This thread is reserved for the Fallout 3 teaser...

I wonder what Josh thinks...

It looked like an appropriate teaser. Though some people are complaining about tiny details, the overall style, mood, and atmosphere are solid. It would have been nice to have some more solid info, but I wasn't really expecting to get any of that at this stage.

I wonder what Josh thinks...

It looked like an appropriate teaser. Though some people are complaining about tiny details, the overall style, mood, and atmosphere are solid. It would have been nice to have some more solid info, but I wasn't really expecting to get any of that at this stage.

I think the teaser shows the 'cannon' of Tactics is included

This should be the way anyway, do you also agree?

PS: also how are the talks going on? any results on some future....games there? :cat:

IB1OsQq.png

I thought it was awesome! I could feel the Fallout nostalgia pulling me AND I got to imagine how it could look in a first person perspective! I know the teaser said nada about any camera views or anything, but DAMN, it could look good in first person!

Great job on choosing the music. Great job of incorporating all those tiny little details (Doctor's bag and the bottle of booze and stuff). Especially great job on the posters! Great job getting Ron's voice back in the gaming world (even though it might have just been taken from one of the previous games and not been re-recorded for the teaser). It might not have been worth the wait, but it was still a great experience seeing that teaser!

GOOD JOB, BETHESDA!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Great job getting Ron's voice back in the gaming world (even though it might have just been taken from one of the previous games and not been re-recorded for the teaser).

I think it's new. Someone mentioned over on the Bethesda forum that you can hear a slightly different inflection in his voice this time around, and I have to agree. It did sound a little different. Ah well, doesn't matter really .

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The Perlman voice has been confirmed as new. It was in the press kit that came along with the teaser.

I have to say, I really hate the look of that power armor. I don't know, I seem to remember it making people a little giant-like in the original games. Or maybe my powers of observation have failed me in regard to the comparitive size of Fallout character models.

Plus, it just doesn't look that great rendered. And what was up with that gun?

I thought it was awesome! I could feel the Fallout nostalgia pulling me AND I got to imagine how it could look in a first person perspective! I know the teaser said nada about any camera views or anything, but DAMN, it could look good in first person!

Great job on choosing the music. Great job of incorporating all those tiny little details (Doctor's bag and the bottle of booze and stuff). Especially great job on the posters! Great job getting Ron's voice back in the gaming world (even though it might have just been taken from one of the previous games and not been re-recorded for the teaser). It might not have been worth the wait, but it was still a great experience seeing that teaser!

GOOD JOB, BETHESDA!

I hate to agree with you mkreku but I do 110%...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I have to disagree. Nothing of substance in that teaser therefore worthless.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There's nothing of gameplay substance, but those are game assets rendered with the render engine according to Bethesda, so there is something of substance in the trailer. You're getting a first-look at what the game is going to, partially, look like, in terms of art direction especially. Obviously it could change a lot over a year and a half, but still, that is certainly of substance.

Also, the trailer is cool, I got that old Fallout feeling like when I first looked at the box cover over at a friend's house and asked, "what game is that?" And he proceeded to explain my noobery and the greatness that is Fallout.

Well, I am done with Bethesda. I wash my hands out of Fallout 3. If it true to the originals so be it, if not then so be it. I just don't care any more. Mkreku, I hope you enjoy your Fallout FPS. :sorcerer:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I am thinking of getting out of computer and console gaming altogether. I have played all the old games I enjoyed to death and none of the new games, or very very few of them, just don't have the fun factor in them for me. I tried Stalker, CoD 1 and 2, and Warcraft 3. I have tried Total War games, the Half Lifes, and the Halos. I have played the newer space combat sims like X3, Freelancer, and Tachyon. None of them held my interest nor were all that fun for long. I am tired of trying to fight for what I consider good in games only to be ignored or insulted.

Maybe its time to end gaming. Except for one title for the last 2 years, I haven't had a whole lot of fun.

Edited by Sand

The thing is I don't like first person shooters. I have tried a whole bunch of different types and no matter what I just can't have fun playing them but it seems that nearly everyone wants more and more FPS games. I think that NWN2 is probably be my last game, and MotB be my last expansion.

Edited by Sand

No no, I'm not saying that you need to enjoy FPS games, I'm just saying that the type of gameplay you enjoy and game design that you enjoy is not "in vogue" right now, and that those sorts of things are cyclical, and you'll see the market shift back and forth, as people react to a new, cool idea, it becomes popular, it gets overplayed and people react in the opposite direction.

I doubt my prefer style of gaming will ever combat in full force. The days of good top down story driven turn based CRPGs are over. NWN2 is probably the last we will see on the PC.

It was a teaser, exactly that. If we expected gameplay or whatnot, I guess we would be disappointed. As a short trailer, hey, it's good. :sorcerer: The one thing I would actually complain about is the production value - the sound cues for example I thought were pretty bad - but hey, it looks and sounds like Fallout, so for a short teaser, job accomplished.

Nothing more to talk about, yet.

Judging a game without having played it seems a little ridiculous to me. I'm impressed by the fact that it's all in-engine and the mood is pretty Fallouty. Other than that it's a teaser so it's not exactly going to show you much.

I think anyone who grew up with the original Fallouts is going to be hard to please with this game. Personally I'm going to temper my expectations and just try and enjoy it so long as it doesn't outright suck. Games aren't what they used to be in general so it's not going to be a complete replica of the original experience, maybe that's a good thing.

Edited by Big Bottom

It doesn't need to. Add what is shown, then what has been said by Pete and Todd, add to the style of Bethesda's past games, both in house and published, one can easily conclude that it will have little to do with FO 1 and 2 gameplay mechanics.

This thread is now about the 6 degrees of Ron Perlman. Go.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This thread is now about the 6 degrees of Ron Perlman. Go.

Winona Ryder

1. Ron Perlman was a voice actor in Afro Samurai with Samuel L. Jackson

2. Samuel L. Jackson was in Black Snake Moan with Christina Ricci

3. Christina Ricci was in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with Johnny Depp

4. Johnny Depp was in Edward Scissorhands with Winona Ryder

Or, y'know

1. Alien Resurrection

The amount of shooting in Oblivion is rather insignificant. If the bow and arrow had significantly more prominence, than YES, without a shadow of a doubt. Maybe it can even qualify as one currently for those who focus on the bow as their weapon.

GOOD JOB, BETHESDA!

I hate to agree with you mkreku but I do 110%...

surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

Well, I am done with Bethesda. I wash my hands out of Fallout 3. If it true to the originals so be it, if not then so be it. I just don't care any more. Mkreku, I hope you enjoy your Fallout FPS. :sorcerer:

Again?

:shrugz:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT