - especially when Cromwell does his little dance.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bruce Cambell is in every Spider-Man movie. Sam Raimi did Evil Dead.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But does he have a bigger role? Most of the time it's just a 60 second or less tiny cameo ... not usually worth paying $20 for that, alone.

And I know Rami did Evil Dead. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After giving the experience of The Lord of the Rings trilogy (Special Extended Edition) to my friend, we have embarked on the (even more Hurculean investment, in time if nothing else) task of watching the Appendices. Just watched the From Book to Vision (over four hours), and next up will be the second (of the first film) From Vision to Reality. What I found (this time through) is that watching these is perhaps even more interesting than the films; long after the trilogy is regarded as one would look at Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz or Ben Hur nowadays, these document the epic geekiness of Jackson and his remarkable achievements (the list of props, costumes, weapons, latex prosthetics and everything else that had to be invented for the films is just extraordinary).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest The Architect

Well it's not a movie, but I've been watching episodes from Season 1 & 2 of Little Britain lately. Oh man, what a truly hilarious and kick ass show. :ermm:

Edited by The Architect

I just tried to watch Miami Vice. Colin Farrell is terrible. He gives new meaning to the word "abominable". What was he trying to do, imitate Don Johnson's mannerisms? Badly? Even the usually excellent Jamie Foxx can't save this film. I fell asleep after about half an hour ... poor Michael Mann, this isn't one of his better jobs.

I was really trying to give the film a fair chance, too. I shall endeavour to watch the rest of it ... but it just doesn't have any appeal: the car chases are bland, the script is snoresville, and Farrell just can't pull off a tough guy ... I mean, Don Johnson's about as tough as a preschool girl's clapping circle, but at least he can act tough. Farrell just looks lost.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just tried to watch Miami Vice. Colin Farrell is terrible. He gives new meaning to the word "abominable". What was he trying to do, imitate Don Johnson's mannerisms? Badly? Even the usually excellent Jamie Foxx can't save this film. I fell asleep after about half an hour ... poor Michael Mann, this isn't one of his better jobs.

I was really trying to give the film a fair chance, too. I shall endeavour to watch the rest of it ... but it just doesn't have any appeal: the car chases are bland, the script is snoresville, and Farrell just can't pull off a tough guy ... I mean, Don Johnson's about as tough as a preschool girl's clapping circle, but at least he can act tough. Farrell just looks lost.

Check out the attack on the trailer scene. It's awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Knocked Up

Farkin' hilarious.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Fantastic Four : Rise Of The Silver Surfer.
So what's the verdict? Good, bad? It has to better than the first one right?

Well, it's slightly better than the first. Some of the CGi shots of the planet are pretty damn cool. But then when you think about the acting, things go a bit to ****. This movie screams 'renter'. Either that of 'matinee'. Don't pay full price to watch this one.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've bene watching Band of Brothers

The Bastogne episode was awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just caught an old b&w on tv: a Jon Wayne (and Kirk Douglas! playing a distinctly "grey" hero) film from 1965 called In Harms Way. What a fantastic film. I really dig films that have proved their merit over time, that still can say something to audiences of generations later.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Finally saw "Breach," which makes me realize that it's definitely become more appealing to watch movies in the home than in the theater, now. Even when I'm a big fan of someone, I wait for DVD ...

Anyway, has a slightly slow beginning but after that, I loved it. Chris Cooper was awesome, one of his better (and more prominent) roles in a while. The other main actor wasn't quite so good, imo, but he did well enough.