Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

I saw breach on my plane ride, I didn't think it was all that great but whatever floats your boat.

I watched Lucky Number Slevin last night. I liked it the first time I watched it, and it was still a good movie this time around. The style of the film is original and well done, and the cast is pretty good too especially the main character, plus lucy lui is hot. Bruce Willis kind of sucks in the begining but after that he gets better. Good movie overall, 9/10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've never found airplanes a good environment to enjoy films ...

But Breach isn't an exciting movie or anything, tis true. A somber character study more than anything else. I think without Mr. Cooper, it would've been nothing special. But I'm pretty biased in that regard. :aiee:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally saw "Breach," which makes me realize that it's definitely become more appealing to watch movies in the home than in the theater, now.

This depends on several factors. If you get stuck on the sides or in the front, then watching in theatres sucks. Also, if you have a small ass tv, then watching at home sucks.

In general though, if you get good seats, the theatre is vastly superior.

Anyway, saw Pirates 3 today. Was going to see Fantastic Four too but they wouldn't take my $10 off coupon so I'm going to find a theatre that will.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fantastic Four : Rise Of The Silver Surfer.
So what's the verdict? Good, bad? It has to better than the first one right?

Well, it's slightly better than the first. Some of the CGi shots of the planet are pretty damn cool. But then when you think about the acting, things go a bit to ****. This movie screams 'renter'. Either that of 'matinee'. Don't pay full price to watch this one.

I was happy in Denton where student prices were 6.50. Here in Wylie? 8 bloody dollars!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Saw Fantastic Four today. Was a decent movie. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't really great either. That's about all I can say about it. Glad I went to see Pirates 3 last weekend though. The projector screwed up so instead of getting previews and commercials for 20 minutes we saw a blank screen. When they got it fixed they skipped straight to the movie. On top of that, everyone in that movie received a free movie ticket. No previews + Free Movies = Score! :aiee:

Pan's Labrynth - Good. I was surprised it was in Spanish. I don't mind reading subtitles, but it doesn't lend itself well to taking care of an infant, and I missed a few things. I enjoyed it though.

You took and INFANT to a MOVIE THEATRE?

Congratulations, you are officially one of the douchebags that destroyed the cinema experience.

EDIT: Unless you don't live in a backwater country like me and it's out on DVD. I dunno. In that case, I apologize.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Saw Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Thought it was pretty fun but then I liked the original movie; I suspect that people who hated the original movie will find plenty to hate in this as well...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Congratulations, you are officially one of the douchebags that destroyed the cinema experience.

Hey, no need to go off on him just yet. For all you know, the infant in question might have slept through the entire movie. :-

Pan's Labrynth - Good. I was surprised it was in Spanish. I don't mind reading subtitles, but it doesn't lend itself well to taking care of an infant, and I missed a few things. I enjoyed it though.

EDIT: Unless you don't live in a backwater country like me and it's out on DVD. I dunno. In that case, I apologize.

It's been out on DVD for ages.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, yeah, I watched Pan's Labrynth from the comfort of my own home. Having an infant means I really don't even get to go see movies in the theatre, so I'll be sure to put a disclaimer on every post.

My child is a long ways away from going to a movie theatre, and I definitely wouldn't make it an R movie. She can see R movies when she's old enough to sneak in, like the rest of us!

Well, like my edit said, I apologize for jumping the gun.

Yeah, I realized that probability when I realized we generally get everything like four months later unless it's a blockbuster.

I have been to plenty of movies in theatre where it did happen though. I saw a screening of Army of Darkness (we have a cult night in our theatre every now and again) and there was this baby crying all the time. At some point, it stopped, so I looked back to see if they were gone. No, the mom was BREASTFEEDING it. It was a generally screwed up experience.

No not the new one: I said Transformers, not Bayformers. :o

I know, the new TRANSformers movie looks terrible. Yes, Michael Bay is not a good director. The designs look completely horrible. That being said, the whole "Transformers? More like Bayformers AMIRITE???" thing is the most annoying and stupid internet witticism I have had the mispleasure of constantly coming across since the first time I came across a comparison between the Green Goblin and the Power Rangers.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Wow, its a good thing we have TN to keep us all cool and level. He's the judge of modern taste, I tells you!!

I watched the 13th Warrior again last night. Not bad for a flick featuring Antonio Banderas and a bunch of Swedes.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

This depends on several factors. If you get stuck on the sides or in the front, then watching in theatres sucks. Also, if you have a small ass tv, then watching at home sucks.

In general though, if you get good seats, the theatre is vastly superior.

All very true.

I was speaking more of laziness, anti-crowd+noise sentiment, and overall comfort rather than picture or sound quality, tho. :teehee:

The 50" plasma has been pretty cool for movie watching. It's not a theater screen by any stretch of the imagination, but for most films, it's enough to keep me at home.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Smoking Aces

Avoid this, it's like a music video crossbred with a b-movie. A stupid excuse to instaframe and instagib. Urgh.

Revolver

If you liked Snatch or Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells, this is definetly up there with them, with the exception that unlike the previous movies from the director this one actually studies the human mind a bit. Yes, there's still a wealth of zany brits and over-the-top mob characters included, but the movie itself forms into something of a (excuse me for the vernacular) mind****, looking into schizophrenia and the event horizon of fear. I recommend watching it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Transformers!

I'm currently watching that right now. I'm watching the DVD version that I received for Christmas for the first time and I have to say I'm impressed. My VHS copy (swear word included! :D) doesn't have 5.1 surround sound. The scene where Unicron first meets up with Megatron is awesome in 5.1. Unicron's voice just reverberates so well in my basement viewing area. The picture quality really impressed me too. It looks like they've done a fantastic job cleaning up the picture!

I'm watching it with my little brother and quoting it as it plays. The only parts I can't do are Blurr's lines because he goes through them so fast. >_< It's a really easy way to annoy my little brother. :teehee:

My parents were 'douchebags' in the sense that they took me to see Star Wars when I was a baby.

Supposedly I laughed and loved it though, especially enjoying the scene where Luke flys down the Death Star's canal to eventually blow it up got me laughing out loud.

Of course I remember none of this and for all I know I could have been bawling my eyes out. :teehee:

Yeah, I realized that probability when I realized we generally get everything like four months later unless it's a blockbuster.

I have been to plenty of movies in theatre where it did happen though. I saw a screening of Army of Darkness (we have a cult night in our theatre every now and again) and there was this baby crying all the time. At some point, it stopped, so I looked back to see if they were gone. No, the mom was BREASTFEEDING it. It was a generally screwed up experience.

Right. Because a woman breastfeeding is disgusting and unnatural, whereas a girl with her top off jiggling her breasts in your face is perfectly okay. :teehee:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Transformers!

I'm currently watching that right now. I'm watching the DVD version that I received for Christmas for the first time and I have to say I'm impressed. My VHS copy (swear word included! :D) doesn't have 5.1 surround sound. The scene where Unicron first meets up with Megatron is awesome in 5.1. Unicron's voice just reverberates so well in my basement viewing area. The picture quality really impressed me too. It looks like they've done a fantastic job cleaning up the picture!

I'm watching it with my little brother and quoting it as it plays. The only parts I can't do are Blurr's lines because he goes through them so fast. :o It's a really easy way to annoy my little brother. :yucky:

My main problem with the new anniversary edition of the film is the color correction screws up the color. Hot Rod is not supposed to be pink.

Anyway, I subjected myself to both Date Movie and Epic Movie. Both were pretty ass-tastic, but Date Movie was the better of the two.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Right. Because a woman breastfeeding is disgusting and unnatural, whereas a girl with her top off jiggling her breasts in your face is perfectly okay. :yucky:

Wow, those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other nor with what I'm saying! Good job!

Why I think that it's a screwed up experience is because she was breastfeeding her infant in a public place (a multiplex, even) during an R-Rated movie where the child should not have even been in the first place.

For the record, I have absolutely no problems with women breastfeeding. I don't know where you get the assumption that I find it disgusting and unnatural, because nothing I said implies that (Freud would have a field day with your post). I just think that, despite what the feminists tell you, there is a time and place for it. I do not think women should do it in this situation. I would like them to be discreet about it.

Like you said, breastfeeding is natural. You know what's also natural? Teenage boys jacking off. Are you okay with that happening in a multiplex? Similarily, when my girlfriend is juggling her bare breasts in my face, it is in the privacy of our own home and not in a public movie theatre during the latest blockbuster. This has nothing to do with what is unnatural, it has to do with discretion.

Seriously meta, I don't even care to count how many times you've rolled your eyes at me because of assumption. When I make an assumption, like on the previous page, it's because of misinformation (and I apologized for that). I thought Pan's Labyrinth only recently came out because in my country that's the case. It was a mistake, and I jumped the gun. That can happen. But I don't ever presume to know how people think. You don't know people.

And yes, it is my belief that your assumption allows me to patronize you. So there.

Wow, its a good thing we have TN to keep us all cool and level. He's the judge of modern taste, I tells you!!

I think I'll opt to ignore the sarcasm and thank you for seeing the truth. Or something.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why I warrant such a reaction, because I never said I was the alpha and omega of good taste, nor did I say that people were not allowed to do it or anything. Is it against the code of this forum to say that something is stupid without adding an "omg this is just MY opinion" disclaimer or something? Because seriously, if I'm typing it, and it's not a quote, then what else would it be but my opinion?

Edited by TrueNeutral