This thread is reserved for the Fallout 3 teaser...

This thread is now about the 6 degrees of Ron Perlman. Go.

Winona Ryder

1. Ron Perlman was a voice actor in Afro Samurai with Samuel L. Jackson

2. Samuel L. Jackson was in Black Snake Moan with Christina Ricci

3. Christina Ricci was in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with Johnny Depp

4. Johnny Depp was in Edward Scissorhands with Winona Ryder

Or, y'know

1. Alien Resurrection

:sorcerer:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am thinking of getting out of computer and console gaming altogether. I have played all the old games I enjoyed to death and none of the new games, or very very few of them, just don't have the fun factor in them for me. I tried Stalker, CoD 1 and 2, and Warcraft 3. I have tried Total War games, the Half Lifes, and the Halos. I have played the newer space combat sims like X3, Freelancer, and Tachyon. None of them held my interest nor were all that fun for long. I am tired of trying to fight for what I consider good in games only to be ignored or insulted.

Maybe its time to end gaming. Except for one title for the last 2 years, I haven't had a whole lot of fun.

Jesus, how old are you?

I mean, you can dislike gaming over the last few years, but you're going to "give up"? How exactly are you "fighting" for what you want? You'd have the right to say these things if you were actually going to quit gaming, but you're not going to, or you weren't being passive beyond speaking up on a message board, and you haven't, so you're just making yourself look stupid. This is why you're not taken seriously. You can't expect to be just as you can't expect to make your parents to give in to demands by threatening to run away.

If the game is no longer fun to play then it is time to stop playung.

And you are right, Pop. I am a sad excuse of a human being.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Looked great.

It really captured the familiar art direction and atmospher of the first two games, and THAT is what made Fallout great for me...that, and the awesome roleplaying. I'm hoping that Beth doesn't serve a turkey on that one.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Finally got around to downloading/playing the teaser. Obviously I would've liked to see at least a few seconds of in-game graphics or something, but I suppose it's a bit early for that - so for a movie-style trailer, it's very well done. So on those terms, a thumbs up for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would've liked to see at least a few seconds of in-game graphics or something

That was all in-engine.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes, but not in game.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

In-engine means it very well could be in game.

It could mean it won't.

We didn't see anything that tells us about the gameplay of Fallout 3.

What do "in-game graphics" (LadyCrimson) have to do with "gameplay" (Sand)?

pete hines, commenting over at voodoo said that it was using the actual engine, though they did not do it real time. his comment alluded to the possibility that it _could_ do that real-time, i.e. in game.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

What do "in-game graphics" (LadyCrimson) have to do with "gameplay" (Sand)?

You see how the in game graphics interact in gameplay.

Yes, I meant more that I'd like to see, y'know, a few seconds of a character running around doing ... something ... whether combat or running around a field. ie, a hint what the game would look like while actually playing.

A lot of games have great cinematic looking in-game movies, cut scenes, etc. but even if they aren't seperate 'movies', they almost always are not what it looks like to the player while actually playing - if for no other reason than the in-game camera does not give a movie-like perspective.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

pete hines, commenting over at voodoo said that it was using the actual engine, though they did not do it real time. his comment alluded to the possibility that it _could_ do that real-time, i.e. in game.

taks

Pete Hines is pure PR. Never trust a PR man.

It's just a teaser...it's not supposed to show anything of substance.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Yup - which is why I said for a cinema teaser, it's great. ;)

Yet, for someone looking for something more substantial, like if the game is going to be real time or turn base, then it sucked and was worthless.

Yet, for someone looking for something more substantial, like if the game is going to be real time or turn base, then it sucked and was worthless.

It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

@ Sand

But it's still a long way from release, right? I doubt they'd want to release any snippets until closer to release date, since things can change a lot in development over time. I might want more, but I think it's not very realistic to expect it at this point.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Yeah, which to be honest is like saying for someone looking for information on joinable NPCs in the game, it sucked and was worthless.

I think its very reasonable to have expected this trailer to not reveal much at all - gameplay footage, if they even have any good ones to show at this stage, will only come later.

Yeah, I guess. In any case I won't getting it.

I'm thinking this will be the opening movie of FO3. With more Ron Perlman text to follow of course (that jump starts the plot to a degree).

You could be right, Spider. In any case, not so bad. I just watched the opening movies for fallout and fallout 2 again (on Youtube), and they were as good as remember. ;)

As just a general comment. They didn't even show any actual in game footage. Imagine that, folks. :shifty:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yeah, I guess. In any case I won't getting it.

But if it was a good game and you agreed with the direction they took it, and it was a major milestone in CRPG's, wouldn't you consider supporting them?